Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 61 of 114 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2280

Thread: What Powder Did You Buy Today?

Boolit Bub
    Ordered 16 pounds of W748 from Grafs, Have just started reloading for a new AR and can use 748 for my 308 loads.

Mason Gun show which runs though Sunday.... Varget, H335, and 4895 @ 2# of each. Along with a pound each of BL-C(2) and 4198. That and some primers and brass. Now I'm not going to care if the snows I'm set for the time being to be able to keep busy at the bench.

There was a couple of vendors of reloading supplies and one of equipment. This was Reloaders World table which had the most and better prices generally. They had plenty of pistol and rifle powder. In addition to what I bought there was W748, Titegroup, HS-6, TAC and several others. Alliant was the only brand in short supply. There was another vendor with ammo and some powder but Jerry Voorhees has always been good to deal with. Even during the shortage was not a gouger.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-11-20 18.15.08.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	153829

I was there when the three day show opened Friday and tables were still getting set up. Saw an 8# of TAC on my way out but not something I need (or had money left to buy anyway!)
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    I have dealt with Jerry Vorhees, too, at the Kalamazoo gun show. He has decent prices.
    yesterday, I got 1# Unique, 1# 2400, 1# WSF, and some primers at a lgs. powder was $21-$22 /#

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Etr7.

Banned
    i got a lb of rel7 and a case(1000) of large rifle and large pistol primers at grices gun store in clearfield, pa. i wanted to get a few lbs of trail boss and 2400 but there was none there.

3 lbs of Lil'Gun for some more load variety in 300BO and 458 Socom

Boolit Buddy

4 lbs of Titegroup......used $40 of NRA $ (match winnings) and $26.66 out of the wallet. Overall $17.50/lb. Good price for the times!

Boolit Master
    Red Dot and HP38. Reasonable prices too.

Boolit Master

I didn't buy this, I already had it. I was in search of powder that I could not find but knew I had. Low and behold I found a pound and a half of WW231. I had a four pound can and filled previous 1 pound cans to the brim to get rid of the larger can.

Boolit Master

just ordered 8lb. of 3031. should feed my 45-70 for some time

Boolit Master
    Finally found some Varget at Cabela's. Bought four lbs.

Boolit Buddy

CSB-1 on sale from American Reloading. 8# $156.75 after discount, free shipping and a Hoodie.

Boolit Man
    2 Lbs of lil gun from my LGS

My neighbor decided to get out of reloading so I "inherited" his remaining powder. I bought, at a reduced price, slightly over 8 lb of CFE pistol from him. He liked the powder and had just purchased a new jug a few months before, but never opened it. I am now set up for at least 2 years worth of reloading for my 38 special and 9mm as I managed to get a jug of WST and a jug of Bullseye a couple of months ago. The Bullseye and WST cover my target shooting and most practice. The CFE pistol covers the full power loads.
    Now all I need to do is make sure my primer stash is in line with my powder supply.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    My neighbor decided to get out of reloading so I "inherited" his remaining powder. I bought, at a reduced price, slightly over 8 lb of CFE pistol from him. He liked the powder and had just purchased a new jug a few months before, but never opened it. I am now set up for at least 2 years worth of reloading for my 38 special and 9mm as I managed to get a jug of WST and a jug of Bullseye a couple of months ago. The Bullseye and WST cover my target shooting and most practice. The CFE pistol covers the full power loads.
    Now all I need to do is make sure my primer stash is in line with my powder supply.
    Let us know what you find with the CFE Pistol and 38sp if you would as in charge weights, etc. I've not seen a great deal of real world results with that powder yet.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    @jonp I've tested the CFE pistol in my 38 and it shot just fine. I tested 4 powders at the same time, didn't notice any major differences other than the titegroup had a bit more kick. I followed the reloading data from Hodgon site for 158 gr and went right in the middle for load data.

Boolit Grand Master

Did you test for velocity by chance? Not a big big deal to me but I'm curious how it stacks up.

Boolit Master
    I have not picked up a chrono yet sorry, I am still new to reloading. I've used it successfully in 38 and 45 though, cycled the 1911 action just fine.

I have previously tested CFE pistol in 38 special, 9mm, and 40S&W. Using the charge weights from the Hodgdon data site and using my chrony I found the velocities listed on the site to be right on. In all cartridges I was within10-25 fps of what the site showed for any particular charge weight.
    Accuracy was very good to excellent. With 5.0 grains in the 38 special under a Lyman 358477 I was getting super groups. Under 1 inch at 10 yards rested which for me is outstanding.
    It seems to be a very clean burning powder. As yet I have nothing bad to day about it.
    That's why I didn't hesitate to buy the jug.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    I have previously tested CFE pistol in 38 special, 9mm, and 40S&W. Using the charge weights from the Hodgdon data site and using my chrony I found the velocities listed on the site to be right on. In all cartridges I was within10-25 fps of what the site showed for any particular charge weight.
    Accuracy was very good to excellent. With 5.0 grains in the 38 special under a Lyman 358477 I was getting super groups. Under 1 inch at 10 yards rested which for me is outstanding.
    It seems to be a very clean burning powder. As yet I have nothing bad to day about it.
    That's why I didn't hesitate to buy the jug.
    I should not have been in quite a hurry typing up my question but I had a 50ft ditch to dig for an underground power line. I should have said "how does the velocity compare with the posted data in your real world testing" or something to the effect. Thanks for putting up the answer, tazman

Page 61 of 114 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast