Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hunting with the 303 british

I want to hunt with my SMLE now! I love the 303!

I would like to hear the details/story of that camel!

Boolit Master
    Yep the Enfeild is a swell piece of swag.IF I had known back in 1964 what I know NOW,I could have bought 6 of them for $60.00.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Boolit Master

This thread enabled me to acquire another Enfield today. I should mention that I was shooting some cast in my 1950 Longbranch earlier this morning and thoroughly enjoyed myself...so was in an Enfield mood. Anyway, I dropped by the local pawn just browsing and they really didn't have any projects that interested me to much...BUT i did notice an SMLE at a decent price. After a good bit of old fashion fun haggling I walked out with her. Someone had put an aftermarket butt stock on it and worked the forend a bit...decent work if not great. Featured an S&K no drill scope mount and an old Japanese tasco. Funny that someone did this work and never properly removed the cosmoline which had dried to a thin black crust on the rifle...she is currently completely dissembled and the metal is soaking in some diesel as i type. Rifling is good, not outstanding, but not bad either for a 1941 rifle - have seen much much worse. Was an Australian issues from all the seven pointed stars on her i do believe. I got a decent price on it and think i will simply clean her from head to toe and try out some cast and she how she shoots. She will go on the list for a complete makeover but I'm in absolutely no hurry. She will make a fine hunting rifle as is!

Last edited by Kevinakaq; 08-29-2014 at 07:00 PM.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    Accent? *I* have an ACCENT????

Can't be..... I sound perfectly normal to me.

One thing I did have to do on arrival in the US of A was consciously NOT say "eh" at the end of every clause: "So there we were, eh? And then them girls came around the corner, eh? Of course we walked over to talk to them, eh?" .....and so on. NOT an exaggeration!

Instead, I cultivated the habit of substituting "huh" in many places where previously I would have said "eh". I thought it worked.

And now ammohead tells me that I STILL have an accent...... I am appalled.
    Ok so u say your not Canadian but you own 3 lee endfields as a Canadian gun nut I don’t think your I’m not Canadian claim holds much beer any way the lee 312-185-1R at around 1800fps is devastating on the black tails in my area a friend with my gun hit a 4 pointer(I’m Canadian so we only count one side) in the face just below the eye it passed clean through and down the neck about a foot befor it stopped killing it instantly and a 2 pointer in the shoulder it smashed through the leg bone and shoulder blade taking the bone fragments with it and shredded the Heart and lungs it only ran about 30’ the crumpled on the ground took 2 more to the head to finish

Castoutlaw. Bruce B is on heaven's range now. Served with the Pats. Lived in the NWT. One of this forums "good guys". He is sorely missed. You will run across his posts if you hang here. He posted with wisdom. Our country was the benefactor with his presence. RIP BruceB

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234