Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone work anymore?

Boolit Grand Master

Does anyone work anymore?

Seems a bunch of guys are posting today. Does anyone work any more? Maybe I'm just the oddball with no internet access at work.

Oh, I'm off today. That is my excuse.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Yes, I am working today.
    Stuck at my desk doing a ton of phone/customer/email support. Its not all wrenches, vernier calipers and protractors for me all of the time.
    Ironically, the reason I am chained to the desk is because my one useless, oxygen bandit co-worker decided that coming in and doing his job was too much today.
    And yesterday as well. He is a real go-getter.

So work load ebbs and surges throughout the day.

double irony, my phone is ringing.

Galena Guru

I typically werk at night , I left home at 1900 last evening and was home this morning around 0630 .. After all these years I still use the 24 hr clock
    Schamankungulo

Matt. 5:14-16

GMCS USN ret.

I'm at work. Sitting here. Waiting for the end of the drill rod, so I can grease the threads, and then retreat back to my perch to read the internet on my iphone.

Boolit Buddy
    Work from home, so my hours are not the 8-5 but do not have a defined start or stop, so I post some and work some!

Boolit Master

I'm working but I flat rate so if I am posting a lot during the day the dealership is slow.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Run my own company so I can do just about anything I want when I want!

Where ever I am and I have my iPhone and/or iPad, that is where my office is! And internet connections.

banger

Boolit Master

15" of snow last night...can't get out and work is shut down today.

Setting around reading and waiting for chemo is my job now.

Boolit Buddy

I am now permanently out of the workforce. One of the few, unfortunate men with both fibro myalgia, and rheumatoid arthritis. Just me luck.
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    With my back, I can only be on my feet for limited periods. So, I'm in and out of the shop all the time. So far today, I finished inletting a barrel into a plank stock blank. Reshaped the tang, and removed a bunch of wood from the plank. I have to make a run to town in a bit, or would be back in the shop. I generally work 7 days a week.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    I work from home

Boolit Master

"WORK" what's that??????

I got SWMBO working so I can play, corse I am retired.
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Boolit Master

I work in LE, so I typically work nights and weekends, and my days off fall during the week.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    I am a 77 year old and retired so I can keep tabs on those who should be working instead of playing with these infernal machines.Having said that you guys have put me right on many shooting questions so I am glad of your extra curricular activities.

Boolit Master

Twice retired, so I work when the wife wants something done. Tried participating with a couple of "Start Up" endeavors over the last two years; but found they had been polluted with today's thinking that hard work, risk control, cost control, quality control, business development, satisfying customer needs, etc.. are outmoded. Well, one day I'll find a new work endeavor.

In the mean time, refurbishing the Kalispell house and spring set up for the Moapa House keep me busy; so I can not shoot daily yet.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    I already got my 40 in for the week, but I have an ex daughter in law that could teach classes on how not to work and cheat the welfare system.

Boolit Master
    I work four 10-hour days, so I'm done for the week. Not that that fact keeps me off the Internet at work...
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

In Remembrance
    Nope, not working now, give it about a month and my season will be here in earnest, and post count will drop a bunch. lol

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Nope, not working now, give it about a month and my season will be here in earnest, and post count will drop a bunch. lol
    Me too. In a couple weeks I go long hours all week. I am still in my slow business season.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast