Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Pull down powder manual

Boolit Mold

Pull down powder manual

Does anyone know where I can get a manual not only to cross over loads to factory powder but maybe even give loads. I prefer to have a manual in stead of getting this info.off the web?

Boolit Master
    there is not much data for pull down powders, there is some listed about in'stickied' threads,, so you will have to do some detective work and you will have to work up loads. Now this website is probably one of the best resources for these powders because so many user's have work with these powders.

Boolit Buddy

You will not find a manual for pull down because of the lot to lot variations. Some of the various suppliers of pull down powders have also used the same names for completely different powders in burn rate. You will need to work up your own data for your particular cartridge and watch for pressure signs. If you switch lots start over again.

Mario
    dagunnut

Boolit Master

Hellacatcher this link might help you http://castpics.net/LoadData/Surplus/default.html. The data was compiled by some of the earliest and trusted members of this site that go all the way back to the "Shooters forum back in the 1990's. It can be trusted. Keep in mind the usual suggestions of prudent reloading, start low and work up. It's by no means complete but is probably the closest you will get to a "list"...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Boolit Master

Sometimes Pulldown or Milsurp powders are just not right all reloaders.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master

To have a "manual" would imply certainty of information. "Engrave in stone" as it were. Because of the inconsistancys and variation in the burn rates the data must be up to the user. Do your own leg work and follow the rules. "Start low and work up."
    Pepe Ray
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Boolit Mold
    I understand what most are saying, yes I do start low. I didn't really think there would be something to of a reload manual but had some of a little hope. I would like to come up with something to tell me what a cross over to be. Guess I will have to keep asking the people the powder comes from. Just like to have a idea on the start of something.
    Thinks for all the replies.

Boolit Master
    maybe sell the milsurp powder to people here and use the funds to purchase factory powders

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 9w1911 View Post
    maybe sell the milsurp powder to people here and use the funds to purchase factory powders
    NO,NO,NO I can use the powder it is not like I haven't. Just looking for a little more knowledge.

Moderator Emeritus

A chrony is your friend. If your boolits are doing strange things per the chrony it is time to reassess.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Bub
    Let us know what powders you have and what you want to use it for, and maybe someone can offer some starting information. However, as stated, it's absolutely necessary to work up a load for each different lot number of powder you might have. There can be some significant differences between different lots of the same powder. This stuff can be good but it's not at all like canister powders.

Boolit Grand Master
    Jeff Bartlett http://www.gibrass.com/ may or may not be a resource. He has helped me in the past when surplus and pull-down powders were readily available and seemingly endless. The glorey days of pull-down powders are behind us.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master

Jeff has more data than posted on the site. In the past I had oddball guestions. He was very helpful.