Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cool Toys

Boolit Buddy

We were not at all "well off" (Dad was USN enlisted man with wife and 3 kids). I remember really liking the erector set, it was made of several used sets and nuts/bolts from the hardware shop. And Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, cap guns, and trains my uncles had outgrown.. I had a lot of fun back then. I have the trains, but miss the erector set.
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

We had a bunch of those Ertle (spelling) tractors. The ones about 6"h and 7-8" long that you can steer.
    LOTS of implements for them. Had enough for 2 big farms that me and my brother would plat at all summer. Must have been 80 yards from one end to the other.

Or we cut machine guns out of boards and played war down by the creek. We had more booby traps and forts built along a 3/8 mile stretch of willow infested creek than ALL the war movies combined.

I guess we played with GIJoe some too.

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    Wow...talk about bringing back memories! I had the camera gun, and pretended I was "The man from U.N.C.L.E." Too Cool...THANX
    Now, whether I was Napoleon Solo or Illya Kuriyakin, I honestly don't remember. Good times though!
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

I drooled over the Heathkit catalogs... I was tinkering with electronics when I was 9
    Don't try to test the color TV HV with a string of CARBON resistors. They do sparkle a lot. After the galena radio I built the Ocean Hopper, 40W ham rig & VT-VM. Had some WWII headphones with the bare screws on the back - threw them across the basement when I brushed against the ground wire. Ouch. That O.H. could really pull in the S.W. stations. Not quite as good as the National or Hammerlaud.
    Whatever!

Moderator Emeritus

Now those old rigs fetch a lot of cash in working condition, restoring a Drake TR4 right now. Need to find an MS4 speaker to go with it. This one is a keeper for my radio desk.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Now those old rigs fetch a lot of cash in working condition, restoring a Drake TR4 right now. Need to find an MS4 speaker to go with it. This one is a keeper for my radio desk.
    I did a Drake 2B with speaker. Nice to see the red glow of tubes.
    Think you can, or think you can't. Either way your right.

Moderator Emeritus

Tube rigs have a sound that can't be beat, I am looking for one to restore for just a shortwave broadcast receiver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12