RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 73 of 114 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2280

Thread: What Powder Did You Buy Today?

Picked up three more pounds of powder. W231, Auto comp and cfe Pistol. ( Hey ! One Pound is better than no Pound.

Boolit Buddy
    Unique, AA2200 and a pound of Alliant 300-MP to try. If you are looking for Unique, Midsouth still had one pounders in stock a few minutes ago.

My LGS ran dry on powder during the "drought" but I recently found their shelves stocked again, and came home with a pound of Unique.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Grand Master

Stopped by Cabela's in Hamburg yesterday. More powder than I've seen them have in years. Every time I go there they have expanded the powder shelves. The prices suck unless it's on sale. And 800-X was $20 a pound. Picked up three pounds.

Saw that PV has almost everything in stock. I need to place an order w/ them and not worry about powder and primers for the next decade.

Sheels in Eau Claire had a decent inventory. Was going to grab some unique and bullseye. But figured I have plenty for now.
    Will be stocking up soon though being an election year...... You never know!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by str8shot426 View Post
    Sheels in Eau Claire had a decent inventory. Was going to grab some unique and bullseye. But figured I have plenty for now.
    Will be stocking up soon though being an election year...... You never know!
    My shelves are pretty stocked but I may grab some more primers if they go on sale. I figure another panic buy is due any time now.

Boolit Master
    Alliant "BE-86"; i lb Canister.

Boolit Bub
    Had to run some errands yesterday in the vicinity of the LGS so I stopped by. They had a big enough variety that just about everyone would find something they could use. I resisted the powder urge though and picked up 1k CCI small pistol primers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chev. William View Post
    Here is Alliant's answer to my inquiry:
    "RE: Alliant Powder - Ask the Expert Form
    Date: May 11, 2016 10:19 AM

William,
    Alliant has no tested load data for the 25 Auto using the BE-86 propellant.
    Thanks,
    Shoot Straight
    DuaneVB
    CCI/Speer/Alliant
    2299 Snake River Ave.
    Lewiston, ID"

So it seems I, and other Experimenters, are in "Uncharted Territory" to use of BE-86 propellant.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    My shelves are pretty stocked but I may grab some more primers if they go on sale. I figure another panic buy is due any time now.
    Exactly! I don't have enough primers to burn the powder I have. One would need need near 20,000 primers to burn 8 lbs of bullseye in 38 special wadcutter loads.

Most people don't realize that.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I resisted for as long as I could!!! Then, had to order 2-5# of Blue Dot from Midsouth Shooters Supply! (there goes my spending allowance till next payday). Oh well. Between what I have already, and this, I'm set for life.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master
    Ah nothing wrong with 10# of Blue Dot. I passes on a keg of 2400, I kinda regret that now.

Boolit Master
    Well...it happened, wideners had CCI 5k sp boxes on sale. Those S&B were a better deal while they lasted hopefully cabelas does another steep discount. If it takes 10k primers for an 8lb of bullseye I'm gonna need to stock pile a bit more to make use of what I have.

Boolit Man
    Picked up a pound of Titegroup at the local Academy Sports. $20.99 is about the best price I can find on powder and it goes a long way towards feeding my .45XDM.

Banned

I run a bit over 3 grs of B-eye, so an 8lb jug does about 18-k rounds.

I have been stocking up on SP primers for the last little while, some here and some there.
    but I'm getting there.

Lakeview: welcome to the site hope to see more of you on here.

2lbs of unique and a lb of bullseye. Loaded up a few lee 158 rnfp over 7.5 grains of unique. Super accurate, plenty of punch. Now to cast more boolits up and fill some brass. I saw a few 8lb jugs of bullseye that were pretty hard to pass up... But I was good. Now I just need more primers to be able to match all my powder..

Boolit Grand Master

I'm pretty well stocked up but I've been seeing 4227 quite often in manuals and books when reading about the cartridges I've been interested in lately. My local Cabela's had a better selection than I've seen for awhile. Nothing I needed but I think I'll try the 4227. I know I have powders that will do the job just as well or better than 4227 but I've been in a retro mood lately.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chev. William View Post

Been rather curious about that powder. If I was more interested in pistol shooting I'd take a hard look at BE86 and CFE Pistol. I hope it works great for you, Chev. William.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Was nosing around in my favorite reloading supply store and came across a 4lb jug of Titegroup. Got it for $59.99 + tax. I wish they had more at that price.

Boolit Buddy
    I was looking for Bullseye, but can't find any local. So I grabbed a pound of Titegroup to try out in 38 sp and 45 acp.

Page 73 of 114 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast