Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How about. . . . this?

In Remembrance

How about. . . . this?

I haven't logged on or visited here for a bit, and so I come on and read the "Gardening sub forum" thread.

My damn eyeballs nearly fell out of my head.

Oh, I'm sorry, I must've clicked on a different bookmark. (checking, checking, checking. . . nope, it says "castboolits.gunloads.com" so what the hell is going on?)

But after reading the justifications, I got to thinking. Hell, all this talk about self-reliance and how casting lead projectiles is synonymous with cooing to petunias started making sense.

So, how about this?

I propose the following subforums be added to Cast Boolits.

• Home Improvement subforum. After all, we're all self-reliant and what could be more self-reliant than a subforum on changing out your own toilet rings (which some new members here still think can be used as a consistent boolit lube) or fixing your own sink or putting in new windows.

I would also propose the following sub-subforums in the Home Improvement subforum:

-Painting, of which we could have sub-sub-subforums dedicated to the different kinds of paint brushes, sprayers, drop cloths, thinners, colors, textures, et al. Painting is asthetic and we all like our boolits to look good as well, so that makes it related to cast boolits.

-Plumbing, and of course what kind of sub-subforum on plumbing would be complete without the following sub-sub-subforms on soldering (had lead in it, so that makes it related to cast boolits), fluxing (same term we use in smelting), pipe-cutting, and of course when dealing with piping, we could then create a sub-sub-sub-subform dedicated strictly to PVC pipes with sub-sub-sub-sub-subforums on the various glues, cleaners, joints, cutters, etc.

-Electrical, which could then have its own sub-subforums on wiring, gauges, meters, test equipment, AC versus DC, etc. We use electricity to fire up our lead furnaces, so that makes it related to cast boolits.

And another subforum that might be interesting. . .

• Automotive. Automobiles use tires which need wheelweights which we need to make boolits, so that makes it related to cast boolits.

Of course, sooner rather than later, we'd need some sub-subforum to include Chevy, Ford, Chrysler and Imports. In the Imports sub-subforum, we'd need sub-sub-subforums for all the imports. We have Cast Boolits members who live in various countries where the imports are driven, so that would make it related to cast boolits.

• How about an Aviation subforum? I fly and so do some other members here, plus some of our stuff we get is transported by air, so that makes it related to cast boolits. We could have some sub-subforums on general aviation and commercial aviation. In the general aviation, we could make sub-sub-subforums on the different manufacturers, including the homebuilts, which would then need sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-subforums for the different specialized aspects of building your own airplane. Since we have a homemade thread somewhere in the midst of all our other sub-sub-subforums here, that would make it related to cast boolits.

• How about a TV subforum? We could make sub-subforums for the different shows and break them down into reality versus sitcom versus sports. The Sports sub-sub-subforum could have their own sub-sub-sub-subforums dedicated to each sport, with each sport sub-sub-sub-subforum having its own sub-sub-sub-sub-subforum for professional versus collegiate versus high school. Since so many members here admit to depriming and priming their brass while watching TV, then that makes it cast boolits related.

Hell, the possibilities are endless I tell you!

Or how about we remember that this is a forum dedicated to taking alloy, melting it down and turning it into projectiles that can be fired in guns and of which support for that includes reloading, molds, smelting, the various firearms that cast boolits can be utilized in. . .? Radical idea, I know.

Of if that offends anyone, how about we just change the name of the forum so that it can be everything to everyone all the time everywhere?

Boolit Master

Glad to see you're doing well, JD, and seem to be in fine form!
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

In Remembrance
    LOl Good to see you back, and hopefully fully recovered from the medical problems. I am curious though, would you prefer that the 15 or so forums and subforums that do not pertain to cast be dumped as well.

Seems the Off Topic forum would be ok to ask off topic questions, after all they are off topic.Lol

Banned

Welcome back, JD!

Gear

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I thought much the same Recluse, just didn't put my thoughts to print. I'm already on thin ice I surmise with one of the MODS here with my conservative thoughts.

Once this gets started, where does it stop?
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Hey JD, welcome back.

Knowing some of the members here, why would a subforum specializing in horse****, bull**** or plain old everyday chicken**** surprise you?

Now if only we had a subforum for quilting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master

Good to see you back in fine form Recluse. There is a new font color you ought to acquaint yourself with, it's purple
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master

[QUOTE]
    Or how about we remember that this is a forum dedicated to taking alloy, melting it down and turning it into projectiles that can be fired in guns and of which support for that includes reloading, molds, smelting, the various firearms that cast boolits can be utilized in. . .? Radical idea, I know.[/QUOT]

Then we should take down the swaging, powder coating, paper patching , rim fire and a few others that clutter this forum? I'm not interested in those, so I simply ignore them.

Either you don't grow a garden, or you know all you need to know about gardening? Do we gardeners offend you in some way?

It's long past keeping this a purely casting forum. I spend most of my internet time on here. If I can find a few things like fellow gardeners on this forum, then I'll spend ALL my time here.

My donation anniversary is coming up in a week. I may have to re-think my support if I keep seeing a few self-important people trying to brow beat the rest of us into getting a special forum denied.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Moderator Emeritus

welcome back Recluse !
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 04-08-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Do not like it -- do not go there. Not too complicated.
    ph4570

hallelujah I seen the purple because i thought hey lol

in Remebrance
    JD, what's the status of book #2? I'm running short of decent reading material. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Grand Master

The gardening forum is probably a good idea. After all I do go to the gardening forums for my boolit casting info, the photography forums are a wealth of knowledge for prescription drug side effects and who doesn't use the deep sea fishing sites for their NASCAR results?

Yep, a gardening forum is perfect and exactly what a boolit casting/firearms site can't do without. How else are gonna learn about the reproductive habits of the deep sea crustaceans?

The point here is really simple in case someone missed it. There is not a single member of this forum that doesn't have some other interest besides casting and firearms . . . Should we have a forum for every one of them? If not who are you going to leave out? I find Leafy seadragons fascinating, where's my forum? A gun site should certainly include that one.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

FWIW, I think the naysayers don't really have a problem with the occasional thread, but to have an entire subforum takes away from the site...

Is that the vibe I've been getting?
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

I want my click back.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

You're leaving out helicopter aviation? That doesn't seem right! I like helicopters. I do, however, like the home improvement section suggestion. I live seeing other people's work!
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Sounds fair to me ... We discuss guns and shooting on occasion over on a general aviation board I hang out on ...

Boolit Grand Master
    Couldn't agree more JD.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

what he said!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast