Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone actually like Paypal?

Super Moderator

Does anyone actually like Paypal?

I signed up with them specifically to contribute to Cast Boolits. Now I'm getting their spam daily to my inbox. I keep un-checking the "receive promotional emails" box, then I keep getting spammed and the box mysteriously keeps getting checked again. I'm getting sick of them. I want to continue contributing to this site, but I don't think I'll be doing it through Paypal anymore. I think I'm going to cancel my account. Does anyone actually like Paypal? Is there a good reason NOT to cancel?

Thats odd.I have never got any spam from them,but I dont use it alot.

Boolit Master

I have used them for years. I don't get more than 1 email a month. That is the email telling me my monthly statement is ready to download.

It sounds like you have a real spam problem, not a Paypal problem.

Ditto the above. I get 1 email a month saying my online statement can be viewed.

That ain't Paypal sending you spam. Someone is phishing for your paypal info. I'd be careful. Type the paypal url manually every time you want to go there. If you are clicking a link embedded in a spam email, that might not be the Paypal site you are being sent to, no matter what it looks like.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    I Does anyone actually like Paypal? Is there a good reason NOT to cancel?
    It's the world's most loved-just ask them!
    I don't love it but I do find it convenient. Have used the buyer protection when an item was not as described. Of course they get their bite.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

As other have said, I have no problem with them at all, I use them for many purchases for years. Only thing is get from them is my monthly account info.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Never had a problem. As mentioned above, I only get an account statement once a month. dont like their stance on guns/gun parts but they are convenient.
    Last edited by robertbank; 03-30-2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Family site
    Vermont...First Republic...Fourteenth State

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"....Sigmund Freud

Bureaucracy,, taking the fun out of life one stupid rule at a time,,,,

Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, I like Paypal.
    besides the monthly statement notice, I do get a small amount of spam from them, about once a week, is my guess. Usually advertising some deal...typically a deal on something I recently bought. I think to myself...Hey I just bought that, why would I want to buy another one ? Now if they were to do that with Guns...that'd be OK
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned

I never receive any emails from PayPal. I find it to be useful and convenient. . In a perfect world there would be no companies like PayPal, but they are useful and convenient.
    Last edited by robertbank; 03-30-2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Language - You know better

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    Just the monthly statement like others above.
    But I'm thinking of going with GunPal
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

Banned
    I use to get spam saying there was a problem with my account. I don't have an account with them, It's my wife's.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

The ONLY times you should get an email from PayPal is when you either add to or withdraw from your account. All others are baited hooks. If you want to be sure about an email from PayPal, forward it to spoof@paypal.com They will answer back either confirming the email or thanking you for helping fight spam and phishing.

Boolit Master

I've never encountered a problem with them--used them for a long time, don't know how long. Never gotten spam from 'em either. As said in several above posts, a monthly statement email. Very convenient, very useful. A lot of "Big Box" stores such as Home Depot offer them.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bill* View Post
    Just the monthly statement like others above.
    But I'm thinking of going with GunPal
    I was one of the lucky ones GunPal only got $7 when they went to the dogs.
    PayPal (knock on wood) is great, but they are very expensive.

Boolit Master
    The only email I get from paypal is when I make a transaction.

Have had an account for about 15 years. rarely use them, don't like their anti gun views.

Had to use their so called "buyer protection" once. I had bought a computer chip off of ebay. When it arrived, it looked like it had been underwater and did not work. Salt corrosion on the pins and such. About a month later, I got about 40% back, with a note saying IF the guy put anymore in his account I would get more. never did.
    NRA life member

LB

In Remembrance
    A lot of retail sites give you the option of opening an account with them to make purchases, or just use your PayPal account.
    That helps to greatly reduce the number of useless 'accounts' you might have scattered around the internet ... opened for a one-time purchase.

I will use PayPal every time, if it is an available option ... and they NEVER send me spam.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Quote Originally Posted by lylejb View Post
    don't like their anti gun views.
    I bet they would if they had any idea of how many firearms related purchases we use them for.
    Last edited by robertbank; 03-30-2014 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Foul Language contractions are not acceptable

Boolit Master
    I will only use them when I have no other option. I do not like their views and do not want to give them money, but I will not hurt myself to hurt them.

Boolit Grand Master

Check again... I get a lot of phishing email from "e.paypal.com" but nothing from "paypal.com" except confirmations of my transactions.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pressonregardless View Post
    I bet they would if they had any idea of how many firearms related purchases we use them for.
    They are fully aware. Just as eBay is. They have loosened their policies up in the name of profit. I have no issues w/ them and it's the only form of payment I accept. I don't have time to deposit money orders at the bank. Nor do I want to wait to receive one. PayPal is instant and protects both parties. If you've ever had a dispute you will appreciate this protection. They got my $2,000 back in short order. As far as their fees being high. Open up a merchant services account and get back to me.
    Last edited by robertbank; 03-30-2014 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Just edited the quote for foul language contraction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast