Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 20 Long Slide 10mm

Love Life

Glock 20 Long Slide 10mm

I've seen these floating around on the internet (Long Slide Glock 20 10mm) and now I want one. For those of you who own one I have a few questions:

Are they easy to build? Is it a pretty straight forward process?
    If you could go back and do it again, what would you change?
    Was it worth it to you?

Thank you,
    Dick
    Last edited by Love Life; 04-04-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Boolit Bub

Glock 20 Long Slide 10mm

I built one of the original longslide conversions which was essentially a 45 slide on a Glock 20 lower with a 45 to 10 mm conversion barrel… Unfortunately my set up was less than 100% reliable however now Lone Wolf sells Glock 20 slides designed for 10mm barrels which should increase reliability tenfold.

There isn't really much "building" to it. You just assemble the parts together just how you would assemble a field-stripped Glock (in most cases).

Lots of people have had -00% reliable guns with the new slides and setups.

I say go for it! AWESOME RIGS!

Love Life
    Wow!! So pretty much a plug and play item huh? I'm moving back to Georgia soon and figure a Long Slide 10mm Glock would be about perfect for the area I'll be living in.

Right now I'm debating between some kind of red dot or a seet of sights like these: http://flatlineops.com/products/sigh...ck-speed-sight

Those lone wolf compensators look super awesome, but I don't know if I'll get that buck wild with it.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Wow!! So pretty much a plug and play item huh? I'm moving back to Georgia soon and figure a Long Slide 10mm Glock would be about perfect for the area I'll be living in.

Right now I'm debating between some kind of red dot or a seet of sights like these: http://flatlineops.com/products/sigh...ck-speed-sight

Those lone wolf compensators look super awesome, but I don't know if I'll get that buck wild with it.
    If cost is an issue id go with a Burris Fastfire 3 either mounted to slide (springer precision mount) or melted to slide.

If cost is no object, a Trijicon RMR melted to the slide is the way to go.

I personally hate compensators as there is no real point and make a hunting gun too loud and take away the very velocity you gained from adding a longslide.

Banned

Bro, why not just convert a Glock to Rowland 460? That is a simple deal and more cooler

Boolit Bub
    I have the Fastfire and it's been flawless on my .44 mag and .22/45. Will prob move it to my G20SF next.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by jmortimer View Post
    Bro, why not just convert a Glock to Rowland 460? That is a simple deal and more cooler
    I thought about it, but I'm really digging the 10mm over the 45 caliber these days. My 10mm shoots though pinion logs and my 45 doesn't.

My favorite smith has been contacted...

I reckon I'll skip the compensator for the reason stated above. I don't mind the weight, and the real reason for me looking at the compensator is because they are super awesome looking. Yes, awesome looking is always a consideration for guns I buy. I don't want to lose performance though.

How's the Glock 20 LS hold up to nuclear loads with the LW barrel?

Banned

I am no spokesman for Rowland, but you can't compare .45 ACP/10mm performance to the .460 Rowland. 10mm is a great thing. Just thinking simple 460 Rowland conversion would take you to a higher power level and still shoot .45 ACP or .45 Super if you want. I just think the extra power of a .460 Rowland would be cool.

Love Life
    It would be cool. With the same frame I can have the 10mm LS and build a 45 ACP long slide and possible Rowland as well.

Banned

That would be the best of all worlds.

Love Life
    My wife is going to kill me.

Love Life
    What about springs and guide rods?

Love Life
    Just a little info from Gunblast: http://www.gunblast.com/10mm.htm

In his shooting, he gained velicity with the comp.

Several years back I put together a 10mm longslide on my then G20SF. I had the threaded 6.6" barrel with comp on it too, got the slide refinished in black. It shot well, but it was heavy...real heavy and for the $$ I had in the slide and barrel I could have bought a new Glock. Would I do it over again? No, but if it interests you then that's all that matters.

The only longslides I have now are .40 cal, they're lighter weight and from a longer barrel (6") will nearly mimic even warm 10mm velocities (180gr @ 1,350+ or 200gr @ 1,250+). I've gotten struck on the .45 SUPER really, it's a wonderful cartridge, and Starline makes .45 Super brass which according to them, it's as strong as their 460 Rowland brass. Since Starline .45 SUPER brass is so strong, you can load .45 SUPER brass to 460 Rowland pressures (35-40K PSI), making them identical in ballistic performance. The added plus about the SUPER is that you can shoot ACP from the same barrel since they are externally identical in dimensions, it's not recommended to shoot .45 ACP from a Rowland barrel, even the makers of the Rowland don't even recommend it.

I can load my .45 Super (5" barrel w/comp) to shoot 230gr JHP's to 1400 fps, 250/255gr JHP/hardcast to over 1,300 fps, 275gr hardcast to over 1,200 fps and even 300gr hardcasts to over 1,150 fps. The .45 Super, using Starline brass (which is pretty much the only Super brass anyways) loses nothing to the 460 Rowland, but it does need to be compensated. And it doesn't really have to be loaded hot to be effective anyways, a 250gr WFN hardcast at 1,000 fps is plenty for most game use.

.45 300gr LFNGC used in .45 SUPER compared to 200gr WFNGC used in .40/10mm
    Last edited by Ruger45Bisley; 04-07-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Boolit Master
    the 10 LS is accurate controllable and powerful enough for allot of animals in NA. 210 Hardcast Flat nose at 1200 FPS plus is no slouch. My LW is a great gun and I have run many thousands of rounds thru it it runs well and can be loaded to the potential of 10mm because it has fully supported and tight chamber. the heft of the slide helps control recoil and the brass and reloading components can be had without much trouble. Try the folks at 10mm-firearms.com good knowledgable group of folks over there you may also try Glocktalk.com under the 10-Ring sub categories. I have no real issue with the Rowland's other than they can be hard on the gun and the shooter components are pricey. in any case good luck with your journey.

Love Life
    I'm accumulating parts right now. I'm headed to KKM precision this week to pick up a barrel. I'm not going to go with a compensator. I plan to add a magazine to facilitate faster magazine changes as well. Sights will be from Flatline ops. This one is gonna be a doozy!

ETA: The more I research into this gun and see all the parts, the happier I get. With one frame and couple slides and I roll a whole bunch calibers!!! I believe a 9X25 Dillon will have to be one of those calibers. This gun is going to be nuts.
    Last edited by Love Life; 04-07-2014 at 11:49 PM.

You could always add a Glock or aftermarket barrel that is 6" long and use the same slide.
    Inexpensive and you chance no reliability issues, but the barrel does stick out of the slide a bit.
    My firearms review site. http://rangehot.com/

Boolit Master
    Be sure to get a Lone Wolf 10-40 barrel for it (40 S&W) makes for cheap plinking loads and my barrel will accept a 40 S&W loaded to the same length as a 10mm....same case capacity small primer pocket

Check out Ameri-glow two dot sights. I have a set on my 20 and love them. I need to get some ordered for my Glock 32c.

Lone Wolf makes a 9" barrel for the 20 also...
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Master

I "built" a Lone Wolf 10mm long slide upper for my Glock 21. I used the internal 4 port barrel.

If I were to do it all over, I may not get the ported barrel. After a few shots, the white dot on the front sight is blacked out with carbon. I think I'd have gone with a solid top slide and a fiber optic sight instead.

Also, I've decided that the long slide is just too cumbersome for me. I've been meaning to sell my long slide upper and just put the money towards a 29 or a 20. The long slide gets in my way when I want to hunt from a stand.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Love Life
    How much you want on that upper?