RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Matching MagPul Foliage Green

Boolit Master

Matching MagPul Foliage Green

Matching MagPul Foliage Green

I picked up some spray paint the other day and finally got some time to bead blast and throw some paint on a couple of Orlite mags. The furniture is all Mag Pull foliage green. But it seems that the pistol grip is a shade lighter. Comparing the mag to the AFG and butt-stock it's pretty darn close.

Not perfect, but good enough for me.

Perfection isn't in the Human equation - I'd say it looks good.

And I have seen plastic's from different lot's that are supposed to be the same color that ain't
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    If those are Israeli "Orlite" mags give them a good cleaning indside and out.I've completely stripped them and literally had to use a toohbrush to clean out the sand and debris,cleaning the outside prior to painting gets off all the oil and greases prior to painting. And don't forget to take a patch with your favorite oil and whipe down the magazing springs. Frank

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank46 View Post
    If those are Israeli "Orlite" mags give them a good cleaning indside and out.I've completely stripped them and literally had to use a toohbrush to clean out the sand and debris,cleaning the outside prior to painting gets off all the oil and greases prior to painting. And don't forget to take a patch with your favorite oil and whipe down the magazing springs. Frank
    Very good advice. I've been fortunate to have picked up a couple of dozen unissued orlites with the rib intact. I modify the rib to work with the new spec receivers yet still remain functional as intended. Here's a pic showing an unmodified mag with one that I modified.

Boolit Master
    Back when they had the awb and mags were hard to get I managed to get a few. Most if not all were loaded with sand. Stripped them down and like I said had at them with a toothbrush. They fit and work great in my hbar. Anything about the newer receivers that would have you modify the mags. I can see where the rib has been slimmed down. Frank

Vendor Sponsor

Wow a big light just went on here at Randy's house!

I once had a Bushmaster AR which I got from a doctor a few years ago. It was technically an UN- registered Assault Weapon here in CA and he desperately wanted to get rid of it as he feared the police would be at his door any day looking for it. I got it and replaced the lower receiver with one registered to me and then sold the gun in Nevada which meant all my efforts to become legal were wasted since I could have sold it in Nevada the way it was and saved the $200.

Another pointless attempt to comply with idiotic laws conceived by idiots to stifle the law abiding people and let criminals have a pass.

Anyway the gun came with 6 of these mags. I sold it with one. I saw that they were made in Israel but never thought about them beyond that. I still have them and they are definitely Pre Ban and perfectly legal to own here!

LA1A: you could always paint the pistol grip to match? and I also noticed the Vortex spare battery holder on the fore-end. Very cool gun.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 03-23-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com