Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Hi-Tek Supercoat Powder

Hi guys I see that Gateway bullets do not post internationally, would anyone be willing to forward a 7oz packet to me?

Boolit Master

I thought this stuff came from your side of the world in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximumbob54 View Post
    I thought this stuff came from your side of the world in the first place?
    It does, but no one is selling it retail here in powder form yet!

ADMIN

7 oz is really two jars.
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by HATCH View Post
    7 oz is really two jars.
    You are correct grasshopper! I did that for a reason as I am going to offer a variety pack of sorts or rather a mix and match.
    Gatewaybullets.com

Love Life
    1tbs powder to 6 tbs acetone has worked very well for me giving me nice even and good looking coverage. I coat a bit thick as I like pretty boolits. I throw 3 handfuls in the coffee, add 5ml of coating mixture, shake for about 20 seconds, and dump. You can add a higher acetone ratio if you want to thin it out even more.

I have a whole bunch of pictures of 1st coats, 2nd coats, coloring at different bake time up to 24 minutes, and about 200 targets used during testing against the 3 part liquid. If anybody is interested in the info, let me know and I'll PM it to you.

ADMIN

Love life, do you do the same 20 secs on the second coat as well?
    Your ratio is basically 1tbs to 100ml. Which is the same as mine.
    You may use more coating per batch then I do or Gateway or recommends but if the end product is the same......
    I have come to the conclusion that there are several ways we can coat boolits using the powder version.
    Next time when I coat I will run a 1/2 batch of solution. 1.5 tbs to 50ml which is what gateway recommends.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    1tbs powder to 6 tbs acetone has worked very well for me giving me nice even and good looking coverage. I coat a bit thick as I like pretty boolits. I throw 3 handfuls in the coffee, add 5ml of coating mixture, shake for about 20 seconds, and dump. You can add a higher acetone ratio if you want to thin it out even more.

I have a whole bunch of pictures of 1st coats, 2nd coats, coloring at different bake time up to 24 minutes, and about 200 targets used during testing against the 3 part liquid. If anybody is interested in the info, let me know and I'll PM it to you.
    Just received my powder and i am very interested in information about coating process using powder version...Today was my first attempt but i didnt get god result.Any tip is more than welcome..Thank you Love Life...

I just ordered some Black 1035. I am glad that the powdered version is available now, it makes shipping to Alaska a lot less complicated!!

I would very much appreciate a PM with the info.

Thanks much
    Bob

Love Life
    I'm getting all the results together in one spot and will PM everybody when available. It is not to be reposted as it is my original work.

Thank you.

You can really play with this powder. I coated with a 1:4, 1:5, 1:6, and 1:7 ratio. They all worked, but you could definitely see it was very thick at the 1:4 ratio. All ratios were baked to the same times and all worked as they were supposed to.

I grab 3 handfuls, maybe about 2-3 lbs, toss them in a coffee can, tilt the can so the boolits are all together in a pile, throw 5ml of mixture on the boolits and shake for 20 seconds-ish. I'm not very scientific on my shake time, but 20- 30 seconds is a bout legit. I do get leftover mixture (a small amount) left in my tumbling jug, but I really don't care since my boolits look so nice.

I mix in a plastic cup, and I stir the mixture together until it is well incorporated with a glas stirring rod. I use a vet syringe to suck out my 5 ml and apply to my boolits. I could get away with less than 5 ml, but my boolits look nice...

I have also baked from 380 degrees to 425 degrees to the same times and the coating held up just fine.

ADMIN

Syringe is kinda over kill. I just mix it in a old hair shampoo bottle. The just drizzle some out. I am gonna coat some 12ga Lee slugs this weekend.

Well, after 3 days of playing with HiTek i just want to share my experience with the HiTEK beginners ,like me..
    There is nothing SIMPLE with Hitek.It is very precise procedure.One mistake and it is fail..Be patient. Follow instructions.
    It will pay of at the end..I find this to be most cheap way to coat or lube bullets. With 1 kilo of powder and 5 liters of acetone you can have over 80 000 coated 9 mm 135 grain bullets using 20 grams to 100 mil of mix,and a 1 mil of coating to 1 lbg of bullets(50 pcs of 138 grainers)..Traditional lube i was buying before cost me much more than HiTek plus there is much more mess (i pan lube).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0661.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	110447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0659.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	110448
    Last edited by Balta; 07-12-2014 at 03:58 PM. Reason: i put to many same pics=)

Got my Red Copper last Friday. Definately alot cleaner and easier to mix than the two part liquid. I had gotten some of the black from Donny about a year ago.... like it fine.... it does a good job.... but this powder is much simpler to mix.... especially in smaller batches. I did about 700 or so of some 125 hp's in 9mm. Turned out very nice. I want to try to get to the range sometime this week just to see how they shoot. Im sure they'll shoot every bit as good as the black.

Quick question. I've never been one to try to fix problems that don't exist in the first place. I'm happy with my handgun rounds. I have an AR that keeps yelling for more ammo. Will the HiTek coating allow me to drive cast at jacketed velocities? Will I need gas checks? Or, do I just keep buying FMJ's?

ADMIN

Get the 1035 and you will be fine without gas checks

Great to hear, thanks.

Boolit Man
    That sounds like good info. Are you still using it?
    TY,
    PT

Boolit Bub
    I use Hy- Tec coating have been for a while works great! When you mix it do 20 grams of powder to 100ML of acetone mix it up good. I usually mix it the day before I use it then put one ML of mix for every pound of bullets.

Here is a youtube link that will tell you how to use it very good info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6MoF8u4rHk

Boolit Mold
    Im interested

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678