Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beaver trapping-wacked and stacked them today!

Boolit Buddy

Yesterday I happen to drive the end of the county road I live on and guess what? Beaver have come from outta nowhere and been damming up all of the creeks. I had a 330 in the truck and I scouted around to determine how many beaver and how many traps it would take. I set the one 330 I did have in a castor mound set.I called my friend and we pulled all of my other traps on his lake. No beaver in them, I guess I took them all out, which was my intention.

Today I loaded the pack basket with 330's and proceeded to emplace them. Some bank den sets, and other with caster mounds and beaver run sets. I checked the one trap I had set out and found a blanket in that one. I set more snares on other bank dens. I had to make two trips with all of the traps I set. I have 12 sets now and I am off to the races.The season ends on the 31st so I am scrambling trying to make the most of it. The great thing is its about 5 minutes away from the house! Here is the beaver I caught today:

Good job!! trapping is rewarding and it is really hard work.

Boolit Buddy

Yes it is. I nailed two more today and I am flat wore out!

Beaver trapping will do that to you.but it is still fun to go after them and also you will gain land to trap also.that and coyotes.You trap those 2 if someone have a problem with alot of times you will be able to trap other animals.I am waiten for the ice to start going out before I try to trap more beaver.I got till 15 of April, but the way it is going, I might not be able to.The most i got in one place in one check in less then 24 hours and 6 and that end up being all there was there.I stay for a week there and then pull up.The biggest was 60lbs.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12