Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOE molds

Boolit Grand Master

I've got 4 NOE molds. My most recent is the 413230 LFN. It is a pure beauty. All of them are, really. It drops 230gr as advertised with COWW and cycles in my leveractions beautifully.

Anyone molding the .434 235 RF?
    I need to size to .431.....anyone doing this from the .434, if that's what they drop at......
    I'm concerned they'll drop at .434/.435 and be tough to size to .431.

Boolit Master

I now have 9x molds from NOE and I am waiting for them to make more of the ones I want to buy more!

Neal in AZ

Boolit Master
    I have two NOE molds, they frustrated me 'til I learned how to run 'em (my first hollowpoint molds!).
    They make really nice boolits.
    I like the different plugs so you can make HPs or flat noses with the same mold.

Boolit Master
    I bought one hollow point and with a little tinkering, I got a pile of bullets in a hurry. I got hooked and I now have seven.
    Leadmelter
    MI

Boolit Master
    Looking forward to casting with this one, the 515-141HB.

Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Master
    I think I am getting close to 30 N.O.E. moulds, they are great. The only thing that I think could be improved are the sprue plates, they need to be thicker like Miha's.

Boolit Master
    I've been casting for over 50 years and recently acquired my first NOE mould. It is a 5C 311-165 FN with 4C's with a gas check shank and 1 PB. The mould casts like a dream, and the boolits are within .2g on the gas checked version and all mik right at .311 with an alloy of 3:1. (ww:lino). I'm so happy that the original owner wanted to swap this mould for my 2C RCBS 30-180 SIL.!!!
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Master
    That HP drop system really looks like a clever way to do things. I'm just waiting for Al to make the mold I need with it...then it'd mine!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat View Post

That's a really GOOD picture!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by kevmc View Post
    Anyone molding the .434 235 RF?
    I need to size to .431.....anyone doing this from the .434, if that's what they drop at......
    I'm concerned they'll drop at .434/.435 and be tough to size to .431.
    I have an early NOE mold, Labeled RG2 429421 SWC (hollow point)
    it was a group buy "over run" mold and I didn't realize that this group buy was for an oversized keith type. It drops bullets at .4345 I was dissapointed at first. But then I stumbled into a Rossi 44 spl that was way over sized and I needed every .001" of that boolit.

I have cast some for standard sized 44 mag revolvers and with a alloy that's a little softer than straight COWW, I don't even notice I'm sizing them down .004". Straight COWW will be tougher on the sizer ...just size them within a day of casting before they have time to age harden. BUT if you like to cast with a Hard alloy...I'd look for a mold that'll drop to a closer size.

I've found NOE's RG molds have a learning curve. the Mold needs to be hot, the pins need to be hot. and there is a breakin period, maybe 3 or 4 casting sessions. So don't get frustrated right away if you have problems. Post about them here and we can walk you through them. I know I had problems the first couple of times I cast with the NOE RG molds. In fact, if you search about 3 years back, you'll find a post or two of my problems.
    Good Luck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Plus One for All The Above...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by AbitNutz View Post
    I was interested in buying an NOE mold. His prices are very attractive but it seems like almost nothing is ready to ship/available. I sent an email asking about the availability and never received a reply...

What is your experience with NOE?
    First class and worth twice the price. I think I bought something like $2k worth of moulds from him last year and I can't thing of a single bad thing to say about his product or service.

Love Life
    Using 30:1, my 358477 rains perfect hollowpoints. Love me some NOE moulds!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat View Post

Ohhhh,. now I have a chubby. 405 grain 45-70 please

For customer service Al & the gang are awesome. I managed to smoosh a nose punch
    I emailed Al about buying a replacement. No reply for a few days, then one shows up in the mail box the next day
    How do you beat that?
    I have 5 molds from them now, all are dreams to use. One of them made ME learn how to use it,
    and it turned on the light for me, as far as realizing that chunks of aluminum can have personality

Boolit Buddy
    My experience with NOE, based on 4 buys -- EXCELLENT product AND service. A refreshing difference from the bigger guys.

Boolit Master

I have 7-8 of Swedes molds, and I plan to buy many more.........lol.

He makes great molds, excellent quality, quick delivery, priced right.

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.