Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So tell me a bit about your experiance with Oath Keepers

In Remembrance
    MPBarry,

Nothing controversial about Oathkeepers in spite of what some of our resident bed-wetting pinko commie alpha hotels like to continuously stir up.

It's real simple: Oathkeepers are citizens who either wear, or wore, the uniform of this nation for the purposes of defending it, and/or citizens who wear, or wore, badges denoting their dedication and authority to serving and protecting their fellow citizens from domestic dangers.

For the latter, that absolutely includes law enforcement, firemen and paramedics.

What's more, I'll put the bravery and commitment of one who walks into a burning building AHEAD of the majority of worthless-*** REMFs we have in the Pentagon and "command headquarters" duty stations around the world who are in the military.

Banned
    How, exactly, would a citizen who has been discharged defend the constitution, other than voting and speaking?

Details. Specifics, please.

Love Life
    I could care less about whether the oath-keepers are good, bad, or ugly, but I just wanted to say that Firefighters should not feel like they are lesser men for not being in the military.

Banned
    Geez. I missed that, had to go back and look for it.

I'm an infantry vet, I should have been a fire fighter. Would have made me a better man.

Oathkeepers have nothing on you, MPBarry.

Banned

jammer read the entire constitution there is a part in there that say's
    and I'm paraphrasing from memory. [simplifying]
    that it is each citizens duty to stand up against the government if they are doing things contrary to the constitution.
    that means IT IS YOUR DUTY TO BOOT YOUR BUDDY'S BUTT OUTTA OFFICE,
    if he is doing things contrary to the constitution, or not upholding his oath of office.

The way I read the information was that it wasn't what you would do, but what you will not do in the face of tyranny. I have no intention of taking my type 1 engine up against a tank, but i can refuse to have my fire department aid in putting citizens in boxcars.

God forbid I ever see that, Agenda 21 aside.
    Last edited by mpbarry1; 02-23-2014 at 05:48 AM.
    MPBARRY1

NRA Life Member

PASS IT ON! TAKE A KID SHOOTING!,

Banned
    Okay, what will a citizen with a DD 214 in his hand not do?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammersix View Post
    What you do leave behind, however, is the authority to use anything but rhetoric and the ballot. The same is true for police who leave the force or retire-- no more authority to do anything but talk and vote.

As long as oath keepers restrict themselves to talking and voting, things are fine.
    Authority isn't the end all in reality. Nor is authority the end all where our rights are concerned. And authority growing out from a corrupt government has nothing whatsoever to do with what is right, our rights, our religion, or what we may find necessary to do someday either. Actually reality is all the authority one needs.

And, yes, nowadays "doing what you are supposed to do is becoming a thing worthy of salutation.
    Last edited by leftiye; 02-23-2014 at 07:00 AM.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Okay, what will a citizen with a DD 214 in his hand not do?
    Follow any commie, criminal, pinko, or ***. Nor vote for them. (Der Bummer - 4 out of four ain't bad, eh?)

Signed, another grunt.
    Last edited by leftiye; 02-24-2014 at 05:07 AM.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Love Life
    Geez. I missed that, had to go back and look for it.

I'm an infantry vet, I should have been a fire fighter. Would have made me a better man.

Oathkeepers have nothing on you, MPBarry.
    That is not what was said by either MPBarry or myself. You were infantry? Awesome!! I'll send you a Chicken Tetrazzini MRE to pat yourself on the back with. You have no reason to be a d-bag toward fire fighters or MPBarry.
    Last edited by Love Life; 02-23-2014 at 12:55 PM.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Weddle View Post
    I think there different oaths for commissioned officers of the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard?

Oath of the President, Congressman & Senators?
    I can't say, from personal knowledge. What I posted is the oath taken by enlisted military members ... which was my station in life.
    For all I know, officers may just trade handshakes and promise to act like gentlemen.

Google may have your answer ...

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

In the case of your discharge jammersix your vote is your first line of defense. That does not negate the fact that one day you may have to take up arms on your own soil to defend the Constitution against the infamous domestic enemies namely a tyrannical government.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    That is not what was said by either MPBarry or myself. You were infantry? Awesome!! I'll send you a Chicken Tetrazzini MRE to pat yourself on the back with. You have no reason to be a d-bag toward fire fighters or MPBarry.
    What are you talking about?

I meant what I said. I meant it to mean that, speaking as a vet, I have extremely high regard for firefighters.

How did you get from there to being a d-bg to firefighters and MPBarry?

Shooter, if the Oathkeepers are about voting, then I have no problems with them. But it's everyone's duty to vote, with or without the Oathkeepers. Back to Chris Rock's line.
    Last edited by Jammersix; 02-23-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Banned
    southern California and sometimes Honolulu, hawaii
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Lovelife, Mean spirited remark. I was also an infantryman. Should I not be proud of that? Jay

Banned
    Thank you, Bill.

One thing I note is that some of the definitions of specific words there should be explained; disarming the American people is, for example, different from disarming a single person.

The state of emergency is pretty interesting, there are valid states of emergency, and that seems to me to either require explanation or change.

That all said, I intend to visit their site and read their material.

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393212490.540399.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	97634
    PM me if you have specific questions.

Banned

keep it cool or this thread will be locked.....period.

Love Life
    His post came across as very facetious, and reads remarkably similar to the rest of his posts that are very facetious. If I mistook it, and my reply was out of hand, then I apologize.

Banned
    Actually, that makes sense. I accept.

The post under discussion, out of all of my smart-assed posts, was probably the most sincere. I admire both firefighters and cops.

Love Life
    Agreed. Firefighters and Police do a very hard job that not everybody can do. While I am not a member of oath keepers, I believe that you have nothing to be ashamed of MPBarry. If they look down on you, then they can go pound sand.