Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: prelube before push through sizing

Boolit Master

The Lee case lube (not lla) works well. I put some on a cleaning patch and give a quick wipe to the first couple then every second boolit. It leaves so little residue behind that I don't bother to wipe it off after sizing.
    It does not affect subsequent applications of LLA.

Jack

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
    duct tape....... just because you cannot hold a jumbo-jet together in flight using it (aka wrong application).
    I used to work flight on the Citation X (The fastest business jet in the world)...and we would hold down external air pressure sensors with duct tape on the control surfaces during flight testing. So you might be able to told together a jumbo jet with that stuff.

Ed

Boolit Bub
    Just a follow up. I have a block of bullet lube for pan lubing . I rolled a bullet on it and sized it. Then the next 5 I ran dry. I then rolled another and so on and so on. After I tumble lubed some in 45/ 45/ 10 I would resize one and continue sizing 5 more. I noticed no difference between the wet recluse lube and the hard bullet lube. It went well. And my first use of 45/45/10 was less messy than lla

Hmm. Wd40 works fine for pushing through gas checked boolits for sizing, when i dont wanna lube them that day...or week. It aint causing my boolits to rust, and there is no leading of the sizing die...

Yeah, it's not a real 'lubricant' but it has its place. I do believe i picked up the habit from ranchdog's advice on lube procedures.

Lately, rem oil or similar has worked nicely for sizing gaschecked boolits. Just wipe em off, and let dry for a few days... If the lube wasnt sticking properly afterward, i think i would notice. Not that im an expert but i do have eyes and hands...

Quote Originally Posted by BABore View Post
    Homemade case lube made from 16 ozs of Iso-Heat (100% methyl-alcohol) and 2-3 tsp's of liquid lanolin purchased from hippie health food store applied with a small pump-spray bottle from a beauty shop supply.
    I do the similar job with lanolin however I use a commercial lanolin product here in Australia called Lanox.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71494_inox_lanox_mx-4_lubricant_aerosol_spray_heavy_300g.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	101091
    I figure there is lanolin in my pan lube so a little when I size is not going to be here or there. Great case lube too.
    I only do this if I need to heat treat, to avoid sizing after heat treating. If heat treating then: cast>GC>thin spray Lanox>size>heattreat>pan lube>age>load

If Air Cooled only: cast>GC>pan lube>size>age>load
    ars longa, vita brevis

Boolit Grand Master
    Usually just mineral spirits. I have used case lube, and alox cut very, very thin with mineral spirits.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Haven't seen my method, which is no lube at all. Usually size my boolits so close to as cast diameter that I don't need lube. Then 1 coat of 45-45-10, then shoot.