Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A rifle for Felix

Boolit Grand Master

A rifle for Felix

I just finished dressing up a very special rifle for a very special member. This rifle belongs to our own Felix.
    It is a Marlin 1894 in 41 Remington Magnum. A special edition.
    When I got it, it didn't look bad per se, but it didn't look good either. The bolt did not fit in the receiver and stood proud all around it. There were deep scratches in the receiver also, hidden by course bead blasting. There was a spot on the side of the barrel that had lost it's bluing and had been patched with cold blue. The lever was stiff, and the trigger was about 4lb.
    There were dings in the stock and the finish on the wood was poor, hindering the gorgeous wood from presenting itself.

I stripped the entire rifle and polished every single surface with files, wood block, and sand paper. The action was slicked up, and a competition flat wound spring was installed dropping the trigger pull to a crisp 3.5lb and I dropped the pressure on the lever so that it takes only 5lb of pressure to open it with the hammer down.
    The rifle was reblued and no expense was spared in preparation for the salts. It was with trepidation and crossed fingers that I finally lowered it into the salts I can assure you.
    The dents were steamed out of the wood and Truoil was rubbed in by hand. Over 20 coats were applied over a week and a half. I kept at it until I was satisfied.
    The gun looks even more amazing in person than it does in the photographs.
    I am very proud of this rifle, and Felix encouraged me to post pictures of it for you all to see.
    On that note, please say a prayer for our friend and mentor. He is in the hospital now with pneumonia and it is serious.
    Thank you.

Felix, you have done so much for all of us, I gave my very best effort to show my appreciation with every stroke of the stone and file when doing this job for you. I wish I could reach into the future and give you the best I will be capable of then, but this is the best I can do now, and it is an honor to serve you and your family.
    God bless you for all you have done for us!

Attachment 98067

Attachment 98068

Attachment 98069

Attachment 98070

Attachment 98071
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Love Life
    I will pray for Felix. His short and to the point posts have forced me to learn more than I ever thought I would.

As usual, great work.

Boolit Grand Master
    Fine rifle for a fine gentleman.

Get well Felix, we need you here.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Master
    Very nice Tim!
    "In GOD We Trust"

Boolit Master
    Felix has been posting good, informative stuff since the old "Shooter's" site days. Best wishes for his recovery to good health.

Very nice work on the rifle. I look forward to Felix's range report.

Boolit Master
    What a beautiful rifle. Here's to Felix and Tim!!

Boolit Master

My prayers for Felix and my compliments to Tim for a job very well done.

Boolit Grand Master

Yours will be following it very soon Bjorn.

Great job, and looks like you've got a really good photographer as well.

Boolit Master
    Prayers for Felix and that rifle sure looks nice. Nice pics too. One of these days I hope to have you work a little magic on an 1895 Winchester.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    Yours will be following it very soon Bjorn.
    I know, and I'm really looking forward to getting the rifle. I also hope Felix will soon be back on his feet to enjoy HIS rifle!

Boolit Grand Master
    Like most everybody here, I've never been face to face with another from this site. I have come to know Felix by his writings only. Best wishes on a quick recovery and good on you, goodsteel, for your efforts on his behalf. Man! What a rifle!!!!!!!!!!

Tim That one came out really nice. I never ceases to amaze me how much character is hidden under the goo know as "Marshield."

My 1894 CB was night and day difference.

Good job. I've just about got the piece parts together for my A5 to send to you for re finish.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

I also have said a prayer for Felix fast and complete recovery. Tim you are a real jewel. Thank you for sharing your expertise so often and so well. You picked a special person for this labor of love and appreciation. On behalf of us all. Thank-You!
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master
    Prayers to Felix and Tim you did a fantastic job on that rifle. Pneumonia just about got my wife last year, she spent 7 days in I C at the Unv of Ia Hospital. Its some mean stuff.

the people of this site amaze and inspire me with their kindness generosity and kind harts. quick recovery prayers for FELIX and TIM you have taught us all one more lesson. well done. we are but on this earth but a fleeting moment and the only lasting mark we make on this world is the service we do for others.

Boolit Master
    Praying for you Felix. Anyone with a beautiful rifle like that has to get well, soon!

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Grand Master

I apologize for not mentioning my Photographer!
    Her Name is Jackie Romine http://www.jackierominephotography.com/
    She is an amazing lady for sure. Doing just like me working out of her garage basically, and doing absolute artwork. I just call her a few days in advance and she builds me a set. This time, I asked for something like the opening scene in "Silverado". Or a rustic mining shack. She totally nailed it although we did some rearranging when I got there.
    I would encourage all of you, no matter what you are after, (pulling the dents out of your car, fixing you lawn mower, etc etc) to find a little guy to work with. There are amazingly talented people that are tucked in every corner of this country and they are all heart. This is small business at it's best.

Boolit Master

Very nice work Tim, prayers for Felix and you.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

An amazing rifle, your really did good sir.... You are blessed with talent.....

I have one question though, how much did you pay for that male model wierdo to hold that beautiful gun??? Whatever it was, better get a refund.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast