Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Two Prayer Requests

Two Prayer Requests

Folks, I come to you today to ask for your prayers.

First is for Dad. He's got some things going on, physical and spiritual.

The physical: He's been diagnosed with moderate dementia. Which, I don't know how to take it myself. He's still Dad, just he's got some memory problems and he's got the shakes in one hand and shuffles. He's 73 so I'm sure a little is to be expected.The doctors have said that it is one specific type of dementia caused by a little fluid at the base of the brain, which they can draw out and remedy some of the problem. I've heard that he's going to have the procedure done after he talks to his neurologist. So I ask for your prayers that this whole thing goes well.

The spiritual: An old friend of ours died this past weekend. He was great friends with her, she was like a grandma to me.She'd been in the nursing home for several years, dad fought like heck to keep her out of there. She got in there and went south quick, her mind and body. I'm not sure how she held on this long, but I know Dad's hurting. For me, hey she isn't in that bed anymore, on whatever kind of drugs they put folks on to keep them quiet (I realize this isn't always the case, but...) Anyway, please pray that he can find peace with the situation, knowing he did all he could.

Next is for my buddy David who used to live across the road.

I know some will remember he moved to Oregon to be with family. I guess everything is going pretty well over there, he had some pretty bad home sickness for the first month, but he's seemed to settle in pretty well. Well here lately he's been sick a fair bit, but had gotten better pretty easily. This past weekend though he fell down the steps and roughed up his noggin pretty good. His specific type of injury, this is not good. He immediately went into seizures and went to the hospital. Usually once they get the seizures calmed down he can go home. I haven't heard from him today so this may have changed, but as of last night he'd been getting real dizzy when he stood up, so of course he needs to stay until they get him well. So I ask for your prayers that he gets well and is able to go home.

Thanks guys,

Sully
    Sully

Boolit Master

Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Moderator Emeritus

May God wrap his loving arms around your dad and heal him physically and spiritually......
    May God hold David in the palm of His hands and heal him as he heals your father......Amen

Boolit Buddy

Prayers sent, and hope the procedure helps
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP

Boolit Master

Lots of stuff going on.....prayer for the peace that surpasses all understanding as The Lord works all this out.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Praying for healing and cor strength to handle the stress yourself as well.

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    Will be praying for your dad and Dave. May God undertake the needs and these two be strengthened and healed.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

In Remembrance

Sully, prayers sent for your dad and David.

Boolit Master

Prayers said for your Dad and friend.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71