Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Alliant powder for sale

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nise View Post
    When the last 'hit' occurred Alliant was about all I could find, now I can find about everything except alliant powders. I saw some "Power" powders the other day but nothing I was familiar to. Absolutely no Reloaders, Unique etc. This is unadulterated BS though. The demand for 2400, Unique, and the Reloaders is at epidemic level. Just high demand. The 'upside' is I already see people leaving their staple powders and finding suitable replacements.
    Powder Valley has Reloader 19 in stock now.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

I tried a phone call to Alliant 3 different times and left messages and e mailed them twice in the last two months about another question and have gotten no response from them at all, Hogden answers everytime, so there may be something in the air...

Boolit Bub
    Unless something just changed, St Marks Powder (General Dynamics subsidiary) makes virtually all (over 95%) of the ball powder used by Lake City for small arms ammo including 7.62mm, 5.56mm, 6.8mm SPC, .338 Lapua, .45 cal., and .50 cal., and I believe some more experimental ammo as well. Nothing Alliant makes is used by the military for standard production at Lake City.

Boolit Buddy
    Last edited by sig2009; 04-12-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Is Champion a powder distributor? I go by their store every now and then, but I see almost no powder for sale. Their focus has always been on .22 rimfire competition stuff. (I get my high grade ammo there.) I once asked if they could get me powder, and the clerk I was talking to said they could order it - lead time about a week. I have never taken them up on it. Also have not been to the new store yet....
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    Didn't you just post this same stuff not too long ago? Trying to figure out if you just like the attention or just don't know when someone is filling you full of info that is Totally False !

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-not-available!
    Last edited by Mooseman; 04-07-2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: borderline namecalling

Boolit Grand Master

Sig2009 on post #35 http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...57#post2723257 you claim that Hodgdon SR4756, SR4759, PB and SR7625 being discontinued is BS
    Quote Originally Posted by sig2009 View Post
    Total BS rumors!
    I wish is was a BS rumor but it has been verified by Hodgdon.

You also posted this
    Went to a gun show in PA over the weekend. The dealer I buy powder from was told directly by Alliant that they can no longer sell him any powder. He was told that the EPA has gotten involved with the reloading componets and the powder manufacturers can only sell to the ammo manufacturers.

Take that as you will. I am just telling you what he was told by Alliant directly. They only caviot to this would be that ammo manufacturers don't use retail powders for the ammo they reload.
    and this
    Well my dealer was told BY ALLIANT they could no longer sell him powder because the EPA said they could only sell to ammo manufacturers and no one believes this. So how is this any different to believe.

Do you understand that he was told DIRECTLY BY ALLIANT! So in this case I don't believe that someone here was told by Hodgdon that they are discontinuing these powders!

And this two months later
    Went to a gun show in PA over the weekend. The dealer I buy powder from was told directly by Alliant that they can no longer sell him any powder. He was told that the EPA has gotten involved with the reloading componets and the powder manufacturers can only sell to the ammo manufacturers.

Take that as you will. I am just telling you what he was told by Alliant directly. They only caviot to this would be that ammo manufacturers don't use retail powders for the ammo they reload.
    The verified one you call BS and the one no one else can verify you claim is true. What is your deal?
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 04-06-2014 at 11:11 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Anyone else smell a troll?
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Banned

Seemingly, but member for years with a few hundred posts and not on my radar.

Moderator Emeritus

It appears odd to me that on all the gun boards I see, your buddy is the only one that has been told this inside info.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    I smell something's up, but it has nothing to do with Alliant. I figure sig is a troll, or working for a distribution company for powder manufactures trying to drum up a panic so the profits continue to flourish.

Oh, and I fell for that 1911's are junk thing too. But, I already had a few so I kept them and just added some tupperware to keep them company. I guess im a junk collector.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    I smell something's up, but it has nothing to do with Alliant. I figure sig is a troll, or working for a distribution company for powder manufactures trying to drum up a panic so the profits continue to flourish.

Oh, and I fell for that 1911's are junk thing too. But, I already had a few so I kept them and just added some tupperware to keep them company. I guess im a junk collector.
    Only if you started collecting Glocks
    I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.

My Feedback Thread<->http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...7793-possom813

Boolit Master

If I remember correctly, Alliant made a statement addressing this exact rumor not long ago. None of their product (alliant) goes to military production.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

I heard kel Tec is best and trolls taste like chicken. I don't question that because my buddies dads buddy knows a guy who overheard a conversation between slim shady and Hank Williams Jr.

My only question is- which powder colors are they gunna quit selling, cuz I is low on light grey? Gots plenty o dark grey doe.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Some have so little excitement in their life that they have to create rumors and watch them spread for excitement. I've seen it my entire life at the several positions I've held throughout the years. It's sad but true. Alliant isn't positioned for being dedicated to military production, any more than Chevrolet is.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Quote Originally Posted by possom813 View Post
    Only if you started collecting Glocks
    Hate to say it but my local range got a Glock 42 (.380acp) and made it a rental gun. So I just had to shoot a couple of rounds thru it and must say that it is a fun little shooter...
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Grand Master

If it is true shame on Alliant, BUT I'm not buying into this carp! More "Tales from Cyberspace" me thinks
    Charter Member #148

Just called Alliant, operator took all my info and said that someone would return my call and answer all my questions. =More to follow=

Boolit Grand Master

Call Hodgdon while you're at it

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Call Hodgdon while you're at it
    LOL, spoke with Hodgdon customer service months ago regarding availability, especially their newest powder, CFE Pistol. They told me that their were some issues to be worked out but that CFE Pistol should be available by May 2014. I bought 4 pounds last of March. Their rep at the shot show 2014 said that 2014 was going to continue to be short on smokeless powder availability.

http://youtu.be/v4I7YAamFrc

And of course, Nammo bought VihtaVuori and has production ramped back up. Normally, VihtaVuori ships to the US twice a year, spring and fall. Hopefully have a boatload on the way the US right now
    Last edited by Bonz; 04-07-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast