Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 80 of 116 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2307

Thread: What Powder Did You Buy Today?

Boolit Master
    #2. 2400 for brass 410 shells using 444 Marlin Brass for my grandson. He is 9 and I will let him have a NEF single shot his father shot many years back. I used 303 brass back then, could not find that old brass, it is somewhere in the shop be where is the question.
    10 Ring in Houston has a large inventory.

Boolit Buddy

Check out the bulk lots of powder that American Reloading is offering in my post in this thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-sources/page3

I purchased new primed unmarked (RIO) 12 gauge hulls from these guys and so receive their emails.
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.

Remarkably enough, the Sportsman's in Silverdale out in Kitsap County got some Bullseye in yesterday evening! Have a few pounds already, but for $22.99, i just grabed it up since I haven't seen it there for about 3 years!
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

I broke down and went to Cabelas. The dish on my dresser was full of gift cards from the last 3
    years. Thought I best use them up on something before Bas Pro take over. Bought 3each of
    H110, BCL2, IMR- 4198 and 2 IMR-4895 bought some misc. from Bargin Cave and still got a
    card back for $9 something. Wanted Unique, they had none.

Boolit Buddy
    I picked up four pounds of Universal and a thousand primers yesterday.

I was hoping to get some Unique but they had sold out. Plenty of primers though.
    "... he who knows most, knows best how little he knows." T.J.

I recently stocked up on 12 pounds of H335, 8 pounds of Varget & 4 pounds of LVR as well as another 4,000 primers.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    An 8 pounder of WC-852, the slow lot. I spied it on a shelf, guy says "you can have it. I don't load it any more!!!" ( I think I heard the Alleluia chorus in the background). Tried to pay him anyway, but he asks," got any .270 Win. Brass? How about a hundred?" Well............... Yeah!!!!
    Am digging out said brass now. Made my weekend.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master
    1lb of 2400.

Boolit Master
    Hi...

No powder this week...plenty on the shelves. Just don't need any, I am well stocked although I will continue to add to the reserve as conditions warrant.

I did add to the primer supply though...5,000 standard small pistol, 5,000 standard large pistol, 2,000 Magnum large pistol and 1,000 Magnum small pistol. All CCI...just adding to the reserve.

Reserve now totals in excess of 30K various types sizes of primers and 58lb of various powders, not counting the containers of already opened powders and primers.
    Still need to get an order together for some new handgun brass before the election...I don't trust either party or candidate and want to be prepared for whatever eventuality might occur. Since the majority of my shooting is done with handguns, I think I can weather another 4-5 years of shortages. I managed to get through the last shortage/panic without curtailing any of my shooting activities and was even able to add to my supplies when .22 rimfire or reloading components were available (and they were available intermittently). Now that supplies have re-appeared in good quantities, it only seems prudent to stock up on what I use. It hasn't been too many months since there were limits on primer, powder and rimfire ammunition at almost retail outlet. but nobody seems to have any limits at the present time (except for the odd exception).

Banned

everybody is starting to get on the get it now bandwagon.

I rounded up 8 lbs of red-dot and 8 lbs of titewad yesterday.
    they had some 700-x,231,800-x and some green-dot too but I just didn't have the money to get them.
    I hemmed and hawed around the choice of green-dot and titewad for a good 15 minutes.
    they had 2 jugs of the green-dot so I went with the titewad hoping they have one of the green-dot left when I go back.

Boolit Buddy
    Picked up 2 pounds of 2400 an a pound of hp38

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    64# W748
    32# H110
    32# W231
    64# H335
    1# Green Dot
    That is just insane

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    I bought a pound of Black MZ, it as $9.99. Must be ****, I am going to test it. If it is decent I will get more.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

We have our big 2 day gun show this weekend and a friend called me and asked if I could help to price out some powders that he was taking to sell there. I did ... and told him that I'll take all of the SR4759, Red Dot and 700X that he was going to be selling! I'll pick it up from him tomorrow night when we're setting up for the show ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Banned

it is insane who would only get 1 lb of green-dot

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    it is insane who would only get 1 lb of green-dot
    Funny how that single pound gets the attention. I posted why I bought it. I have a jug already so it's not lonely. And I have plenty of old manuals to find pistol loads for it. Buying cases of powder is quite fun.......until you actually hand the money over.

Banned

yeah
    it's nice to have I hate paying the bill though.

1 lb of green-dot is just enough to fill the hopper on the ponsess and does about 300 rounds of 12ga.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't load for shotguns. Don't shoot enough of it to warrant doing so. Powder usage is bad enough w/ large rifle cases. It's why I really like the 327 Federal

I probably have enough powder to last me for the next 30 years. For real. But I am still peeved I don't have the $$$ to go buy more while it's in stock!......
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Buddy

Added to my powder stash today, 16 lbs of Unique, 16 lbs of W-231 and 16 lbs of H335.. already have plenty of Bullseye, Red Dot and HP-38.. Primer stock is a little low with 75K on hand, hope to get more primers early next week
    Viet Nam 11/66 to 3/68