Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr Bullet feeder for star

I went down and cut out another adaptor out of wood with a couple of changes in the design. It works with both 45 cal and 9mm, but round nose only. Flat point round nose and swc's are not reliably flipped and they don't reliably drop. As I am doing round nose only right now, this will work.

Boolit Buddy
    This is an interesting project. I hope to see it resolved some day. I've found that letting others more suited to design and fab work out the bugs works best for me, lol. I've got a Star with air and feeders. Searching for something to feed the feeders hasn't produced much. Hi Tek polymer coating and the Star are a good combination to pair with a rotary bullet feeder. If we just had something to reliably orient the boolits that would work faster than my left hand...

If you are Hi-Tek coating or powder coating, then the bullets could be fed base down just fine. Just have Lathesmith make a custom top punch for you so the bullets will be pushed through straight. Stars originally were base first sizers. I may just go that route myself.

Boolit Buddy
    That makes sense. I've always sized nose first simply because that's accepted to yield best accuracy but the difference between the two probably wouldn't be discernable in my shooting.

After waiting for more than 2 years for Rick to make a nose down feeder adaptor, I decided to make my own. After spending the better part of 3 hours in the shop, I have got it to work
    Thats why I posted his video 2 years ago

Instead of building nose down collators for my sizing machines I just built flippers for my base down bullet feeders for my reloading machines.

There is also a video someone posted in the last few months of one of the new AA collators they converted to nose down.

Boolit Bub
    It’s been a couple years since this thread was made any chance someone now makes and sells a nose down conversion for the newer style mr bullet feeder?

Boolit Master
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12