Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
Load Data Repackbox
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I could use some prayers if you got any extras

Boolit Bub
    An elderly family friend was discovered to have stage four liver cancer last fall. She had surgery which I believe was chemotherapy directly into the affected areas. It's been over 6 months now and although I don't know her current diagnosis, I do know that she is eating well and walking daily even at her advanced age. I pray for your continuing fight and recovery and hope that you make a full recovery.

Boolit Buddy
    When I first found out about the cancer, I was pretty freaked out for two or three weeks, kind of one of those emotional roller coaster type things. Charlie two tracks, your comment about having a peaceful, positive feeling about me........... well, that really struck a chord with me because that's pretty much exactly how I feel about the whole situation now. And the fact of knowing that you folks, and even some of your family and friends are praying for me, well, tis a powerful thing. Thank you all.
    Anything that produces some sort of an explosion, can't be all bad.

44minimum

I talked to "my God" and asked him to talk with "your God" and give you strength and comfort. My Wife is a cancer survivor...she should not be but she is...Prayers do work!

Lord JESUS, we ask Lord that you would give comfort and strength to Bryan and his family, and that you would bless him powerfully Jesus, and if it would be in your will Lord that you would touch him with your healing and loving hands Father , for this we ask in the name of your son JESUS and we will give you the praise the honor and thy glory FATHER ...AMEN..

Boolit Master

Prayers on the way

You hang in there . Your in My Prayers. God Bless

How are you doing Bryan? My wife and I have been praying for you not every day, but about every other day or so. Hang in there and God bless.

In Remembrance

Still praying for you my brother.

Prayers going up.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Buddy
    I have completed three rounds of chemo, with the fourth one scheduled for next Wednesday. There was slight nausea at first, but nothing since. After the second round I developed a rash and I could not eat or drink cold things, it felt like swallowing ice needles. The rash is gone, but I still cannot handle cold things. My skin is getting sensitive and developing red spots, a lot more easily than it used to. One of my elbows is getting red where it contacts the arm rest of my chair and my butt is getting red spots from sitting in my chair. Red spots are the forerunner of pressure sores and I do not want any pressure sores. I have been doing my weight shifts to relieve the pressure on my butt, even more often and longer than usual, but the red spots are still there nearly every night. The Dr. stressed over and over that my immune system would be compromised, and they do say that the effects of chemo are cumulative, so I guess it is catching up to me. Probably the worst thing is having sores in my mouth. They were nearly gone but now they are back and seem to be worsening a bit. It's a little irritating, probably similar to having a couple of tiny snapping turtles in your underwear that will not sit still and are constantly crawling around, snapping at things that were not designed to be snapped at. The hospital called in a prescription for me for a type of mouth rinse and I used it last night for the first and perhaps the last time. Boy, that stuff is thick and slimy. Just a couple of minutes after spitting it out I noticed that my tongue was numb. And a couple of minutes after that, my entire mouth and my lips were numb, just like they are when you come back from the dentist after getting a cavity filled. Overall I think I'm doing pretty good, not really fatigued or anything. I update my online diary every few days or so and I will try to remember to keep you guys updated also. My diary is public, you guys can read it if you wish.

I appreciate the prayers.

44minimum

Boolit Master

Sent a new batch of Prayers for you Bryan

God Bless you. hang in there.

Boolit Master
    always have time for a few prayers.......btw, have you heard of Essiac? It is a herbal tea, and it has been known to cure cancers.
    Luck to you
    Steve

Boolit Bub
    I had a Major when I was stationed at Ft Dix. He was always smiling, running marathons and living life to the fullest. I found out some time later that years before he had been diagnosed with some form of cancer and the docs only gave him months to live. He somehow beat it and it gave him a whole new perspective on life. Lived everyday to the fullest after that, great guy. Stay strong!

Boolit Master
    My family will lift you up in our prayers.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

Moderator Emeritus

Bryan, May God hold you in his hands and heal you......Amen

Boolit Buddy
    prayers sent..

Sounds like a positive plan to me. Praying God will keep you at peace as you go through this. He can and does work miracles today.

Boolit Buddy
    April 20, Easter Sunday

We dropped off the chemo pump on Friday and believe it or not, no complications arose. They flushed out my port, tried to draw some blood just to see if there was blood return and lo and behold, there was. Good deal.

There are more side effects this time. My rash has come back and is worse than last time, the sores in my mouth are back but I don't yet know if they're going to be worse or not, and I'm getting red spots on my lower back. Got to watch those real good so they won't turn into pressure sores. And this time I have been coughing a little bit. I haven't coughed up anything and I don't feel sick or anything, but it does make me wonder. And the slime is back in my throat. Ever since I started on chemo my throat has felt slimy, especially during toothbrushing. When rinsing my mouth it seems like this slime stuff comes up from my throat and it's kind of hard to even spit it out. Usually it goes away after brushing my teeth, but it has persisted all day today. And I guess that's about it for side effects. Oh, I can't eat or drink cold things.

We went over to my brothers house today and spent time with relatives, ate lots of good food and shot some guns. A good day.

44minimum

Boolit Buddy
    My families prayers for you, May He bless and keep you. Glad you had a day with family. Getting to shoot is always good. My son in law had 3 sessions of chemo. He beat it. Has three boys and left for corrections academy yesterday. I'm glad your spirits are up. Spring is finally here, may it be a new beginning for you as well.

Paul in WNY
    Think you can, or think you can't. Either way your right.

Boolit Master

Good to hear from you 44minimum. I second the thought of Spring being a new beginning for you.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Super Moderator Emeritus
    our Father in Heaven is the author and perfector of all healing. may He place his hand on you and bring healing to your body. you have the faith to ask for prayer and the Lord said He would hear and answer our prayers. you are on my prayer list and my churches.
    preacher Jim

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast