Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Buddy
    Hello all. I'm an addict and this site is so very wonderful for feeding my addiction.

happy casting and straight shooting

Super Moderator

.................I'd like to personally welcome all the new members that have signed on recently. When you have the chance or the time another resource we have you can check out is at www.castpics.net. It was a place for all us cast lead guys that used the old Shooters.com BB to have as a kinda special place. There is a lot of stuff there that isn't physically here at Cast Boolits.

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Mold
    Howdy fellers. An Okie here been loadin for 40 years although casting only 3-4 . Learning alot from you-all. Thanks for the good info.

Super Moderator

..............powerglide, eh? Great, another Chevy guy Welcome aboard from an old Ford guy anyway.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Guys, I have only been a member for a couple of days and have learned a lot. Been loading for twenty years or so, new to casting my own. I am very happy to be part of something like this, thanks Jim

Boolit Master
    Hello to new guys!

Made me think of a '69 Impala I owned briefly, 283 w/ 2-speed powerglide,
    would go 55 in 1st gear.
    Was OK 'til a drunk illegal ran off the road and smashed it in the parking lot.
    Twisted the trunk and cracked the brick wall.
    Guy who bought it from me cheap used to go back and forth TX to FL to visit relatives.

Sorry, hijack over!

Just want to say hello.....
    Last edited by suba; 10-26-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Boolit Mold

Hello

Love this site. I've been reloading for about 17 years and casting on and off for about the same amount of time. Keeps me sane and out of my wifes hair. It means more when you make it yourself.

Boolit Man
    Hello, another newbie here to the sight and to casting I've been reloading for more years than I care to count but never cast my own until now thanks, Terry

Boolit Mold
    New guy here. I got bit hard by the reloading bug. I've grown up watching my dad reload and have been shooting as long as I can remember. I've been looking at getting into casting because I like shooting as much as I can for as cheap as I can. I'm stationed in Camp Lejeune so if anyone is around local I'd like to get a few pointers if possible. But if not I'm pretty sure I can learn a ton off this site.

Boolit Bub
    A little "drinking town with a fishing problem" somewhere in Northeastern Galveston County, Texas

New Member Intro

Hello all!

I just signed up today and figured I'd introduce myself.

I'm a '50 something' refinery worker along the Houston Ship Channel. Been there since 1977. Married my high school sweetheart over 30 years ago and now have 3 kids and two grandkids. In addition, I also served in the fire service as both an industrial and municipal volunteer. After 32 years I decided I'd done enough for 'God and Country' (and besides it was getting harder to keep up with those 'young-uns' at the station) and in 2005 retired from the fire service. I had entertained the idea of one day taking up reloading as a hobby, and my retirement gave me good excuse to get started. As so many before me, I started out reloading for 'economic reasons' - but let’s face it - have you seen the prices in some of those catalogs - you just got to love doing this stuff. Anyway, me and the wife make our home on a peninsula on Galveston Bay. In 2008 when Hurricane Ike hit Galveston (we're located about 20 miles north of there) we were flooded out and lost nearly everything we had. This put a bit of a crimp in my reloading activities to say the least. Now that we just completed a total re-build of our house, I’m breaking out the old press and getting back into it again. I have just added a few new toys to my repertoire, and opened up a new facet to my hobby too – ‘boolit casting’! If this site is half as good as the folks over at the RLB say, I’m in for a real treat – and one heck of an education.

Ken
    San Leon, TX

Boolit Master
    Howdy Ken!
    Dang you type more than me.
    In my college days I had a summer job heat-treating down there, spent many hours sitting on
    4' dia pipe as they shot hot air through 'em.
    We tacked on heaters and wrapped 'em up, then slept in shifts for a couple days ramping the heat up & back down.
    Ice in the hardhat helped a lot.

Anyway welcome, they treat ya good here, very knowledgable group.
    I haven't been here long and have learned a LOT.

Bolivar Ferry still running?

Boolit Bub
    A little "drinking town with a fishing problem" somewhere in Northeastern Galveston County, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by a.squibload View Post
    . . . . Bolivar Ferry still running?
    I think it is. We haven't been that far down on the Island since the storm. Farthest we've got was UTMB. We rode it out at my sons apartment just a few miles inland (BAD choice BTW). Turned out to be more traumatic for the wife than we expected - we couldn't even drive through our own town without crying for almost a year, let alone go to Galveston.

Oh yea, I guess I should have warned everyone - I do suffer from 'excessive over-elaboration' sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Ken77539 View Post
    Oh yea, I guess I should have warned everyone - I do suffer from 'excessive over-elaboration' sometimes
    I think they make a pill for that.......

Welcome aboard Ken. Howdy to all the other new folks.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Buddy

Welcome to all new members. This site has, without a doubt, some of the most knowledgeable casters and shooters any where. Questions are always answered courteously, with insight that only experience can provide. I am always amazed by the world wide scope of the members.

Banned

Wow the new members just keep coming. Welcome aboard to cast boolit heaven! ..

Boolit Mold

Noob from Texas

Hi all, brand new member from San Antonio, TX. I have been reloading for a few months and am just getting interested in casting. Saw this site referenced on a few other boards I belong to and have been reading for days (one of the few forums NOT blocked by the filter at the office, production is down...). Anyways, just saying hello and am looking forward to learning all I can!

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

This thread should come with a warning that casting and reloading is addiction and this site is not to be held responseable for the money you will soon be spending
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Banned

Horrible addition for sure Ricky.

CA will be opening a chapter soon near you.

Boolit Mold
    Hi fellas nice to be here with like minded people. Thanks for allowing me to join and listen and contribute. Thanks nate.

Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast