Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's your wife's favorite load.

Boolit Master
    Yep... 22lr is her favorite...

Boolit Master
    my wife has 7 guns and loves them all.

22 target ruger
    380 sig p238
    ruger gp101 38/358
    sti 40 cal speed gun
    s&w 44 mag
    colt 1911 45 acp
    ruger 45 colt.

Boolit Master

My wife's favorite gun/load is HER
    Browning 20 gauge Citori, 7/8 ounce of shot, Win AA hull, 14 grains of Green Dot, Win AA wad, Win 209 primer.
    Great skeet shot

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

My Wife likes the three inch barreled model 60 Ladysmith I bought her for Christmas in 1974 best (I think) BUT my trouble is her claiming more and more of my arsenal for herself, and NO loaded down ammo in anything she shoots!

Boolit Bub
    My wife likes 4.3 grains of WST under a 175 grain full wadcutter (Accurate Molds #45-170W) for her 45 ACP revolver.

Boolit Buddy
    Her most shot gun, a 1978 1894 Marlin in .357 mag uses 17.1grs W296 and 160gr Lyman cast. I found that load about 35 years ago and she's shot nothing else. Does a great job on deer on down.

Boolit Buddy
    In her Model 19 Smith and Wesson, 38 Special brass, Lee 358-105-swc, 4.4 gr of HySkor 700x. In her Model 17 Glock 9mm brass, 4.3 Bullseye, same boolit.

My wife has one of those imported Taurus M85's with a 4 inch barrel and a Rossi 357 20" round blued barrel that gets fed a steady diet of lee 125-358 RF over 3grn of 800x she shot over 2000 rounds one evening

Boolit Master
    A pay stub with 20 or more OT hours on it.

Boolit Master
    My missus liked .22rf until she started having physical problems with mobility.The wife of a friend that we used to shoot with LOVED the .460 Wby with full house loads for a PLINKING rifleWas her favorite African rifle too..She weighed about 125 and stood about 5`2".
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Boolit Buddy
    95 gr .243 Nosler balistic tip, 37 gr varget. Once she hit the 300 yd 4" gong, she was hooked.
    looking forward to our kids being bigger(8 months and 3 yrs) so we can do more outside stuff as a family.

Boolit Mold
    38 Special Cowboy Action Shooting load: 3 grains Titegroup under a 158 grain RNFP (Lee). Mad accuracy in everything from the Rossi 92 rifle to the LCR, mild recoil, no leading, and inexpensive.
    9mm: Anything she can put in the mag...woman LOVES her new XDm! I'm going to try a load with Clays and the 125 grain Lee 2R...I'm confident it will be a winner (I'll post it on the 9mm thread).
    45 Colt Cowboy load: 6 grains Titegroup under a 255 grain RNFP (Lee). Stout recoil and ferocious muzzle blast, but the accuracy must be seen to be believed.
    45 ACP: 3.9 grains Clays with a 230 grain LRN (Lee 228 1R). Mild recoil, cleanest load I've ever shot, and if she misses, she knows it's not the ammo!
    44 Magnum: 20 grains of Winchester 296 and a 310 grain hard cast (Lee, again). Shoots little groups and isn't too terrible from a Super Redhawk.
    270 Winchester: 57.8 grains of H4831SC under a 140 grain Nosler BT seated out to slightly below magazine length. Her Remington 700 plops them into inch groups at 200 yards.

Boolit Master
    Some tips that worked with my wife. First I took her out and let her shoot the .17hmr at 100 yards. Set up a dozen eggs and let her bust them. The instant feedback really makes her enjoy shooting. Shooting paper does nothing for her. As for a handgun, she wasn't that interested until I bought her a gun. When I came home from that gunshow and she asked me what I bought and I handed her the gun and said it is yours. She smiled and then wanted to go shoot. Can't get it away from her now. You have to buy her something of her own and make it fun to shoot. Bought her a nice pink case to keep it in and that made her face light up also.

I think I loaded 115grain 9mm in hers. Whatever 115grain bullets are on sale at the time and load them about middle of the road with power pistol. Can't remember the exact load though. Her gun is a S&W 6906, fits her hand well and is alloy so not hard to wield.

This is my wife with her 'favourite' load

85grains of fg and 520 grains of .451!
    She must be getting used to the recoil now as she no longer flinches and can manage 10 shots before complaining of a sore shoulder!
    The .451 Enfield is her first choice whenever we go shooting together but now she is eyeing up the Martini Henry with a glint in her eye!

Boolit Buddy
    My wife likes her 22 Hornet rifle with 45 grain soft points over a case full of H110 and her Browning Hi Power with any factory load (I don't reload 9mm). She shoots the Ruger MK-III 6" SS tapered barrel the most though.

Quote Originally Posted by freebullet View Post
    Mine has a tendency to say its her favorite no matter the handgun or load at the time. She likes full standard power pistol ammo best.

She don't like 12 ga 3" mags though. She also gets annoyed when magnum rifle shooters setup all around us when A-she is shooting for accuracy & B- there are other benches available not right next to us. She will take a break and I will return the annoyance to the magnum rifle shooters by dumping mags of 308/223 continuously when they are trying to shoot. I always like to setup a bunch of shoot n c circles past their targets just to show them you don't need a magnum rifle for short range plinking. Why have a thunderous magnum rifle then only shoot it 1-200 yards, silliness.
    That ticks me off also. Why do people have to set up right next to you if there are other benches available? I like the way you handle it. My wife doesn't shoot much, she likes a 22lr and a couple of pop cans when she does.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234