Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee 44 Molds/Boolits

Go to all the places you're considering and put the items in your "cart" before making a decision. Some companies make their sales by advertising low prices and then charging high shipping. Compare carts with shipping included.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    Go to all the places you're considering and put the items in your "cart" before making a decision. Some companies make their sales by advertising low prices and then charging high shipping. Compare carts with shipping included.
    +1

I do this frequently with Cheaper Than Dirt and Midway. Midway often ends up less $$$ because of lower shipping/handling fees even though CTD's list price is less than Midway.

Boolit Master
    Titian reloading and FS reloading are both in Hartford Wi. Just on the opposite sides of town.
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Titan relaoding is as cheap and very fast shipping aswell as they are also a sponsor on this site I use them.

Quote Originally Posted by vernb View Post
    Titan always seems to be cheaper than ebay
    EVERYBODY is cheaper than ebay, even midway usa with their over inflated shipping charges.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

I have been using the Lee 214 since 1975 in .44 Russian, Special and Magnum. Even feeds through the 1894 Marlin lever action rifle. Is easier on the lead supply.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 45fan View Post
    EVERYBODY is cheaper than ebay, even midway usa with their over inflated shipping charges.
    Please take this as a polite challenge. Not necessarily that everybody is cheaper than Ebay. Occasionally but unfortunately not as often the past few years. If it is a fairly common mold there might be several posted and ending about the same time. Competition sometimes and I emphasize "sometimes" will drive the prices and opening bid down.

There are several Ebay sellers that are legitimate dealers of Lee products that have some reasonable buy-it-now prices on all Lee products. There is a married couple in particular whose Ebay name I don't recall. They run their part-time business out of their garage that does or at least a year ago. Had the lowest prices I could find anywhere on the net on Lee products they had in stock. If I can recall their name I'll edit it in. In an email exchange with the wife. She told me their molds usually sell the same day as posted. She claimed she could not take special orders. At the time she claimed they were lucky to receive 30% of what they ordered.

In summary, if you're a cheapskate like me. I check as many sources as possible for the best price, Ebay being among them. I am a bit hesitate buying used iron molds on Ebay. Ignorant sellers with no knowledge of bullet casting. Think they are doing the buyer a favor by wire brushing or other methods such as an acid dip cleaning up or removing oxidation from a mold so it will photograph well.

I got burned big time by an unscrupulous creep on a Lyman mold. He some how removed the rust and it appeared that he used gun bluing or black oxide to bring the color back. It looked good in the pictures and despite his "as is" I took the risk. I got a mold with heavily pitted cavities. Since then I message the seller asking for close-ups of the cavities. If I get an excuse instead of pictures I simply wont buy or bid.

EDIT: This is a picture of the casting the new looking mold dropped. The mold was touched up and photographed to look in excellent condition.

I already know that is not a gas check base as I was advised a few years ago. Darrel's Gator checks snap right in place and it turned the sick looking casting into a boolit. I've since discovered the pits really soak up Lee goo and it shoots as almost as well without as it does with a gas check.
    Last edited by azrednek; 03-14-2014 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar errors

Boolit Mold

+1 for FSReloading
    Have ordered several molds and pot from them recently in several orders (yes I am infected and the disease is worsening) Fast and reasonable shipping, backordered items are shipped later, no additional shipping
    Lee six cavity molds are $32.97

https://fsreloading.com/lee-6-cavity-molds/

I have been pleased

Larrupin

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by larrupin View Post
    +1 for FSReloading
    Have ordered several molds and pot from them recently in several orders (yes I am infected and the disease is worsening) Fast and reasonable shipping, backordered items are shipped later, no additional shipping
    Lee six cavity molds are $32.97

https://fsreloading.com/lee-6-cavity-molds/

I have been pleased

Larrupin
    Didn't know you could order "pot" from them. Do they include a free pipe or do you roll your own?? Sorry Larrupin I couldn't resist taking advantage of the typo.

Boolit Master
    Besides the 120 & 208 WCs I also have the 255 SWC, 180 RN and 215 SWC/HP single cavity, and a couple of the 215 SWC double cavity 44s. Back when I bought all these single cavity molds, I was loading everything on a single station press; a Star was out of reach and Dillons were just coming out and casting was fun and I was raising a houseful of boys on Deputy pay, so it was single cavity Lees or nothing. Lyman doubles were out of reach and any other brand pure fantasy. I never got the 255 to work out of a short 44 but the SBH shot it fairly well. I used to stack two of the 120s in a magnum case for fun. At one time the alleged rangemaster in my Department made a racket out of betting rookies a sixer or a case of beer and spanking them in one game or another at the range. I got tired of it (he was obnoxious anyway) and tricked him spectacularly out of some hard cash with those double boolit 44s and split the cash up to a couple of his victims. Never did tell him how I did it but every time I heard about him trying to trap a new rookie I'd threaten to bet him again. Anyway if Lee would come out with some decent wadcutter designs I'd stand in line for the six cavs.

Boolit Mold

No worries azrednek wasn't really a typo just short for melting pot...... excuse my newbie terminology.