Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Best adding for Star sizer

Best adding for Star sizer

I bought a air kit from kyle623 a few weeks ago . We'll today I made time to install and use. All I will say WOW just Wow !!! After a slow start adjusting as I went I ended up with the heater set at 85 and the air pressure at 35. I use Carnauba Red. Was able to size 800 boolits just as fast as I could drop the boolit and stroke the handle!! So if your in doubt just spend the money and you Will Be HAPPY!! Clint

Just sizer and lubed 150 boolits in 4.5 min with out pushing!!Clint

I find the biggest slow down know is having to wait for the new stick of lube to warm after adding! Just did 5-600 in 30 min and was sorting as I lubed. Thanks kyle623 a great kit and fair price. Clint

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    Clint, I can tell you're enjoying the heck outta that new toy. I'm jealous, I have too many gun restoration projects going to do any casting, sizing, loading and shooting right now.

Boolit Master

I usually refill my lube resviour after each sizing/lubing session reguardless where its at , i heat up the large 2x7 size CR lube in a pyrex measuring cup until its in a liquid state and pour it into the resviour , that way you get the max amount of lube in it with no air pockets. and the 2x7 lube is less expensive than the 1x4 size lube sticks, i can do at least 1000+ boolets of up to .460 dia or size of the lube grove with one filling of the resviour.
    My personal best only for a lark is 1000 boolets L/S that required min sizing and a small amout if lube in 37 min , only options was a shovel handle and a heated base, but I would not of liked to of continue with another thousand ! normaly 1000 or so a hour is a comfortable pace.
    Last edited by bobthenailer; 03-25-2014 at 08:11 AM.

I cast and lube as a way to relax and get boolit to shoot. So I am not in a hurry to get it done but less work is good!! Clint

Boolit Master

I find my Star is one of the more enjoyable and relaxing tools I use. I look up each boolit (I keep a list of the punch length for each boolit I size and loob), and away we go. I have the heated base and the air assist to eliminate cranking the pressure thingy. I just did a couple hundred boolits a while ago. Lee 358 RNFP's. What a pleasure. Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin