Redding case trimmer
    Outside neck turner
    Imperial sizing die wax
    Knowns:
    7mm RM FL die will size the neck to .306” OD
    7mm RM Trim die will size the neck to .316-.3165”
    300WM case is .120” longer than 7mm RM case
    My chamber measures .3172”

I’ve never formed brass before and beseech those more knowledgeable for input and opinions.
    What I have done so far.
    1. Trim brass to 2.507”
    2. Anneal neck and shoulder
    3. Resize in 7mm RM trim die
    This is the result: (300WM case shown for comparison)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3898.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	101346
    I believe from this first try that I can get the neck OD to within .001” diameter clearance of the chamber neck and have enough neck to seat a .285" boolit.
    The dents in the case body below the shoulder are from too much lube. This I know how to fix.
    How do I get rid of the shoulder crimp?
    Should I cut some off the bottom of the 300 WM die so that I can run the brass a bit further in and get the shoulder set back a bit before I move to the 7mm die?
    If so, How much should I try to set the shoulder back?
    Would I need to fire form this crimp out of the shoulder?
    Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Grand Master
    Try annealing after the forming.

Often times using the 7 mm seating die with the guts removed will let you from the case with a larger neck diameter that is then cleaned up by resizing in th FL size die.

I also prefer to cut to length after reforming.

Oh, it is far easier with new cases. Fired cases often are just enough harder to be a pain to reform. Annealed cases are often too soft, new seems just right.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

In Remembrance
    ^^^^^ What he said, when I convert cases I rarely anneal first. Well that and I use my swage lube of Anhydrous Lanolin and Vaseline 50/50 and put it on the body only and nowhere close to the neck shoulder area..
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Check the trim die to see if it has a vent hole in the shoulder area, and if it has the vent hole, make sure it is open. The vent does get plugged with lube at times. BTDT
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

In Remembrance

I can only ask "why try to make the case with so much of it already around"? Yes, I understand the need to want to make your own - but is the headache worth it?Robert

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA View Post
    ^^^^^ What he said, when I convert cases I rarely anneal first. Well that and I use my swage lube of Anhydrous Lanolin and Vaseline 50/50 and put it on the body only and nowhere close to the neck shoulder area..
    I'll reduce the lube then.

Quote Originally Posted by oneokie View Post
    Check the trim die to see if it has a vent hole in the shoulder area, and if it has the vent hole, make sure it is open. The vent does get plugged with lube at times. BTDT
    No vent. I'll do like Grumpa says and see how it works. And maybe switch to the seating die also.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    I can only ask "why try to make the case with so much of it already around"? Yes, I understand the need to want to make your own - but is the headache worth it?Robert
    I have plenty of 7 RM brass. I happen to have a good amount(120) of 300WM and want to try and make brass that fills the chamber neck better.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Master
    Keeping the lube off of the shoulder cured it. I'm going to make 5 and open a sizer up .0005" and see if it's worth pursuing further.
    Seating die necks it down too far. The trim die still give me better neck diameter.

Boolit Master
    This project is over. After firing there is not enough neck thickness to fit the factory chamber and have enough tension on the boolit, definately not enough with condoms. It might be OK with .287 boolits, but not in my chamber.
    I'll do this again if I get some 375 H&H or 338WM brass.

Banned

You'd be better off starting with the parent case, much less neck/shoulder crease to have to iron out on the new neck. Don't count on them being thick enough to fill your neck even then though, try one and see first. I'd do it for you if I had a 7mm WM sizer die. If you like, I can send you a few .375 cases that I found at the range the other day.

Gear

Boolit Master
    I'd appreciate that.
    Something to do with some down time, and I had these 300WM cases.....and I've wanted to make brass to fit this rifle for a long time.