WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone actually like Paypal?

I'd rather take my chances sending cash than use PayPal. It's nice so many of you like it, but let's hear from those who've had bad experiences. I'm not going to give PP the chance to burn me.

Boolit Buddy
    Use cc, then paypal to send cash so I have two forms of protection. Also never leave any cash in my paypal account

About 18 months ago I had a credit card number get into the "public domain", to put it nicely. My BANK told me in a weak moment that THE SOURCE OF THE ID THEFT WAS PAYPAL. So much for their claims of greater security.

I of course changed my CC account. I've also been trying to CLOSE my Paypal account for over a year, and they refuse to do it. Once we was haz your data, we always haz your data.

Do I like Paypal? I'd rather have a root canal without anesthetic. Do I miss Paypal. Not in the least.

Paypal needs a thorough housecleaning, beginning with a Congressional investigation of evilBay's anti-competitive practices.
    Last edited by uscra112; 03-31-2014 at 12:20 PM.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    I signed up with them specifically to contribute to Cast Boolits. Now I'm getting their spam daily to my inbox. I keep un-checking the "receive promotional emails" box, then I keep getting spammed and the box mysteriously keeps getting checked again. I'm getting sick of them. I want to continue contributing to this site, but I don't think I'll be doing it through Paypal anymore. I think I'm going to cancel my account. Does anyone actually like Paypal? Is there a good reason NOT to cancel?
    Not only phising, but I'm sorry to say you committed a cardinal sin. Never ever ever respond to a spam email. By "unselecting" promotional email you told them that it's an active email that's regularly checked, so much so that you want to keep it spam free. What better place to send spam?
    The number of ways spammers glean emails is phenomenal. It certainly doesn't help if you have net unsavvy friends that enjoy regurgitating the standard email fodder to large groups of people. For the record, back in the day I put my own mother on my banned sender list.

A couple tips:
    Google has an online toolbox which includes a number of email tools. If you are so inclined you can copy and paste the header info into a google tool and determine where the spam is coming from. Narrow it down to a couple IPs and inform your internet service provider. They hate spam more than you do since it hogs their bandwidth. They'll shut it down temporarily until the spammer switches IPs.

If you haven't created an couple online email addresses with hotmail or yahoo, then get to it. I have an email address which I use exclusively for net usage. ie signing up with forums or purchases. Knowing full well blogs, webpages and forums are going to sell that email address or fail to protect it, I don't bother to ever check it. It's a dead end mail box. Every couple months I'll go and delete everything in the inbox.

Paypal is the number 1 target of phising spammers. Why? Because all you need to do is slip up once and they have your money. Few other services are so well regarded that your willing to whip out your credit card. Any time you wish to use any online service for shopping use a search engine to lead you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Buddy

I've used them for years with no problem. MUCH more convenient than going the postal money order route. It's hard to get to the post office during their hours, since I work. I like the fast payment it allows. I'm not fond of their politics, but one has to take the good along with the bad, sometimes.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by searcher4851 View Post
    I've used them for years with no problem. MUCH more convenient than going the postal money order route. It's hard to get to the post office during their hours, since I work. I like the fast payment it allows. I'm not fond of their politics, but one has to take the good along with the bad, sometimes.
    I have had no problem with them either. very convenient to use.

Banned
    I buy and sell with them. No more expensive than a commercial account most places. Not perfect, but not that bad. BTW, I see an awful lot of you cruising the molds on ebay. Some of the naysayers are paying with it as well, I would bet.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I have a separate checking acct. that is tied to a credit card with a limit as to whats in the checking acct. and no more, zip, nada, nothing.

We originally did this to have a way of paying for gas like a debit card, but my bank offers this other option, FREE BTW. We now use this same set up for pay pal, most amount in said acct is $150.00 bucks, while I wouldn't wish to loose $150 bucks, it will not change our eating habits one iota.

Rarely do we spend more than $150 bucks for gas in 1 month for 2 vehicles.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Very convenient. Never received spam from PayPal. However, I have received fraudulent emails claiming to be from PayPal saying the account was suspended/closed. If in doubt, just go to your account online. Only negative is their anti-gun stance.

Great for paying for stuff from overseas as well as local. No problems here.