Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 45 of 115 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast

Thread: What Powder Did You Buy Today?

Boolit Master
    Thanks STEVES for the Natchez heads up. Just went there and got 8 lb of green dot and to my amazement they had 8 lb of herco in stock just below it. I have been looking for the herco for over a year.

Boolit Grand Master

Bought some Unique and Titegroup. Would have bought more but this store still has limits. No one seems to be getting in eight pounders.

Found a 1lb.er of VihtaVuori 3N37 $40 bucks but doesn't take much powder to build 9mm luger. Love that VV powder, now if I can just find some more N110 GP

Gun show. Picked up 1 lb. of 4198 for $27 and 1k small rifle primers for $32. They had some fairly useful powders, even a few 8#. Saw 4064 in both 1 & 8 lbs. and that is equivalent to Varget. Nothing really for pistol powder.

I will add that I saw the same 1# of 4198 on tables with price tags of $35. Matter of fact the people I purchased from said they had put a stop to other vendors buying their powder and marking it up.

Saw .22 LR for $18 per 100 rnd. Greentip box of bullets for reloading had been marked down from $85 to $80 per 250 at one table. I went elsewhere and bought some fmj 55 gr. going for 100 @ $10 which was pretty much the going rate at the reasonable vendors.
    Last edited by RogerDat; 04-11-2015 at 10:34 AM.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    local Bimart here in Oregon had powder the last couple of days. Looks like each store got 100 pounds of IMR 4064 at$23 a pound, and IMR 4198 for about the same. Picked up a few bottles of 4064, and 4198 over the last couple of days. Limit 1 pound per purchase so I drug my wife along. They still have 4064 on the shelf, and may for a few days so I will have to hit it up a few more times.

Boolit Master
    Just saw a bunch of powder at cabelas in Glendale an hour ago. All rifle powders. Not for me but for anyone that's looking! Lots of the popular powders too not insecure 50bmg stuff lol

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks STEVES for the Natchez heads up. Just went there and got 8 lb of green dot and to my amazement they had 8 lb of herco in stock just below it. I have been looking for the herco for over a year.
    Your welcome Jim, I hope the prices were good.

Boolit Master
    Pistol and shotgun powders have been unobtainium in my area for a while.

I stopped at Sportsmans Warehouse the other day and asked for Trailboss, Unique and 2400.

They said that they have not seen TB for months but brought out a pound each of Unique and 2400. I never asked the price, I just said I'll take them. He said that they had a keg of Unique too, but I thought that I would leave it for the next guy.

They charged $21 and $22 for the Unique and 2400, which is pretty reasonable.

I have been getting by using old stocks of powder that were picked up from old timers. Powders 40 or 50 years old are mostly just fine. I have only had to dump a couple cans due to deterioration and one canister of shotgun powder that got wet.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Your welcome Jim, I hope the prices were good.
    On Sale $ 125.99 each for the 8 pounders

Got my order from PV in today. I'm a happy camper.
    Krav Maga Instructor
    Defensive Tactics Instructor for Public Safety Personnel
    Empty Handed Gun Disarming Instructor

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - infantry journal

I picked up 8 pounds of 2400 this weekend at the Tulsa gunshow. I'm a happy boy.

Quote Originally Posted by hendere View Post
    I picked up 8 pounds of 2400 this weekend at the Tulsa gunshow. I'm a happy boy.
    That's sweet! I haven't seen that anywhere!
    Krav Maga Instructor
    Defensive Tactics Instructor for Public Safety Personnel
    Empty Handed Gun Disarming Instructor

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - infantry journal

Banned

it's been creeping out of the wood work slowly.
    I have noticed the new stuff is a lot darker in color and the last batch I checked was also heavier when run through my same powder dump setting as the older brown colored stuff.
    indicating the powder is denser.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm starting to get angry. Prices have always been higher. But a jug of H4895 was marked w/ a sale price of $220. Varget was $34. All prices were up from two weeks ago. There is no discount for buying an eight pounder. W/ the prices you guys are posting I know I'm being ripped off here. Can't wait for PV to have what I want in stock because they are cheaper for an eight pounder even w/ shipping and hazmat.

Boolit Master
    Yup! Buying 5 and 8# kegs sometimes cost moee than the 1# jugs!!! Ridiculous. But gotta shop around these days and do a ton more comparative shopping. Gotta hit a few different places Cuz one has high price but cheap on other powder and the other store has certain other powders for less. Blah!

Boolit Grand Master

I always shop around. This particular shop is usually one of the cheaper ones. I've also been able to get what I want throughout the shortage. They gave me a sob story about a month ago about how they're barely making any money on the powder. I'm not buying it w/ what they charge. I had no issues paying $25 a pound. I won't pay $34 w/ no break for bulk. Thankfully I don't really need any. I feel sorry for new reloaders in the area that don't realize they're being bent over.

3 #s of unique, 1 # of green dot 23.99 a #.

Banned

seen some bulls-eye out on the shelf today, but grabbed another 2 lbs of H-414 instead.
    I had some IMR-4831 and some I-4064 in the cart for about a minute then put them back.

I may regret the 4831 it's about the best slow end powder I have seen available yet.
    and I'm beginning to think RL-19 is never gonna be made again.
    I have seen 7-10-12-15-17 and 22 out [heck I seen it today] but no 19.

Boolit Master

8 lbs of Varget and 16lbs of WC844

3# of wait for it....... 2400 at less than $20 ea. if you don't count the hazmat. Even with hazmat under $30 since I also bought some primers. Just bought it from 3rd generation they even had 8# jugs. I have had a couple of lbs. of that stuff on backorder from Lohman's since last July. I just wanted to try some .357 and light loads for .303 British with it. Hopefully the wait will have been worth it. Guess if I don't like it I can always trade 2# of it for a Bass Boat & Trailer.
    Last edited by RogerDat; 04-17-2015 at 06:31 PM.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat