Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: NOE 5 cav 225107 37gr

Boolit Master

NOE 5 cav 225107 37gr

My first NOE mold, purchased here new from a member. Its a 5 cav 22 caliber, 37gr mold, just perfect for my 22 Hornet.

Started using it this morning, made a pile of 22 caliber boolits in a hurry, I'm loving this mold! Made over 200 boolits in less than 15 minutes.

Like I said, it's my first ever NOE mold, but after using this one, I can say it won't be my last.

Boolit Buddy
    I have the same mold from NOE.
    This is the first 22 caliber mold I bought and all I had heard is how difficult it is to cast 22 caliber. I cleaned it up, heated it up on the hotplate and cast several hundred the first time out with it.
    I had about 20% rejects the first time but the second time they were down to about 5% and they were all within .2 gr. It does need to be cast warner than I usually do cast but only to about 725.
    With the five cavity you get a lot of boolits in a very short time. I love it since I tend to not like to cast for hours on end.

NOE molds just work!

Tom

Very accurate in the .22 Hornet!

Eutectic

glad you're liking it.
    I'm just the welder, go ask him>

Boolit Master
    I am considering one of these for my Hornet. Not sure if I want PB or GC. Any suggestions? I would also be using it in a 22 WCF.
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Buddy
    Depends on what you want to do with them Strawhat. I have a 10cav that produces 5GC and 5PB. The PB hasn't seen much use but I have loaded them in a .223 with a little bullseye and a pistol primer for a quiet back yard load. If you want to ramp up the speed I would go with the GC.

Quote Originally Posted by Eutectic View Post
    Very accurate in the .22 Hornet!

Eutectic
    Euan had sent me some NOE 225107 bullets to try in the Zastava Hornet I bought for my daughter. Some are COWW with commercial Cu gas checks and some are 50/50 COWW and soft lead with 2 ply soda can gas checks. I loaded up some of the former over 7.0, 7.5 and 8.0gr of Lil Gun lit by a WSR primer and tested them at 50m. The 7.0gr cut one hole while the 7.5gr load threw a couple sideways and put the rest in the 7.0gr group. 8.0gr not so very good. Staggering results really and the softer aluminium gas checked bullets shot only very slightly bigger. Velocity for the 7.0gr load is 2250fps should be a great 100m rabbit load for the wee girl.

Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.