WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 70 of 115 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2290

Thread: What Powder Did You Buy Today?

8lbs of Universal and 8lbs of H4895
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master

At gun show today saw some Bullseye and Unique @ $25 a pound was looking for H4895
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    Got a cool old can of 2400 Sunday in Potlatch. Small gun show. Can nearly full, still smells good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by Les Staley; 03-24-2016 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Picture inverted

Boolit Buddy
    Guess I better not take the lid off....will lose all that powder. Somebody teach me to rotate that photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Les Staley View Post
    Guess I better not take the lid off....will lose all that powder. Somebody teach me to rotate that photo?
    Send me the powder and I'll tell you how to fix the picture...

If it's taken from your smartphone, you probably need to flip the phone 180 deg, it looks like it might have a gyroscope set to the other direction / orientation.

I didn't buy it and I didn't get it today but on March the 18th my BD my wife bought me 6 pounds of Varget and 4 pounds of H335. $20 a pound! Some old-timer was liquidating everything he had. Health reasons from what I understand. Poor old guy, when I heard that I sent a prayer his way. I'm happy to have the powder but I feel real bad for those who have to give up their hobby because health.
    THE GUN
    The gun has been praised.
    The gun has been denounced.
    The gun has played a critical role in History.
    The gun has been implemented for good.
    The gun has been abused for evil.
    With the gun comes a great moral responsibility!
    To better understand the gun is to better under stand History. And with the gun protect your future.
    D.B

Boolit Bub
    Well looks like I'm in good shape on powder for a while.
    Stopped at Sportsman's Warehouse in Columbia again on the way home, 8# keg Unique $149 and the impossible to find 2400 3# @ $23/lb.
    I need some CCI #34 primers and I'll be in pretty good shape.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ravelode View Post
    Got a lb of 7625 for$14 it was the last powder at Fran Johnson's clearance now I'll have to figure what I can use it for
    Best powder for .38 super.

Banned

holy powder on the shelves batman!!

walked into the LGS yesterday and they 8 lb jugs of pistol powder.
    bulls-eye, red-dot, American select, green-dot, power pistol, universal, blue-dot and a couple of others.
    the wife even stopped in her tracks when she went around the corner and seen it.

I already had the red-dot in the cart and asked her feelings about spending 1-k on powder, she asked if I wanted to spend 1-k on powder or do anything else all summer.
    I must have hesitated and thought about how to get both too long,, cause I got the look.

Moderator Emeritus

About a week ago, I posted on another thread about seeing H4895 at the LGS for $27/lb...I thought I had a couple lbs at home, so I didn't buy any...when I got home and looked into my stash, it was H4831. SO yesterday in my travels, I swung by the LGS and bought the four 1lbers that were on the shelf.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

I ran into a shelf full of HP38 for $20/lb today, bought a couple pounds. It's nice to see stuff coming back again and prices settling down. I don't know how many times I've been told that $30/lb was the "new normal".

Local gun shop (finally) had Clays in stock. 4 14oz bottles on the shelf. I relieved it of 2 @ $23 each.

Boolit Grand Master
    Clays, universal clays, 2400 and blue dot. Saw unique and promo

Boolit Bub
    The Cabela's in Lubbock Tx had a price drop to $22.67 for 1lb for some of their powders in stock. I bought 2lb of BLC-2 and 1of 748.

Boolit Mold
    16 more lbs of Accurate 2200, some Norma 200 and 201.

Boolit Grand Master

I was in my local box store today (and the fishing counter girl knows me) and picked up a pound of Hodgon 700X (I saw it last week but did some research before I bought it). When I was talking to her she brought out a couple pounds of powder customers had dropped (?) and were not full so I got 3/4 lb. of IMR 4895 (I weighed it when I got home) for $5.00...
    Last edited by mdi; 04-05-2016 at 11:57 AM.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Grand Master

What Powder Did You Buy Today?

I was in SW VA ,a little north of Roanoke, last week. Took a tour of six shops in the area and didn't buy a thing. Jugs were well over $200 and saw primers as high as $50 per 100. Most were $40. Either way the prices were higher than at home. Same for the firearms.

I'm just outside Staten Island today so I won't even bother looking :P

I've been helping a friend out in liquidating a bunch of his shooting and reloading "stuff" since he is experiencing some health issues and has to scale back on things quite a bit. He was very thankful for my help so far and gifted me a lb of Re15, a lb of Re22, a lb of IMR7828, 2 lbs of IMR4198, 2 lbs of IMR4895, and a lb of IMR4064. I'll make good use of them all!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

I do believe Hades has frozen solid here, or maybe pigs are flying in flocks. I walked into my local reloading supply house and found the clerks unboxing a pallet load of Win 231. Lots and lots of big jugs, medium jugs, and bottles.
    I haven't seen any of this powder for sale in over 2 years. I bought a 4lb jug for $88. with the other powders I have on hand, this should last me a while. The 1lb jugs were $25 and the 8lb jugs were $144.
    Nice to see it in stock again at least for a little while.

Boolit Master
    My brother picked up a pound of AA1680 so I can give it a try in my 357Max. Now to find load data for 180-200 gr cast
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US