Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 32 of 114 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast

Thread: What Powder Did You Buy Today?

Banned

4 lb'er of Tightgroup. I am buying whatever I can find with the money on hand. I am never going to get caught short again. Now just to find 2400. Down to 8 lbs.

Boolit Master
    Hi...

I bought 1lb of Unique today. LGS has at least eight 1lb containers on the shelf. $19.99/lb.
    My personal stash of Unique is now at four unopened 1lbers.
    They also had Bullseye, GreenDot and a couple other handgun powders.
    I remain in good shape powder-wise for my handgun reloading.

Every LGS I stopped at today had a good supply of .22LR in various configurations.
    My son bought a 500rd brick of Federal Match for $39.99. Not great prices, but he is happy to have a brick of his own to run through his H&K carbine. He is concerned that it might not cycle the action...if it doesn't I'll trade him a brick out of my stash and try the Match ammo in my Dan Wesson revolver.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    4 lb'er of Tightgroup. I am buying whatever I can find with the money on hand. I am never going to get caught short again. Now just to find 2400. Down to 8 lbs.
    8lbs 2400, what was your address again? You gonna be home later?

Banned

Don't worry about the dog, The cats are the ones that will kill you!

Boolit Master
    The tea leaves were reading pretty clear at least 3 years ago, so started buying, if possible, in 5 & 8 lb jugs. I quit messing around with this, that or the other LGS shelf queen 1 pounders on sale. Also, I quit the "here today gone tomorrow" types. So now down to a handful of powders that cover everything I shoot. The only powder I've bought in the last few days is a few lbs of Benchmark.

Boolit Buddy
    not today but in the past week 3 lb red dot ,1 lb bullseye at 24.95 per lb, and a 9oz jug of trailboss for 14.95, I probably should have bought a few more of the trailboss but ive never used it before and just wanted to try it out
    Last edited by sandman228; 12-29-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman228 View Post
    not today but in the past week 3 lb red dot ,1 lb bullseye at 24.95 per lb, and a 9oz jug of trailboss for 14.95, I probably should have bought a few more of the trailboss but ive never used it before and just wanted to try it out
    Yep you should have! That's my favorite powder in 45-70.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Banned

I seen the 4 pounders of titegroup stacked on the shelves too, and some titewad and long-shot and a couple of others.
    I didn't buy any, thought about the titegroup for a minute or so, but finally passed.
    whomever buy's it might not buy the powder I'm looking for next time....[shrug]

Boolit Master
    Happy dance today!! Went in the Local Sportsmans warehouse and low and behold there sat some Accurate 1680. Two pounds of that came home with me. I should be set on powders for a while now. They also had 5744 and several other powders on the shelf. I was decent shape except for the 1680.

Banned

Stopped at a friends house today. Tells me he sold his 44 mag. Then asks me if I want any 2400. AH!!! Ya!! 2 unopened bottles!!!

Boolit Master
    6 lbs of steel and 1 lb of longshot

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Stopped at a friends house today. Tells me he sold his 44 mag. Then asks me if I want any 2400. AH!!! Ya!! 2 unopened bottles!!!
    Please send your friends name and address. Also what gun I have to buy to get free Bullseye.
    °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
    A Closed Mouth Gathers No Toes

"When I get to heaven, Tie me to a tree,
    Else I'll get to wandering, Then you know just where I'll be"
    (Ben Rumson, Feb 19, 1924 - Aug 29, 1987)

I see titegroup sitting on the shelf for much longer lately. Bullseye took a few days to sell out a couple of weeks ago around here. I'm hoping this is a good sign. The bad thing is that I've been so low on the fast burning stuff that I've shot up most of my 2400 in the last year. I sure hope that shows up soon.

Boolit Grand Master

2lbs of Trailboss, they had a dozen or more, and a lb of w296. One shop i went into had a shelf of 4895 but i dont use it so left it all. The same place had every variation of gp 100's i could think of, many redhawks and several blackhawks including a 357/9mm convertable at $530 i had to breath deep to not pull out plastic for
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Quote Originally Posted by MattOrgan View Post
    Todd,

Basically every rifle cartridge for velocities over about 1200 fps. I find it easy to ignite, not position sensitive, fills the case well, and accurate especially in .30 caliber and above at velocities I normally shoot at. I believe it is the best mid-range cast bullet powder, but many champion others. I was just thrilled to see three pounds at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Wenatchee. Especially since it is reportedly been discontinued for the second time. The last time I bought 4759 was at Lolo Sporting Goods in Lewiston, ID. It was sitting on a shelf at a deep discount and I bought all 24 pounds. I guess I know why DuPont discontinued it both times. The clerk asked me what I wanted it for! I'm on my last pound of that purchase from the late 70s or early 80s. It's always frightened me that DuPont also sold 4756. I had a friend lock a bolt closed on a 98 Mauser by confusing the two. That has always made me store the two powders in seperate locations.

The last two LYMAN cast bullet guides have the most data. I've also used it with great success in a .30/06 using pulled .311 7.62x39 bullets for mid range loads.
    Matt
    PS: Older Speer Manuals (#9 or 10) list 4759 for a lot of their jacketed bullets under "reduced" loads. Great, safe reduced loads for kids etc. And you can extrapolate that data for cast.
    Thanks Matt! I received a pound of 4759 for Christmas from my FIL, cant wait to load some 45-70 with it! with temps in the teens currently I will have to wait for at least 30 degrees. (I load in an uninsulated garage.)
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Buddy
    Tomme boy, I can '' handle'' the cats. lol

Boolit Master

This is the first I have seen of BE86. I got 4 lbs but gave one to a friend of mine. If I had the money I would have probably bought much more.
    At one with the gun.

Banned

Sweet! I really want to try that. Put a post up when you do. Let us know how it is compared to regular BE.

Vendor Sponsor

4 lbs Varget
    2 lbs 4064
    3 lbs 4198
    1 lb 4227
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    1lb of Reloader 7... saving up to make a 25lb order of Ye Holy Black from Powder Inc.

Page 32 of 114 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast