Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 47 of 114 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast

Thread: What Powder Did You Buy Today?

Boolit Master
    Herco is my No. 1 powder for 12 gauge and pistols. If you have the old loading manuals ( pdf's of many are available free online) you can find many pistol loads for herco. It is a fluffy powder and it is impossible to double charge most pistol cartridges.

Boolit Master
    I picked up a pound of Reloader 7 the other day at a gun shop just about a mile from my home. $30. He has a lot of powder available and all are right around $30. Also has some Unique in 4 lb jugs. $145 I think. Also got an RCBS powder measure stand and can't figure how to get an RCBS powder measure on it. The threaded part of the measure is not long enough to pass through the stand which is not threaded. I will call RCBS on this.

OK did not have to call them, got it figured out.
    Last edited by dragonrider; 04-27-2015 at 11:31 PM.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Buddy

Eight pounds of 700X because I was out, and like it for 45ACP and 9mm. A pound of 296 because it was there.
    Gary

Takeoffs are optional, landings are manditory.

8# keg of H4350, 2# of RL7, 1# RL15, and 1# 4166, ordered from powder valley, to be delivered tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bassnbuck View Post
    If you buy the 8#er and can't hit a dime at 600 yards, send it to me for proper disposal.
    After ordering 3# of Unique, 3# tightgroup, and this 3# of 2400 who has a dime left to aim at? But if it does not work out I figure I can use it on the tomato plants as fertilizer. Just Kidding, no hating!

When 2400 showed delivered on the UPS tracking site today I called home and had wife open the box and confirm the stuff was really there. Then I went back to work with a dopey grin the rest of the day.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

One pound of W 296 for my .44 mag. It was the only pistol powder I could find at local Cabela's.

Boolit Grand Master

I should have stayed off Wideners site

Boolit Master

Found 2# of AA 2495 that I haven't seen since 2010. $30/LB

Also captured a pound of the rare AA1680. Magical BLK dust. I had to pay $38 for this, but I have it.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Banned

38?????? American dollars?
    you gotta be..............me...

I'm gonna have to post an[other] armed guard on the reloading room.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 762 shooter View Post
    Found 2# of AA 2495 that I haven't seen since 2010. $30/LB

Also captured a pound of the rare AA1680. Magical BLK dust. I had to pay $38 for this, but I have it.

Plenty of 2495 down here. Still 20 dollars for 1# never used it prior. But I like it! May have to switch from h335

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    38?????? American dollars?
    you gotta be..............me...

I'm gonna have to post an[other] armed guard on the reloading room.
    Yes American Dollars.

Increased my cost per shot by $0.01 per round. I can stand it.

It am what it am.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Master
    I have never been that attached to a particular powder, myself. My sickness runs the other way. I have been known to buy rifles just to shoot up cheap powder and projectiles.

I just shot my first reloads using Promo. Accuracy was fine out of my rifles (cast) and handguns. Function was fine in my autoloaders. My 45 ACP cases were dirty as I've ever seen them, but the fact I have 8 lbs for 100.00 puts a great big smile on my face.
    Last edited by gloob; 04-28-2015 at 10:59 PM.

Banned

I'd have probably paid it too... maybe.
    I really like 1680 for some of my revolvers. [especially the super-mags]

I looked at some imr-4895 for a minute today and would have bought it, but the wife come bugging me about the Ruger American in 300 b.o. she finally found on the rack.
    of course it needed a scope. [vortex]
    and the girl needed some boots....jeez.

Boolit Grand Master

Last Saturday, scored 14 ounces of 700X at local Cabela's , $20.99 for it , that was the only pistol powder on the shelves. There were 6 or 8 bottles....maybe I should have bought another....Can't nobody call me a hoarder! When you poor you can't afford hoarding!

Boolit Master
    Can't nobody call me a hoarder! When you poor you can't afford hoarding!
    LOL, good one. But... did you need that 1 lb can, right now?

We are ALL hoarders, and we will be hoarders as long as supply of components is not consistent. Imagine if all the stores started running out of alcohol or cigarettes. The run would be astounding.

When "preppers" start talking about using 22LR as currency, I laugh. If you want to be rich in the post-apocalypse, stock up on booze, cigarettes, and coffee.

1 pound of unique and 1 pound of 2400 but I pay dearly for them, $30 a pound…
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Quote Originally Posted by gloob View Post
    When "preppers" start talking about using 22LR as currency, I laugh. If you want to be rich in the post-apocalypse, stock up on booze, cigarettes, and coffee.
    You got that right! If you can run a still and make booze you will always have a valuable commodity to trade. Probably want something with a bit more oomph than 22LR to protect your investment in equipment and inventory however.

Without coffee I'm pretty sure the GDP would drop by 30% in no time.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

Green Dot, 2400, W760 and IMR 4895. Technically I bought it last week but it arrived today. I don't discuss quantity anymore. Had four powder types in the cabinet before the shortage. Let's just say there are a lot of different types now.

IMR4350 and H4530. Saw Bullseye, IMR4895, 2400, various Reloader powders and others.

Boolit Master

4lb of commercial #1 and 4lb of NC-03
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Page 47 of 114 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast