RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chen trails

Boolit Master

Chen trails

Anyone else been watching the chem trails overhead that stretch from horizon to horizon? They started up again here late last September very heavy and I have watched them just about every day since.

Moderator Emeritus

I think you mean con trails. Chem trails are those things the conspiracy theory tinfoil hat types obsess about.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

I've noticed alot of contrails here in Va too.I figured it was normal.People going about there way.I like to watch them some in the afternoon and evening.

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    Con trails as I understand them are excellent indicators of the amount of water vapor in the upper atmosphere. when the stretch horizon to horizon there is a lot of water in the air. when they quickly dissipate the air is dry and the moister from combustion exhaust is quickly absorbed. That is all folks.

Ken
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

We see quite a few here at times and I've always been reminded seeing them that for days after 9-11....the skies were eerily empty.

Boolit Master
    The east-west chem trails are mind control drugs, the north-south ones are hormones and steroids designed to alter our gene pool. And those big puffy things you thought were clouds... Those are UFO screens.
    Now go drink your Kool Aid.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Been seeing them ever since I was a kid in the 50's. There are pictures of them during WW1. But then again, I paid attention in science class, and know what they really are. Water vapor.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    If they're chem trails, then the Allies must have sprayed the h**l out of Europe, especially Germany, during WWII. They said the Germans could tell where the B17s and B24s were headed by watching the contrails...
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Mold

Yeah, Well we have a space cadet around here who says our local air national guard unit is spraying mind altering drugs all over the country. He has even made a vidio with our kc135s in the c back ground to prove it. Course he also says Kennedy was killed by aliens forom outer space.

The persistence of contrails has a lot to do with the height of the tropopause - the boundary between lower atmosphere (troposphere) and the stratosphere, because of temperature. Contrails in the stratosphere, which is typically much colder than the trop, become ice fogs instantly. Ice dissipates more slowly than contrails of water droplets, which can evaporate. If the trop is low, the planes are in the colder stratosphere. Also if the upper trop is real cold, as it has been for a while now, even the planes below the tropopause leave ice-fog contrails.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Been seeing them ever since I was a kid in the 50's. There are pictures of them during WW1. But then again, I paid attention in science class, and know what they really are. Water vapor.
    Hold your horses there buddy. Are you trying to use science to explain something to someone w/ his tin foil hat on to tight? That never works

In this day and age where information is at your fingertips. How do people not run some internet searches to find answers? Chem trails is one of the stupidest conspiracy theories and is easily debunked.

Boolit Grand Master

Iowa Fox; I believe you
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master
    Hold your horses there buddy. Are you trying to use science to explain something to someone w/ his tin foil hat on to tight? That never works
    Ain't that the truth.

Boolit Master

I'd never heard the chem trail thing until a customer was telling me about it a few weeks ago.

She seemed nice, but nuttier than a squirrel turd!
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
    I'd never heard the chem trail thing until a customer was telling me about it a few weeks ago.

I read this earlier today, and I just finally fully appreciated that comment. Brahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Bows and flows of angels hair, ice cream castles in the air....
    60's psychedelic observations of clouds 'n' things.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post

Thanks, got my day started with a laugh.

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    Con'trails short for condensation trails.

My uncle flew the tail gunner-armorer position in the 8th Air Force, 2nd Air Division Heavy, 445 Bomb Group, 702 Squadron, that was the B 24 division in East Anglia (England). He received the Distinguished Flying Cross with 3 oak leaf clusters and the Air Medal, flew his 35 missions and made it back state side.

He told me stories about what came to be called Big Week, when the USAAF flew several, thousand plane raids (missions).

Once combat boxes were formed , there would be stacks of boxes with 90-100 heavys ,17's and 24's but not mixed, there would be planes as far as you could see to the rear and 10 combat boxes deep all trailing condensation trails from engine exhaust, some would even form from the prop tips and wing tips, depending on temperature and moisture at the altitude, usually between 28-30 thousand for the Fort's, and 25-28 thou' for the Lib's .

He told me after checking the guns and settling in for the ride to the IP, the drone of the engines and the contrails would put you into a trance like state, until the crackle of some other crewman's throat mike reporting enemy fighters or the "WHOP" of the first close flak burst would snap you awake.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Boolit Master
    Nice post, dagger dog.
    Always enjoy reading and hearing stories of the folks who were and are the finest examples of American patriotism. Also, have always had an insatiable hunger for pictures, stories, movies, museums and any other source of info or exhibition of WW II military aircraft.

Have seen more con trails than the norm, coming from the general direction of Vandenberg AFB.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    smokey,

If you ever get the chance, a must see for every WWII aviation buff, is the U.S. Air Force Museum at Wright and Patterson Fields, Dayton OH.
    If you can plan a weekend to be able to see it all, but even two days is not really enough. It's well worth a special trip if your in the area.

I had the privilege of working with another AF vet that was 20 years my senior, we became great friends, he did 1 tour Korea, and 2 tours Vietnam, plus time in GB before the shooting started in Korea, he turned me on to the USAF Museum.

We made about 4 pilgrimages a year. Got to tour the restoration shops and the hangers that store everything from WWI-WWII uniforms (in a refrigeration unit) to crated Jap Zero's, waiting for the all volunteer crews to start restoration. The museum is VAST to say the least.

They have an original Wright bi-plane that was one of the first military planes flown for the US, all the way to the Vietnam era, displayed in historical sequence.

John Muhall, was my friends name he was retired USAF Master SGT, he died as he lived, in a private plane crash coming back from the museum one foggy night, along with 3 others, the pilot flew the Cessna into the side of a stone quarry during the landing, he was 200 yds off course to the east parallel to the runway.

If there would have been an open seat I would have been in that plane, his wife called and told me before I heard it on the evening news, she told me that they couldn't identify one of the bodies and was calling to see if it could have been me. I had flown with them on several occasions up to the museum for special "talk" given by people such as Paul Tibbets, Chuck Yeager, and others.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast