Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What Powder Did You Buy Today?

Boolit Master

Picked up a 1 pound jug of Winchester 748 in Snappy Sport Senter in Kalispell yesterday afternoon. They had a 1 limit so I could not get the 2nd jug they had. Had to pay $27.00 for the pound of 748.

What was left when I departed was (1) H50BMG, (1) US869, (1) W748, and (1) W296.

Last week I bought a 14oz jug of Hi-Skor 700X at Cabella's in Kalispell to use as a booster in Duplex Loading with my stash of W860 and W872. Had to give $29.00 for that 14Oz jug. Have wanted to pick up Unique for last 2 years, but no luck. I only have 1/2 pound left in Unique.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Buddy
    Picked up 4 1 pounders of Unique at a local shop. I left 4 on the shelf. Anyone in the Ark-La-Tex area in need it let me know in a PM. He also had power pro 2000 and 4000 along with a bunch of Winchester AA feather lite and a little green dot.
    If you say you can't, you probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    When are you going to jump on the heavy bullet and Retumbo or Ramshot bandwagon. I'm getting 3110 FPS, very minimal vertical, and outstanding accuracy out to 1,000 yds. I get sooted necks even after I've annealed multiple times, but the accuracy, SD, ES and vertical are so fantastic that I'm not changing anything.

ETA: I'm not even at the max charge.
    When this barrel is shot out - I have a fast twist 243 shilen barrel in the wings but I'm not done with this one yet. Besides I have about 800 87 grain bullets left in the cupboard
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Mold
    I wish I had found that Varget, I burned up 4 1# cans loading 1/2 of my 223s this winter!

Boolit Buddy
    Picked up three 1# containers of Unique last week for myself and a friend.

Boolit Master
    Bought 3 pounds of N105 today.
    East Tennessee

Banned
    I picked up a lb of unique and a lb of red dot for $59.90 today

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    I picked up a lb of unique and a lb of red dot for $59.90 today
    Ouch.

I passed on 5 pounders of RE 19, sorry Lloyd, and 8 pounders of either H110 or 296.

I did get 5 K Win small pistol primers for 150 bucks plus tax.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Buddy
    I picked up 1 lb of 4227 yesterday at a local gun shop . then today at another local gun shop I saw 4 -1 lb containers of pb on the shelf and I snagged them all . I know I should have left 1 or 2 for someone else but ever since I heard that pb is on the go away list I grab every container of it I can find. they also had 2 containers of blue dot on the shelf im wishing now I would have grabbed 1 of those as well .

Boolit Grand Master

Didn't buy anything today but I'm at 44#s over the past three weeks. I'm transferring a pistol tomorrow morning so I will most likely be coming home w/ more. I'm set for a good amount of time but I really need to increase my LR primer stock. I know I can buy all I want tomorrow, at $50 per thousand. So I will not be buying any

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I am still working on a 15 pound keg of Bullseye I boughtvduring the panic when Jimmy Carter was elected.

Unique, 1 lb. First one ive seen around here in about a year

Not today but last week... 8 lb kegs of SR4759 and 4227. Found em at Gamaliel shooter supply (online order.)
    Last edited by Standardgewehr; 03-16-2014 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Autocorrect correction!

58lbs of powder, 1300lbs lead, and 27,000 primers. I can weather the storm for a bit.....
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master
    I loaded up back before the 2nd term election, my local gunshop had everything a guy could ask for, and they also have Layaway, that's a big plus to me! I got #4 of w296, I4064, i4895, and 2k each of large rifle, small rifle, small pistol, and large pistol. All for the low price of $415, and I had 6 months to pay it out! They still have a lot of components, but the prices are inflated by far!

Local guy sold me 2 lbs of Bullseye the other day at $20 each. Course I slipped him a 20 lb bar of linotype. Seems all Alliant is hen's teeth these days.

Gun show yesterday had Unique 8 pound jugs for $110. Had I known it was that hard to come by, I would have grabbed it. I bought a pound last week for $16.

Boolit Grand Master

Nothing today since they had no powders I was interested in. Their selection was the worst I've seen it in months. I was told they have more coming in this week but that didn't help me today

Boolit Man
    I jave done petty good recently. Got h110 and some blue dot at bass pro, ran across some 2400 at a pawn shop, got titegroup at outdoor junction in cookeville (they had a couple cases). No problems finding rifle powder at all.

Boolit Mold
    Had a gun show today and got some much needed powder
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails powder 043.jpg  

Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast