RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuckable IWB Holster Recommendations?

Boolit Grand Master

I have the Galco tuckables with the Y clip horsehide, 11* forward rake. tuckable. Very comfortable and concealable. Only drawback I have forund is the Y clip is set up for 1 1/14" belt only

Boolit Master

i saw a few posts for Foxx Holsters so i got one off ebay $30 shipped had it for about a week or so i like it
    fits my XDm like a glove
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Banned

crossbreads are hands down the most comfortable iwb holsters for ccw
    Quote Originally Posted by TCFAN View Post
    I use Crossbreed for a SP101. A very comfortable holster. A few days ago I ordered another similar holster from these guys http://aliengearholsters.com/ Can't say how good the holsters are that they make as I have not received mine yet but the price is right...........Terry

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by HiVelocity View Post
    Www.pjholster.com

Most comfortable holster. Wearing mine everyday.

HV
    I too am looking for an IWB/ITP holster with a forward rake that sits the gun low in the waistband, and so far one ebay holster and the pjholsters have been the only ones I have seen that ride real low. The price is better than most, I'm just not sure I want kydex as opposed to leather.

Stole this pic from auction, this is real simple, pretty much all I need since I carry daily now just in jeans with no belt, but no forward rake.

This is what I would LIKE to have, excuse the amateurish photo editing but it makes the point..

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Vendor Sponsor

Think I found exactly what I am looking for if they can make it ride about 1/2" lower:

https://blackhillsleather.com/inside...holster-2.html

Edit: Got an email within an hour of contacting them, they said:

"Hello Doug,
    Yes, I can make this BH71 holster to ride deeper, Place your order.
    Thank You,
    Rudy Lozano
    Black Hills Leather"

Not bad, they will get my order soon, I will enclose a pic of the gun carried in jeans so they can see exactly where it needs to ride. I think $49 unlined, maybe $59 with the custom request.
    Last edited by DougGuy; 04-17-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

First report: I went with a Foxx Hybrid with the low profile kydex clips and comfort pad. Carry gun is a Kimber Ultra+ CDP II in .45 acp. I have worn it all day (first day) in a pair of khakis and a tucked dress shirt. Putting it on this morning was a little hassle, but I think that will get better once I get more accustomed to it. Reholstering is easy. It is probably at least as comfortable as most OWB holsters I have owned. I adjusted it one hole to cant forward a little more. I was in the office all day, plus about an hour driving. No problems, and very comfortable driving with the canted position. I have one little sharp spot on the corner of my after market grips which I need to polish down a bit to protect my delicate love handles. I found myself double checking several times today to make sure my shirt hadn't come untucked over the holster, again something I should get used to. My secretary was with me all day and did not notice it until I pointed it out specifically for her. I think I'm happy. I'll report again after I've worn it every day for a couple weeks. Thanks for all the advice.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Boolit Master
    I know you already got yours, and from what I have seen they're a good choice, but for anyone else, I like WRB ( http://wrbsales.com/products/104-in-...-tuckable.aspx ), and have several of their "Pretender" line, which is a tuckable which uses a cell-phone case (which they provide) to hide the clip.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12