RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load Data
Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Mold
    Hello everybody! Lurked here for a while and have been gathering some fantastic knowledge, thank you!
    I've been shooting and reloading for over a decade but have been a bit intimidated by casting my own boolits. It's fascinating and I do want to start sooner rather than later. My life stage makes it difficult (small children in the suburbs) but not impossible.

I'll be exploring for a while.

Thanks for the great forum!

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Mold
    Good afternoon, I'm new to the group but not complete new to casting. I've been a cas shooter for a little over 5 years. Which of course led me to join our local muzzleloader club. Currently I'm casting 45lc smokeless and black powder boolits, same with .38, I've also been casting soft lead for 3-5 different muzzle loading rifles and pistols. So of course the next progression is long range, I ordered a Pedersoli Remington rolling block in 45-70. So that adventure will begin shortly. That what brought me here. Thanks ddfrieghter

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Bub
    Just a quick hello from a new member. Been reloading for about 2 years and decided to start casting so I can shoot more on my starving college student budget. So much great info on here. Can't wait to put it to use when my pot and molds show up in a few days!

Boolit Mold
    I'm also new here. Found the forum because of the molds from Miha.

Hope to learn a lot for casting my own boolits.

Unfortunately can't recieve any e-mails from the forum. No acitvation e-mails, no new answer notifications.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome to cast boolits to both of you. Great bunch of folks here

Boolit Mold
    New Guy from Central Illinois. I have been looking to get into reloading for about a year now. I just received some vintage reloading stuff that I would like some info on. I'll post that in another thread. Love the site so far.

Boolit Man
    Thanks a bunch for giving us (newbies) a place to get our feet wet this this thread on this site. I have been using this website as a reference for several years. You guys have your ducks in a row. Your site is pretty easy to navigate, even for this newbie. I am just getting started on trying to powder coat some bullets and this site is helping with "recipe's". Wife is not all that keen on me cooking stuff in the kitchen, so I am looking for a cheap electric range to put in the outbuilding for finishing up my boolits. In my years of shooting PPC, IPSC, NSSF, GSSF, NRA Bullseye, I have always admired the way the "old guys" are always willing to help out the newer guys. I will admit that I have even loaned some of my guns at matches (and supplied some ammo) to someone who was wanting to try their luck. Must be what a drug dealer feels like when he gives free samples to potential clients. Just hook them and then they can't stop. similar, yet different....... Thanks again for a great web site!

Boolit Mold
    Jumping in from Virginia. Well you can't Google anything about cast bullets without ending up here. I've gotten a ton of great info from this forum already. Been shooting and reloading for nearly 50 years. Started at 14. Do the math, yes I'm old! Anyway retired now, live on 30 acres with my own 200 yard range. I have shot plenty of cast bullets over the years but never reloaded them or cast my own. Starting now!
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Boolit Mold
    Hello everyone, new guy from southern Ohio. Been reloading for nearly 30 years mainly the j-word and commercial cast. Gathering components and info hope to get started soon. Thanks for all the great info.

Hello to the whole community
    My name is Juan, and I am in the province of Alicante (Spain)
    Congratulations for such a great forum.
    Best regards.
    Juan

Been on the site for a few months now and just getting around to this section and this thread. A lot of good info in the tech sections,,,wish I had more time to read it all.

I have been associated with firearms since I was about 8 years old however I never did do a lot of shooting until recently. I now live where I have been able to set up my own shooting area, it is only about thirty yards long so not so good for rifle. I have in the last few years gotten into pistol shooting, I find it very enjoyable and am amazed I did not get into it when I was younger.

My other hobbies include Reenacting (Civil War a Cowboy) and Motorcycling. The reenacting got me interested in pistols and caused me to purchase my Uberti SAA clone. The Cowboy reenacting (doing shootout scenes from movies or something made up) caused me to get into reloading so that I could make up my own blanks. This of course opened the door to the rabbit hole,,,
    Short,Fat,and Slow,,,Yup I love the .45

Boolit Man
    Another new guy here. I just started handloading 44mag (Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter), which then lead me to try my hand at casting boolits for my 54cal muzzleloader. I've done a batch of 535 round balls and one batch of Lee REALs. I suppose I need to get a mold or two for my 44 now... Any suggestions??

Banned
    Welcome to CB dsayer,

Lee is an economical way to start

https://leeprecision.com/bullet-cast...-bullet-molds/

You should slug your barrel and get a mold that drops at least 1/2 thou over that diameter

next, you need to choose the proper alloy for how hard you want to push the boolits

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Various-Alloys

Boolit Buddy
    Just another newbie from Iowa.

There is a wealth of information on this forum to make your head spin. So much so that I'm indebted to a lot of fellow members for sharing their insights and knowledge to guide me.

I'm of the believe that if you study from others (especially elders) that you can save a lot of headaches, aggravation and money. Well, not so much on the money part. I wanted to start slow and in phases but I'm enjoying it so much (too much) that I just keep purchasing more stuff based upon what I'm learning here and from a few you tube videos (FortuneCookie45LC, Elvis Ammo and Johnny's Reloading Bench to name a few). You folks have guided me on equipment recommendations and procedures.

I'm currently reloading with a Lee Turret Press Deluxe Kit for 40 S/W. Will be reloading for 9mm and 45 ACP after this weekend. Just started casting my own bullets; powder coat, sizing and all. Glad I didn't have to dive into the lube process.

Another good thing with this forum, is I feel comfortable with purchasing items from the Swap and Sale section. All the transactions I've made so far have been Straight Shooters and I've been acknowledging them in that section.

Again, thanks to all of you for keeping this forum very educational, entertaining and a growing family.

I hope to not ask any questions, because I'm sure it's been answered at one time or another. I promise, if I do, I've made every effort to find the answer via searching and reading. I'll know you'll come through for me if I do.

Banned

We like Newbe's Camper64...

Welcome aboard,

-Pat ...

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    Welcome to CB dsayer,

Lee is an economical way to start

https://leeprecision.com/bullet-cast...-bullet-molds/

You should slug your barrel and get a mold that drops at least 1/2 thou over that diameter

next, you need to choose the proper alloy for how hard you want to push the boolits

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Various-Alloys
    Thanks! I'm considering a 240gr SWC that I could use for plinking rounds as 44spc with pure lead or then try to harden and gas check with a hotter load. Maybe try to simulate something close to the Buffalo Bore Deer Grenade even though it wouldn't be a hollow point.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=232

I'm also currently just using a Lee Loader for my 44mag and don't have a sizer to seat the gas check. My wife asking that I wait a little longer before buying more loading/casting gear...

I wanted to say hello, I have been reading this forum for a while, I have really enjoyed the content.

I bought my RCBS Rockchucker in the mid 1980 and have loaded a lot of ammo on it. It is slow, but has always got me from A to B. I have avoided loading pistol ammo for the most part because it was so slow. I decided it was time to kick it up a notch, and have been upgrading my equipment. I just took delivery on a Hornady AP Lock & Load, hope to get its quirks figured out soon. As long as I am at it, I got a couple molds to cast bullets (124 grain 9mm and 55 grain 5.56) . I have cast 1000's of pounds of fishing lead, hope to add some shooting projectiles to that list. Something seems wrong with painting boolits, but that is where I am headed. I have powder coated a lot of lead fishing jig heads, so boolits look pretty easy to paint.

I am sure I will have questions as I proceed down the making boolits road. Thanks in advance.

Bait O' eggs welcome to the board there a lot of good folks here that will answer most any question you will have D Crockett

Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast