Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Sears Ted Williams Model 100 30-30 Mold Help

Boolit Grand Master

Sears Ted Williams Model 100 30-30 Mold Help

I just found one in good shape at a good price so bought it. Now the mold question. I know I have to slug it first but my question is not specifically on a mold but a boolit profile as this will be the first rifle I have cast for.

What would be a good first boolit for this? I will be starting as target only and would prefer to use it as non-gc. I was thinking of right around 150gr to 160gr.

I've read the number of threads on 30-30 here but am interested in what someone would have to say for this firearm if someone has one or given my target only use at this time what the answer might be.

Thanks
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I just found one in good shape at a good price so bought it. Now the mold question. I know I have to slug it first but my question is not specifically on a mold but a boolit profile as this will be the first rifle I have cast for.

What would be a good first boolit for this? I will be starting as target only and would prefer to use it as non-gc. I was thinking of right around 150gr to 160gr.

I've read the number of threads on 30-30 here but am interested in what someone would have to say for this firearm if someone has one or given my target only use at this time what the answer might be.

Thanks
    My FIL gave me one, in turn I gave it to my son. I put a Williams Fool Proof peep sight on it and have only used the 311041 with H335. Very good results with it, velocity is 1860 fps, accuracy is very good. Have not used plain base. Good rifle, really just a plain Jane M94.

Boolit Master
    I have a sears md# 54. The Ted Williams md# 100 and the md# 54 were made by Winchester. IIRC they are the same guns as the Winchester 94 (which you may already know). So I would guess that may expand any mold research.

I am interested in seeing the responses as well because honestly my gun is less accurate than a sling shot. I admit I have not fooled too much with it and it is most likely just my gun. I joke everytime I shoot it that I think the barrel is bent.

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, i found out it was a 94 copy and i plan on using unique at first because i have a bunch of it. I was hoping someone mite have one and cast for it.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

I own a Ted William Model 100 in 30-30 and I use Lyman's 170gr 311291 RN mold checked and sized at .311 and it shoots 3MOA with 8gr of Unique but I really haven't done much work with it in the last few years. It's accurate enough for a brush gun but I probably should bring it out of the safe again for some more work.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master
    I have the NOE copy of the ranch dog 165 in a 4 cavity (2 GC and 2 plain base). I shot some non gas checked with 10 gr of unique. Accuracy was poor but then again that is typical with this particular gun (like 6”- 8” at 50 yards). They were going right around 1400 fps IIRC. I don't recall if I tried any in my Marlin or not.

Boolit Master
    Probably should have mentioned those were basically unsized (did run them through a .312 die which barley touched if at all) I did not have a .311 at the time. They did have a very small resistance to chamber at that that size (not excessive but more than I typically like) I have not tried any since I opened my Lee .309 up to about .3105.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by turmech View Post
    I have the NOE copy of the ranch dog 165 in a 4 cavity (2 GC and 2 plain base). I shot some non gas checked with 10 gr of unique. Accuracy was poor but then again that is typical with this particular gun (like 6”- 8” at 50 yards). They were going right around 1400 fps IIRC. I don't recall if I tried any in my Marlin or not.
    RD NOE molds works well in my TW100 (Win'94-in-disguise) both 150 & 175 FNs behind Rx7