RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 49 of 115 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast

Thread: What Powder Did You Buy Today?

Finally found one pound of Reloader 7. Been looking locally for a year.

Boolit Bub
    At a large gun show the only powder in the place was an 8 lb keg of Bullseye. Saw it Friday night. Came back this morning, still there so I took it. Probably paid too much and don't need it anytime soon but oh well.

Boolit Master

Bought a pound of W748.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

My "local" powder supplier had a good supply of a number of different powders. I got a 4lb jug of Titegroup for $61, a 8lb jug of bullseye for $119, and 5000 small pistol primers for $30/K.
    The prices were too good to pass up.
    That should hold me for a while.

Generous Donator

3#'s of 2400 at the Chehalis gun show. No other powders I need.

Got 4lbs of 2400 at Scheels yesterday. The guy told me since I had my brother with me he can give me 2 extra pounds then just 2lbs per a person .It was the one in Cedar Falls Iowa. The guy said they had just got it in just a day or 2 ago.Did not see this powder for some time around here.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Hi...

Had some time to kill after going out to breakfast with my son, so we drove out to the only local gunshop that is open this Sunday.
    No pistol powders available, but I did find Federal Large pistol primers for $29.98/thousand. I have plenty and now I have 1K more.
    Also picked up two 50rd boxes of Blazer brass .40S&W 180gr factory loads for $14.99 ea. not a bad deal to acquire another 100pcs of brass, plus I get to shoot another 100 rounds.

I am going to order the case and bullet feeders for my new Hornady LNL next weekend, so a few more cases will come in real handy in a couple of weeks when I get this Hornady unit up and running. I expect it will take that long to get a new bench set up and the press and feeders installed and adjusted. I have decided to buy a new bench from Sam's Club, rather than build another. They sell a very nice powder coated steel-framed unit with a hardwood bench top for right around $200. it has adjustable leveling feet and is rated at 1000 pounds. 6ft x 25", so plenty big enough and it weighs 200lbs. Once anchored to the wall studs it should be plenty stable enough to run rifle rounds through the LNL, which is what my son is looking forward to. He shoots a lot of .223 and wants to load his own for the AR he built earlier this year.

Not quite sure which caliber to set up first, I just bought new Hornady dies for my new M&P .40S&W a few weeks ago. We go through a lot of 9mm, .45ACP and .357Mag, so I have a bit of a dilemma as to which caliber to start with. Eventually, we will be loading .38Spl and then the larger bore revolver rounds on the Hornady LNL, as well.

Case feeder dies and shell plates are another expense with this set-up and none of them are free. I also intend to buy all new die sets for all the handgun calibers to use on the LNL, so each caliber will require a new die set.

i have a big learning curve coming with this progressive which should just about match the expense.

Boolit Buddy
    1 lb each Tightwad, AR comp, CFE pistol and 5744. A shop was going out of business and bought 3 of the 4 for 15.00 a pound the 5744 was from Scheels and was reg price. All but the CFE pistol are new to me, so time to experiment.
    Tony

Banned

snagged another jug of green-dot, a couple of pounds of red-dot, and 3 pounds of 800-x.
    I could see where the 2400 had been on the shelf and was a bit disappointed in missing that one.
    I have been seeing a pretty good selection of powders here and there and more rifle powders staying on the shelf longer.
    the prices are higher and hodgdons prices seem to be climbing towards vitahvouri status.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun
    the prices are higher and hodgdons prices seem to be climbing towards vitahvouri status.
    That will just make the switch to cleaner burning better powders that much easier

Banned

yessir.
    I'm getting away from hodgdons powders for the most part and have been for quite a while now. [I think 4831-sc and H-414 are the only ones I'm still actually using]

if I could just get alliant, and accurate powders there would be no tears shed around here.

Boolit Master
    Yep one of my biggest issues is the lack of Alliant but most note able Accurate.

Moderator Emeritus

Cabelas online has Alliant 2400 in 1 lb. containers in stock as of today, 11:45 AM central time. I just bought 3 lbs! Tt.
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

Boolit Master
    Prices are all over the price here. Even the same shop will sell 1 and 8# for completely different prices. Being that the 1# ends up cheaper than 8

Quote Originally Posted by khmer6 View Post
    Prices are all over the price here. Even the same shop will sell 1 and 8# for completely different prices. Being that the 1# ends up cheaper than 8
    I see that all the time. Usually there is also a limit on powder such that you either can buy two 1#ers or one 4 or 8 #ers for a higher rate. Fun times.

Banned

and rifle powders bounce around from 181 to 189 from week to week.
    seems high, but that's still in the 23 dollar per pound area.

Moderator Emeritus

After months and months of powder drought, both locally and online, in the last two days I have been able to buy 3# of 2400, 8# of Unique and today, 8# of HS-6!

Are the manufacturers finally getting caught up on the faster burning powders?
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

Boolit Master
    Are the manufacturers finally getting caught up on the faster burning powders? = nope

8LB jug of Unique, got raped on the price, but don't have to look anymore.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    1lb. 2400, 11 oz. Bullseye, 13 oz. Unique, 1 lb. H 4198.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0521151624.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	140138