Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you: load or toss?

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    As others have said, I de-squish all I can, especially LC. I'm beginning to think it's the best. As semis and full autos tend to be a little rough on brass, every case gets the bent wire test EVERY loading. Next is tumbling, FL sizing, then a check of length and look at the pockets. If using the RCBS swager it's much easier to start the rod into the case, THEN move the rim into the shellholder. RCBS' instructions tell you to do it the other way.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

I plan on investing in a swager, and doing the little "auto" eject mod found on YouTube. A simple spring or rubber band to make it about twice as fast!

Also, thanks for the advice about the stretch ring near the base, I'll keep my eyes peeled for this. Especially since I plan to scrap surplus brass I find laying around post
    Using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

I would toss it as well. I also have buckets full of 223 brass and wouldn't waste my time with it.

Boolit Master
    All discarded\abandoned mil-surp range brass with the yet intact, crimped, fired primer goes home with me. However, I do first ask if there are any claims to the stuff before I begin my dumpster-dive trip along the quiet and cold firing line. If there are no other shooters present other than my partner and I; it's loot and pillage!

Once home, the prized brass is processed with most all the above mentioned methods and practices.

Good luck,
    Wt.
    "Only when the Muslims (Arabs) begin to love their children as much as they hate us, will there be peace."
    Golda Mier

"Fear is a reaction, courage is a decision"
    Luca Scato

Boolit Buddy

I'm cheap/financially challenged so I try to reuse all the brass I can. I'd round it out, the mouth, size it, clean it, then inspect it.

Boolit Master

The slightly squished ones resized just fine. The ones with creased mouths were scrapped. Two years ago when it was still cheap I bought 3000 pieces from Widener's and it appeared to all be fired in automatic weapons from the dents in them. It was heavily weathered, very dark and many were squished. All but 13 were reloadable after full length sizing and the citric acid treatment. Most look new now.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12