Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication
Page 5 of 114 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What Powder Did You Buy Today?

Boolit Master
    No joy in mudville tonight. My SGS that I "Allways" go to for exerything let me down. No BLC2 - Varget - H322.

Been hunting Pistol Powder for the last month. Was in MS this w/e and snagged a pound of IMR sr4756 for the low price of $33.75 more than I wanted to pay but beggars can't be choosers. Left 2 more pounds for others.. Just a bit of other Rifle Powder on their shelves.

Drove 150 miles (one way) to my local Cabela's. No powder available for sale. Limited selection of bullets and primers.

Banned

8 pounds of Promo and some small rifle primers to round out the order.

I heard so much about Lil' Gun that I had to go out and get a pound. Picked up a pound of 4198 too. $26 each

Boolit Grand Master

Five 8 oz cans of SR4756, 1 pound of Hercules red Dot, 1 pound H4831, 1Pound 4064 and a couple hundred 06 mil brass
    Charter Member #148

Banned

sr-4756/59 has been every where lately.
    for a discontinued powder they sure are making a lot of it.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by yoter View Post
    Drove 150 miles (one way) to my local Cabela's. No powder available for sale. Limited selection of bullets and primers.
    It would be cheaper to order online and you know if it's in stock when you order it...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    sr-4756/59 has been every where lately.
    for a discontinued powder they sure are making a lot of it.
    4759 was plentiful and has dried up around here. Most of the stores were unaware that it was discontinued. Probably shouldn't have told them because I'm positive one of them held back an eight pounder that I wanted to buy. 4756 on the other hand has made it's way back onto the shelves. IMR powders are more plentiful than other brands at the moment. This could be the last batch of SR powders which is why you're seeing a lot of them.

Boolit Master

My local gun store called me today to let me know that my 8# SR4759 came in. Mine was one of the only powders that came in. I will pick it up tomorrow. I was hoping for a lower price by buying an 8 pounder. In today's climate I guess that is not likely to happen. At any rate the cost is $190. That figures to be about the same per pound as I used to pay for one pound. No real bargain but now I got some at least.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

I got in 8 lbs of 4759 today that was back ordered from Brownell's. That puts me at well over a lifetime supply. My daughter better like to shoot and cast bullets is all I gotta say.
    At one with the gun.

Banned
    Been seeking pistol/shotgun powders recently with very little luck. There is some supply of the slower rifle powders but even those are hit & miss. Now, primers are back in stock and .22 rimfire is becoming a common sight again. Factory ammo, particularly rifle cartridges, is very expensive but available.

If I had to guess and it would be nothing more than a pure guess;.... I think we may be seeing the last stage of the factory ammunition and reloading components drought. Factory loaded ammo is back on the shelves but at a high price. The market will correct itself and those prices will drop when people stop buying it just because it's available again.

Most reloading components (except powder) are becoming available again. Projectiles, both commercial cast and commercial FMJ are available. Primers seem to be available fairly consistently and most types of brass can be found.
    As for powder, the impact on the local supply was a bit strange. When the factory ammo and primers dried up there was still powder on the shelves. Now loaded ammo & primers are back but the powder supply has dried up? Not sure what's going on there? Maybe people didn't hoard the powder as much in the early days of the panic? I don't know.

Boolit Master

Sorry to say but I believe the current prices are here to stay. The economics of reloading have been reset, so to speak. The demand will still be there. Just not as hard.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Man

Last Saturday bought, A can of 4198,3031, and 8208XBR. Saturday before that a can of Alliant Steel, 4198, 2 cans of Trail Boss.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cassidy View Post
    Sorry to say but I believe the current prices are here to stay. The economics of reloading have been reset, so to speak. The demand will still be there. Just not as hard.
    You may be correct. However, In the words of the Zen Buddha Master from Charlie Wilson's War, "We'll See"

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...2DCE25DB11278E
    Last edited by Petrol & Powder; 04-02-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Boolit Master
    I like seeing powders I am deep with sell out in 26mins on gunbot, kinda validates spending and selling off everything I did to get where I am

btw still addicted to powder aahahah

Boolit Buddy
    4 lbs 7625 and 2 lbs BLC-2

LGS just called. Two lbs of H4895 are waiting for me.
    $24 a can.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Grand Master

Two pounds of H380 for some reason.

Boolit Man

5 pounds of Blue Dot !

Page 5 of 114 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast