Titan ReloadingADvertise hereRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SRH or Redhawk

Boolit Grand Master

where has anyone found heavier springs for a SRH? Wolfe doesn't offer them.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Banned

The SRH has a decent spring but it can weaken over time too with a lot of shooting. I used to just buy extra springs from Ruger for my SBH when I shot IHMSA and changed it once a year.
    Most shooters can go for many years before seeing a problem but they will blame something else.
    If the SRH shows a loss of accuracy, just buy a new spring from Ruger, they are very cheap. If you shoot little, the spring will last forever anyway.
    Wolf makes reduced power mainsprings for a lot of guns. The thing to remember is that Wolf springs are faster and still work. It is when you mess with a factory spring that you can lose accuracy fast. Or just wear one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Joe View Post
    To the best of my knowledge:

All the centerfire, stainless Bisleys (not including the Hunter amd Vaquero models) are Acusport guns.
    That would explain why the acusport guns on the web, look just like the one in the store

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by newsmokepole64 View Post
    Buff hunter, is your a 44 or some other cal? I just worry that I'm overkilling it. They look like an m1 tank.
    Both my SRH's are 44 Mag, I also have a Redhawk in 45 Colt. I guess I just like the SRH better, wish they would make it in 41 Mag and 45 Colt.

Home!

brought the SRH 7.5" 44mag home today. Chamber mouths are .430, forcing cone .458, grooves .430, lands .416. now to load some food for it Temps are in the 40-50's so shooting will be tomorrow

Boolit Master
    My RH with a lighter hammer spring is deadly accurate ....... that's why I "dare not" let go of it.

Three 44s

Quote Originally Posted by NSP64 View Post
    yep, I'm leaning toward the SRH with 7.5" tube.
    Yeah, that sounds like a great choice.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Yea, go with the SRH.

Boolit Master
    12 year old thread resurected, gravedigger, haha. The Super is more shooter friendly.

Boolit Master
    I purchased a 7 1/2" RH when they first came out. Heavy, without a scope. Forget a belt holster. Shoulder or across the chest carry, is a must. Can't fathom toting around the Super...........besides being butt ugly.

Winelover

I got to dive in here. The SRH that lives in my safe might not have the glitz of a Smith but it came out of the box with a pretty good trigger and I Lauer coated it in flat black. It will do 1 1/2" at 100 yds when I do my part and some might think they are ugly but they are the finest hunting revolver this side of a Freedom Arms and although I am a confessed S&W addict, I wouldn't part with it for love nor money. I can always count on it to deliver the most accuracy my tired eyes can muster again and again. I carry mine with a sling looped around the 9 1/2" barrel and a long swivel stud in the bottom of the grip. It carries just fine under a hunting coat and leaves the hands free to muscle your way through the thick stuff or climb a tree.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Handguns 001 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	255208
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it

Boolit Master

My vote is for the Redhawk. I just love the feel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123