Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Wipe LLA off of loaded rounds

Boolit Master

Wipe LLA off of loaded rounds

Do any of you wipe the LLA off the loaded round? I'm just wondering if there is a good reason not to do it? The lube doesn't bother me. My boolits dry out long enough before I use them, I can't feel any tackiness by touch. When I'm at my range, I hate when I drop a round and find dirt stuck to the boolit.

Boolit Master
    I both have and haven't and can't say it really seems to hurt anything. Might gunk up autos a little quicker, but not enough that it seems to necessitate cleaning more often or less often than usual.

When I do feel the need I just toss them all in a tumbler of corn cob with a little mineral spirits. It does make your media dirty fast, though.

I never do.

Some guys sprinkle them with motor mica to relieve tackiness. I just wash my hands when done shooting.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

in Remebrance
    Keep an old T-shirt, towel, etc. with your casting stuff on which you have sprinkled some cornstarch. After the tumble lube has dried it usually is kinda tacky, put the boolits on the rag and roll them back and forth. They will pick up enough cornstarch to not be tacky but you almost can't see it on them. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master
    Plus then you can thicken your squoil or wabbit stew with em.
    Ed

Boolit Grand Master
    If you are using this stuff correctly, that is thin, it dries. I wipe all rounds if dropped. And yes, dirt sticks very well to alox.
    If yo put it on to thick, the humid summers really seem to make a mess of it.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master

I don't like counting bullets, so I store my bullets in containers of a fixed weight size (5 lbs). I start out by measuring out 5lbs of bullets into a container and tumble lubing them with a mineral spirits thinned Alox. I then pour them out to dry on a glass sheet. After sitting around for a day or so, I put them in a plastic zip-lock bag with a bit of talcum powder and shake them around a bit to get them all covered. I leave them in the bag until ready to use.

Boolit Master

I use Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray,lay the cartiages on a towel spray and roll them around and the roll them in a dry towel.I also use light wax spray both have the same results,helps to keep the brass bright and the lead from tarnshing.This keeeps your reloads purty and pleasing to the eye.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Grand Master

I sometimes put a coat of Rooster Jacket on as a third layer of lube, dries shiny and non-tacky.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.