Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need ideas for Bullet Sizer Die storage

Boolit Master

Need ideas for Bullet Sizer Die storage

Has anyone come up with a good idea to store and organize their bullet sizer dies?

One suggestion was a plastic box with dividers in it, usually in Depaertment store fishing equiptment area, I know WalMart has some. Another was pill bottles, film containers, and the little plastic bottle that glucose test strips come in. I have half a dozen or so of the latter, anyone willing to pay postage can have them.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    The plastic boxes to hold 25-12 gauge shotshells work fine, but i'm useing at least two of them now.

Boolit Grand Master
    The sewing/hobby area at Wal*Mart has plastic organizers that will hold about 32 dies and are clear. I write the die diameter on the outside of the lid and the bottom of each compartment. They cost about $2.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

On Heaven's Range

My sizing dies are kept in pill bottles from the pharmacist. They're dust-proof and pretty-much airtight, too. The ones I use are 1" diameter x 2.5" long, and work perfectly. I installed a six-foot-long 1x4 plank on top of the hanging eight-foot fluorescent fixture above the bench, with 1" holes bored all along its length for the pill bottles.

With each bottle clearly labeled for its die size with a label-maker, and stored in ascending order of size from left to right, it's a only a matter of a second to select the required die.

Also, keeping them on top of the warm light fixture ensures the lube stays malleable for easy installation.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

I use 35 mm film canisters with a piece of masking tape as a label

Boolit Master
    I use mtn 12 gauge ammo box with stacable trays. The box holds three trays and each tray about 50 dies.
    BIC/BS

Boolit Buddy
    I used to use film cannisters but I like to store the top punches with the die, so the film cannsters were lacking in room. I use pill bottles now.

Boolit Master

I found an organizer at Home Depot that comes in the form of a suitcase. When stood up, either side will flop down. Each side is about 4" deep. The sizers stand on end so that they're easily accessible. Made either by, or for Stanley. I've got all kinds of junk stored in it now, and still have room for more.

Is this it? Several to choose from here: http://www.google.com/products?q=sta...S228US233&um=1
    Last edited by Scrounger; 01-18-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Boolit Master

Funny, I was looking at this shotgun shell plastic box and wondering what I should do with it. Just redid my sizers stand and needed a place for the sizers too. This place is so handy!

I but the Lee three die box for I can keep 4 of the Lee size dies in it.

Tim

Boolit Master

I found some stackable containers at a Ben Franklin store that hold 4-5+, and was thinking this might be just the ticket.... one for each caliber.

Doug

Boolit Master

MTM 12 gauge shotshell box.
    Chuck

I use medicine bottles. The local pharmicist gave me all I wanted for 10 cents each.
    Don't get the child proof caps.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 94Doug View Post
    I found some stackable containers at a Ben Franklin store that hold 4-5+, and was thinking this might be just the ticket.... one for each caliber.

Doug

Now, Ben Franklin stores takes me back. Haven't had one around these parts in decades. One of my favorite places to go when I was a kid. I didn't even know they still existed. Anyway, pardon me for getting off topic to stroll down memory lane.

Keith

Boolit Master

Hey Scrounger

Go back to the link you provided and go eight items down, item 14166R I believe. Double sided organiser. That's what I have. It does have its drawbacks. It's big, bulky and if you want to open both sides at the same time you need to clear the workbench off or set it in the middle of the floor. If filled to max capacity with heavy items you'd need a back brace. It does hold a lot of stuff though.

Boolit Master

I just tried out the holder from (yes) the Ben Franklin Store. It seems perfect. I would suspect they could be found at either a hobby shop or craft store anywhere, they are made by Darice Company, (they have a web site, there are variations on the amount of compartments #2505-12) this one has 5 compartments, plus one above those 5 that runs the full lenth of the box. They are 3 1/2 X 6" and are made to stack. Like I said, I will pretty much have one for each caliber I cast for, with all the options used in one box.

Doug
    Last edited by 94Doug; 01-01-2008 at 12:51 PM. Reason: part number added

Boolit Master
    My storage is one of those blue metal and plastic cabinets with the handle on them that has a bunch of clear plastic drawers in it. Sometimes they come filled with screws, nuts and washers, sometimes they are empty. You can get at least five dies in each drawer (more if they are out of the tube, which in my experience does not last very long) which means you can have all your .22's, .25's, .30s, .32s, .35s, .40s and .45s in separate drawers. There are enough extra drawers for top punches, lock rings for loading dies, dummy cartridges for length gauges, and other stuff.

I store the sizing dies with bullet grease attached, and have never had any rusting problems.

Boolit Master

What a lot of great ideas. You would think I could have come up with just one of them on my own. That is what is so great about you all here. You have a lot of great ideas. I really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast