Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: Cell phone pictures.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

Cell phone pictures.

I got a cell phone a month or so ago. Never have made or received a call on it, just have it for emergency use.
    I have taken some pictures on it, and my question is, how do I transfer them to a computer?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Depending on the phone, you can connect with a USB and transfer them or you can e-mail them to yourself and then save them.

Boolit Buddy

When I plug my Galaxy into a USB port, a box pops up on my computer screen, and I just follow the links. Or, as stated above, I've emailed them
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP

Boolit Grand Master

What phone? W/ iPhones if they aren't jailbroken you are stuck using iTunes or emailing them to yourself. Android devices are drag and drop for file management.

Boolit Buddy
    Email or if it has a Sim card take it out of the phone and plug into computer. You may have to have an adapter to fit. I did this when the phone died and I got photos back.

Boolit Master

On my ATT phone I have to email them to myself.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master

I email them to myself and save in my pictures. If something I want forever they get uploaded tpo photobucket.
    Charter Member #148

I have an iPhone 4. I simply connect it to my PC with its USB charging cable. I'll get the usual BS "use me to download" popups, I just close them out. I'll then open My Computer, and my phone is listed there as a drive. I click on it, select all the photos and either copy/paste them or drag them where I want them.

I have a main "pictures" folder, with scads of subfolders/sub-subfolders/etc. in it. One is named "iPhone temps", that's where I put everything off my phone. I can then go in there, rename them as needed, and move them to other folders.

Take the "Facebook Photos" thread here. I've mined a ton of photos and funnies out of that thread and saved them in my phone. Then I'll dump 'em into my PC, and sort/save them in a hundred different categories. It's easy, just time-consuming.

I use an iphone because that is what the boss lady bought me when I dropped my old cell phone off of a tall hanger onto concrete. But I still lost all my pics with the first iphone that I had not emailed to my computer when I bent over a motor and the phone fell into a solids grinder on a sewer plant. I did not recover even pieces much less any pictures. I was helping my son out by going by and checking the redundant side of the system because he was out of pocket.

I find I text lots of messages with the pics to sell equipment, guns, horses, goats or advertise a free grandchild for sale. I am no tech whiz, as I still can't download a book on the computer to my wife's I pad.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    This is a Tracphon. Trying to email them to myself, but I don't think I have a strong enough signal. I'll try when I get out of this canyon. I have the USB connection, but am not figuring out how to transfer. Now, where did I put that manual?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    On newer chargers, the cable is an USB cable. Unplug it from the charger and plug it into an open usb port in your desk top. You may have to change the phone setting to "USB mode"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    What phone? W/ iPhones if they aren't jailbroken you are stuck using iTunes or emailing them to yourself. Android devices are drag and drop for file management.
    Actually on mac you use I-photo. There is also a free program called Iphone explorer you can install and phone shows up as attached drive.
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Boolit Buddy
    On my tracphone a simple phone you can email them or get a Bluetooth adapter for the computer and send them over that way its a little usb adapter very low priced on ebay it doesn't take your minutes like emailing them but in general I try to use a digital camera for pics because its just so much simpler oh and googling your model and how to transfer pics will get you further than the owners manual