Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: What Powder Did You Buy Today?

Boolit Master

Picked up 1 pound of Reloder #17 at the Kalispell Cabellas Outpost today. Seemed to be a bit pricey to me at $29.00. compared to $22.95 at Sportsman & Ski Haus for same- except they have not had it in stock for several months. Hard to call it gouging when they charge 20% more, but they have it. I suppose we will see higher prices if our first pick stores start getting powder on the shelf in the next months.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Found a (not-so) LGS that has IMR PB, 700-X & 800-X. Could only spring for 1# of 800-X for $23.30, but seriously considering going back for some PB. Left behind 1# of 800, 2# of 700, and 4# of PB.

Boolit Master

I was doing a RSO day at the gun club last Saturday. One of the other members working ask me if I reloaded? I said yes. He had just bought a reloading set-up from someone, and stated that he had more powder than he could use. Really!!!!!!! "thinking to myself"
    He ask if shotgun powder could be used for other things. I said yes, it can be used for pistol/handgun loads. Again, he said that he had more powder than he could use. I said that he could use it for trading, or sell it. He didn't want to. He said for me to give him my phone number, and he would call me with what the powder was. Now remember, I told him that he could load it or use it for swapping, or sell it.
    He called me last night with the information. It was Green Dot, and Red Dot. I went over to his house today. He gave me an unopened 8 lb. keg of Green Dot, and a partially used 1 lb. can of Red Dot. I felt abliged to stay and BS for a couple of hours.
    I will be set for reloading for my wife's 38 special and my 45 ACP cartridges for a long spell.
    I tried, I really tried, but how could I say no to that?
    Jack

Way to go Jack! I just got a pound of IMR4227 and a pound of IMR4198 from Bi-Mart.

Free powder is hard to beat!

Congrats!

Walter
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Picked up 2 lbs of unobtainium. (Unique) lgs had 4, left some for the next guy. Clean livin!

Boolit Master
    I was lucky enough to pick up a couple of jugs of SR-4759 at the LGS and they had a bunch of the stuff, I just wish my billfold was heavier so I could have got more but ,,, oh well.

Maybe next week I can pick up a tad more afore it disappears for good...
    i.m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..... i really love to watch them roll ,,,, J,W,L.

Boolit Buddy

2 pounds of Unique.
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.

Boolit Buddy
    A good day...and pretty good prices!!

Boolit Master
    not today but last Friday I picked up 2lbs of WAP and 1lb of IMR4350 in a trade with a member here

Boolit Master
    I'm not looking for any powder but just for the heck of it I checked powder valley's on line inventory. They are virtually out of every rifle, pistol, and shotgun powder. Never dreamt I'd see things go this dry.

Picked up a pound of IMR SR-4759 plus 1k large rifle primers down in Florida
    Last edited by zidave; 04-23-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Half the year in Canada and the other half in Mexico
    Got Lucky on 3 lbs of 3031; 2 lbs of 800X ; and 1 lb Red Dot
    Good for a bit on 32 special and 45 Colt.
    Doc

Found a can of Pro Reach , that I'd been looking for to test some 28 gauge loads, for 23.95 at a LGS. Most of the powders they had were very reasonable, not like one of the San Antonio shops I was in the other day. Paid 40 bucks for a can of 4350. If I hadn't needed it for the grand daughters 257 Roberts, I'd have left it on the shelf.

Boolit Master

LGS had some 5744 so I did get 1 pound. Out of everything else I needed.

Boolit Grand Master

I was a little over an hour away for work today so I stopped in at a shop that I had never been to. And I won't be going back there. Plenty of selection. Powder ranged from $38-$47 a pound, limit 2#s. Primers were $45 per k and you were limited to 1k. You could also buy Glocks for $100 over MSRP. I honestly wonder how shops like this stay in business w/ the internet around. There were three other shops w/in fifteen minutes of this one so they aren't the only game in town. I guess if people really need it then it's there.

Boolit Mold
    Mu LGS has a 8lb jug of IMR 4227 but at #239.00 plus tax I'll pass.

20lbs of AA2200 shipped to my door for less than $20/lb. Coupon code at Midway ate the shipping, hazmat and some of the balance.
    To much work, not enough time for guns.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lmfd20 View Post
    20lbs of AA2200 shipped to my door for less than $20/lb. Coupon code at Midway ate the shipping, hazmat and some of the balance.
    What code? I'm going to order some stuff from them...again.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    they had been running specials all week but i did not see a shipping code maybe I missed it, sign up on Midways email list to get the deals

231 -H110 still need others but powder is hard to find in NW Ohio. Hope there's powder at Camp Perry this year it goes fast.

Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast