Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jalapeno Growing.

Boolit Master
    I might try that Bob,Now Parsnips and Carrots par boiled and Roasted around a good joint of Beef cooked in Lard,with Yorkshire Puddings and some Greens are nice.I think the added Butter after cooking the Turnips sounds good.

Boolit Master
    Jaysouth,yes there is no shortage of Snails and Slugs here.Ah Les Francais love them,we eat their relatives from the Sea but I do,nt think I could bring myself to chomping on a Slug.

Boolit Master

Plenty of Jalapenos have arrived.

Boolit Master

Jalapeno Growing

Difficult to Photo them,they blend into the greenery.Had a couple last night stuffed with Greek Feta Cheese and Microwaved.Nice
    Last edited by Col4570; 07-28-2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: More content

Boolit Master
    Actualy I did,nt think they would grow here but they are doing well,We are in the Middle of a heat wave and things are growing like wildfire.

Boolit Master
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GJ9Sxm46WOs
    Here is a dangerous one,I would,nt touch with a barge Pole.I wonder if there is a schofield rating that is dangerous to exeed.My Jalapenos,Fresnos and Habaneros are all comfortable for my pallet and add a nice background heat to food.I use Cayenne in moderation but these can be exceedingly hot.
    Last edited by Col4570; 08-04-2014 at 07:41 AM.

Vendor Sponsor

Moruga Scorpion isn't the world's hottest anymore, Carolina Reaper has eclipsed it at 2.2m ~ 2.4m Scovilles.

Most of my Aleppo bushes that I planted earlier are turning out lots of fruits. We have been using them in everything from omelets to soups. These are pretty flavorful, along the lines of a mild banana peppper, poblano, something along those lines, not hot in the least way.

Pepper grinder included for size reference:

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Bob, thos pequins are crazy hot bud lol. I tried em a time or two but got tire of carying that dam popsicle to the bathroom everytime i ate em. Seriously though to the op, jalapenos are perhaps the easiest plant to grow for me. I neglect mine and still get too many.

Boolit Man
    I became a hot pepper nut because of this thread. I grew Jalapenos, Habeneros, red and Yellow Cayenne and hot Thai, also a bunch of Anaheim. I just made a pint of peach and Habenaro hot sauce that is way tastier than I would have thought possible. I have gave peppers to all my friends and searched out all the different varieties grown locally for seed stock for next year. Thanks for the inspiration and advice all...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345