RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2
Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Mold
    Good Afternoon folks. I've been lurking for about a year and a half and finally made the jump.
    I started reloading and casting during 1960, than along came the Army than College, family, career, etc. Of course a big mistake I made was to sell all my casting equipment and went into pre-cast handgun a jacketed rifles when things quieted down. Lately I've started thinking about casting lead for both early production .32 Win. Special and a .38-55 Win. I was very surprised to see that Lyman does not have a big selection of mold's available, but business is business. These projects should be very interesting

Stay safe folks.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Well heck ! Bout time New River Gent ! Welcome .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

A prodigal returns! Welcome.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Bub
    Hello,
    I've been reloading for a number of years in several calibers, but using j-word bullets and mostly for rifles. A few years ago I started buying MBC cast boolits for pistols and had been satisfied, but I'm always yearning for more. This forum has come up many times when searching for answers to questions posed via the internet. In the last few months I have been wanting to cast my own boolits and have been reading posts here voraciously. I've also read "Ingots to Targets" looking for information.

I have not yet cast a single boolit, but I have been gathering supplies. My plan is to use a gas powered plumber's furnace with cast iron pot/pans to make ingots from range scrap (j-word bullets with some shotgun buck and slugs) and then ladle pour boolits to powder coat. I have a spare tumbler and will likely use that for applying the PC and will obtain a convection toaster oven for baking. Initially, I will be casting for .45 ACP and if all goes well then .38 Special and 9mm. Assuming that goes well, .458, .308, and .311 caliber rifle will be next. I really want to find an acceptable load for subsonic .308 Win using CB's and my .458 SOCOM is expensive to shoot with j-word bullets.

I'm sure I will want to get an electric bottom pour pot to speed production after getting started. I need to get molds yet, but most everything else I have or will shortly. I'm excited to start down this rabbit hole and appreciate all the hard work done before me to make it easier for me to begin! I have a whole lot to learn and am willing to do so. I hope to contribute as well when I have knowledge or experience to do so. Another hobby is gas powered appliances such as Coleman lanterns and stoves, so if you have a question about those, fire away!

Thanks allowing me to join!

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Okay, so i got this wild hair up my _____. Thought yeah i can do that !! "Casting". Then the research bagan and now?
    Lets just say i have everything but a chosen Boolit. It all started with "I hate the cost of RANGE TIME with what I carry"
    Looking for HP CB. All the testing i have seen are with Manufactured rounds. Of Course i could be looking the wrong way.
    9mm 3.4" Barrel 1:10"RH Twist with 6 Grooves

As you can tell "I'm Another New 1" Hope to choose soon.

Just sharing why i joined after STALKING for quite some time.
    Today I Learned That I know less than I Thought.
    Tommorow will be the same, I'm Sure!!

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard!
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Buddy

Welcome to all the new members! There's a MESS of knowledge and experience on here and every new person brings even more to add. Thanks for joining!
    "A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown"

Banned

Cast Boolit Heaven...

Greetings to all users C.B. from nort east of Italy, near Torino, in a small village. Good wine, good cheeses and so many green hills where does the "Fassone", the famous Piemontese meat. . . . . and, of course, a abandoned quarry where to go to practice on saturday and sunday.

My name is Arturo, I'm "just" 49, married, 3 kids.

This forum is wonderful. I've been checking this forum out for awhile and it seem everyone is so friendly. One I have noticed is the amount and the quality of information, is formidable. Thanks very much.

I obviously speak Italian, I speak and write very well French, I speak and write very bad in English, sorry.
    My compliment to the staff and user Cast Boolits

Welcome Arturo!
    No apologies necessary, your English is better than some folks who were born here.

Banned

Yes, welcome. Your English is better than any other language I can't speak. There is a lot of good info here.
    God Bless and God Speed
    Last edited by jmort; 05-31-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Welcome aboard Arturo, not a worry about the English. I seem to have problems with iot my self and I was born here. It's gotten worse since I had the stroke, but I can (and you will soon) get your point across, and I can't speak any other language except bits and pieces.
    Rob

Vendor Sponsor

Welcome Arturo!
    There are many helpful people here ..
    Cheers!!
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard!
    - Albert Camus -

Thank You everythings
    After many year of homemade castings using a pot and a electrical stove I have decide to built myself a casting machine. In my work I have to dispositions a lathe and a milling machine.
    Now, in Italy, there is a deep economic crisis and I have a few time for me.

Howdy from the hills of east Tennessee. I'm a yong' un at 26, freshly married and just starting to get involved in reloading and casting, haven't done a bit of either yet, but I hope to have all the gear I need this summer.

Welcome aboard, Spoonerism. Pull up a chair, grab a cup, and immerse yourself in one of the best hobbies around. Does your bride participate? If so, good for her. If not, there is nothing better than getting her started along side you.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. " --(Thomas Jefferson)

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug pusher an unlicensed pharmacist."

When you put Political Correctness ahead of justice, you get no justice.
    Mark Fuhrman

Boolit Mold
    Hola everybody; new guy here from southeastern WI. Been reloading now for a bit, but just haven't yet completed my dive into casting my own boolits. Got a giant bucket of lead wheel weights from a friend, so once the funds allow, I will be getting some molds, a hotpot, and some HF powdercoat and get crackin'

As of now I'm trying to stick to one projectile size for pistol and one for rifle for both my girlfriend and myself, those being .356 for handgun (for 357Sig and 9mm) and .277 for rifle (for 277WLV and 6.8SPC). Hoping that once I get into casting I can start increasing my stockpile without my wallet hurting as much.

Excited to be a part of this community!

Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast