Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would You Like To See A "Growin' Things" Gardening Sub Forum? Here's How..

Boolit Master
    I vote yes, right next door to the cookin section.

A gardening section would be nice.
    " A politician is the lowest form of life on earth. A liberal Democrat is the lowest form of politician" George S Patton

The dead don't know they are dead. It only affects those around them.
    It's the same with stupid.

Love Life
    I don't see why it's a bad idea. At least it would have dynamic subjects. To clarify: I vote yes.

Moderator Emeritus

You are all being heard. This thread has been brought to the attention of the powers that be.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Love Life
    Cool!! I like to grow stuff. Not only vegetables but flowers and stuff for the ladies in my life.

Boolit Master

Another yes here, just not hidden in the "Outdoorsman" section.
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Boolit Master

My vote is yes. I enjoy the garden talk. It's another place to connect with like minded folks and talk things over. Just like "the pit" - If you don't want to go there, then don't.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    I would like to see it and would use it, but it seems off topic for this forum.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    So, we debated for months about a .22 and powder coat area. I can't believe this is even being debated here.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    My vote is yes. I enjoy the garden talk. It's another place to connect with like minded folks and talk things over. Just like "the pit" - If you don't want to go there, then don't.
    Very well said..

Quote Originally Posted by texassako View Post
    I would like to see it and would use it, but it seems off topic for this forum.
    A lot of the people that use this forum are very smart, highly diverse, and very interested in things like casting, hunting, reloading, gunsmithing, and you can tell that they are VERY dedicated to their craft, some to an intense level of perfection and precision. People that have this upper intelligence are often very spread out in the things they like and understand, so it's like square butte said, a place to connect with like minded folks and talk things over. It would appear at first that forums like The Pit, Humor & Off Topic wouldn't have anything in common with casting boolits either, but given the mindset of people like us, it fits in with our many diversities and our own individual qualities. It's from that area that a lot of good sharing goes on here, so to me, forums like Cookin' Recipe's goes right along with hunting and eating wild game, or just posting a favorite recipe that you think others might like also. Same with gardening. Lots of hunters like eating what they kill, and they like growing their own veggies and herbs to cook it with so it may be off topic for the boolit casting purpose, but some of this off topicness fits in quite well with the people that cast boolits.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey45 View Post
    That's the whole issue is us getting cluttered with sub forums, especially sub forums that are not related to cast boolits or handloading. I lobbied for YEARS for a rimfire area, we finally got it and it's not exactly thriving, but it's not stagnating either. I also lobbied for The Chapel and got little resistance to it, that one was easy.
    I agree with the waksupi, the gardening forum would see little use during the year, maybe a few weeks in spring and a few weeks in fall would see the lions share of usage, with smatterings here and there of how does your garden grow shots during the growing season. As bullshop junior illustrated, not everyone even knows about the outdoorsman section, which in my opinion would be the place for the gardening sub forum. I still like the idea of a gardening sub forum, but for as little use as it would get, is it really worth it? Especially when gardening topics have in the past been posted in both the cooking section, and our town.
    I have been here for long enough to know about the outdoorsman forum, but was making the point that its so rarely used, no one ever heard of it.

I vote No on the gardening forum. There are other forums gardening can be discussed in. I think it would just add to the spider web of sub forums, rarely get used, and just cost the side more space.

Boolit Grand Master

One of the reasons that some of the forums don't get used is because there are to many of them. I routinely forget that certain ones exist.

In Remembrance
    I don't care which way it goes.
    I can ignore the new section just as easily as the other 39 subforums on this site that I already skip over.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Seams to me that gardening is an outdoor activity just like trapping or fishing so the outdoor forum is the place it should go. If you care about it you will go there which is not hard since the link right below Our Town is to the Outdoors.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

In Remembrance

We already do a lot of discussing gardens and plants. Why not put it in a section of it's own. Yes.

Boolit Master
    I vote yes, I would prefer it to politics. If it stagnates than get rid of it.
    jim

Boolit Master
    I vote yes. Living down south, I grow things all year long, so no so seanal for me. I imagine folks with greenhouses are the same way.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    I don't care which way it goes.
    I can ignore the new section just as easily as the other 39 subforums on this site that I already skip over.

CM
    And that's how easy it is. If it's not of interest, just don't go there, Charlie has it figured out.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Big Bore View Post
    I vote yes, right next door to the cookin section.
    I agree.....I think it's a great idea.

Sooner or later its got to stop snowing!!
    If God had intended us to not eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of meat."

John Cleese

Perma-Banned

I vote yes, and you already have my PM. As to the nay-sayers, Really, you would not be able to ignore a sub-forum about something that you have no interest in? As to seasonal, what about greenhouses, solar rooms, getting an early start on seedlings, etc. etc. I have been trying to grow tobacco on a few occasions, and am having basically no success. Why go to another site when there are people here with all the info I could probably ever need. Do we need a sub-fourm for everything? No. But reloading and casting is a life style, one part of which leads to self-sufficiency. Self-sufficiency means being able to feed yourself as well as protect yourself.

OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!