WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

I joined a couple of months ago and thought is time to introduce my myself. I'm fairly new to guns and am just getting into reloading. I look forward to participating in the forum. I'm sure that I'll have lots of questions.

Boolit Mold
    Hi, everyone! I've just joined this forum and am introducing myself. I live in southern Alabama. I was born and raised in Italy, moved to California in 1975, spent two awful years there, moved to Montana, where I spent 7 years, then moved to Alaska, where I spent 29 years (I was a high school teacher of English, there), then retired and settled in Alabama where I am planning to be buried in a century or two... I am a gun nut and shoot and hunt both with breechloaders and muzzleloaders. My favorite guns are my T/C Hawken cal. .50 with a Green Mountain aftermarket barrel with a rifling pitch of 1:28" and my Ruger M77 .338 WM, that I still use for whitetail deer. Yes, I know, it's too big for deer, but I've never seen a game animal that was too dead after being shot. On the other hand I've seen some that were not quite dead enough and were lost... The real reason why I use this old gun, though, is that I hunted for deer in Kodiak, where I lived, in some nasty neighborhoods infested with Kodiak bears, and I wanted to have in my hands something with plenty of Oomph! to dispose quickly of a pissed-off brownie. Another gun that I still use often is my 1987 11-87 12/76. I was an avid duck hunter in Kodiak. Here I use it for doves, crows, coyotes and bobcats. There is no real duck hunting here, except for a few wood ducks. Besides, my fifteen-year-old chocolate Lab is retired and fading fast. I have a CCP and carry either a Kimber 1911 .45 ACP or, in the summer, when concealability is a problem, a little Beretta 95 .380. I have a plethora of other guns, both long and short, but too many to mention. My wife hunts and shoots, too. I also have two favorite toys that consume fuel, not gunpowder: an Argo 6x6 amphibious ATV, and a Kubota RTV 1100.
    I hope to make some new friends here and to learn new tricks.

Boolit Buddy
    Nanook of the North, reporting in. Long time hunter and shooter in SouthEast Alaska, but just getting started using cast bullets (so far all purchased commercially) in .30-30, .35 Remington, .45-70 and .41 Remington Magnum. Glad to be here.

Boolit Mold
    New guy from Missouri here. Wanted to say hello as I just joined the forum today. I've only been reloading a short while and casting for even less time, but I'm completely hooked. I've been loading with a Lee classic handloader, and for me it's been just perfect as I don't get to reload a lot and I don't have a lot of extra room at the moment. Anyway I'm also a hobby machinist and look forward to trying to machine some molds for myself.

Chris

Boolit Mold

Thumbs up

Howdy Forum Members,
    I am new here myself, came across the forum while doing some research on some load info.
    I'm currently in Ozark Mtns, Ar but hail from Kalispel Mt. I am retired military (GySgt-USMC)
    Avid Hunter and Collector of Sharps rifles and US Military Rifles. I have already found a wealth of
    great info here through out the forum and looking forward to being a member as well.

Semper Fi ....
    " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Welcome to our happy home and family.

Pull up your favorite rocking chair and a LARGE mug of joe and start reading the stickies.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Just joined today after lurking about this forum for after several months. Been reloading for a few years and last winter I decided to try my hand at casting my own boolits.

At this time I'm only shooting cast boolits out of one of my rifles-a Marlin 336A 30-30 and thanks to the help that many of you supplied me, here's the fruits of those labors:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0001.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	179234 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	311-165 26 gns.H335.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	179235

100 yds.
    26gns. of H335 under a powder coated boolit dropped from an SC311-165 RF mold from NOE.
    The "flyer" was the result of someone on the next bench over from me shooting just miliseconds before my rifle went off resulting in a flinched shot. The other 4 rounds grouped at less than 1".

Boolit Master

Howdy, I've been lurking and reading here a whip, nit sure why it took me so long to join. I shoot handgun and long gun, both smokless, black powder and substitutes. I'm currently casting round ball for 44, 50 and 69 cal smokepoles, and 38/357/35 REM for smokless guns. I live in north central florida

Hello all, I have no idea where to post this, so I figured I would start here. I am looking for local casters in my area to get my feet wet. I like to ease into things by doing rather than just reading (which I have done A LOT of). Are there sub forums by state or region? I am in Northern Oklahoma.

Boolit Mold
    Hi guys. Thanks for letting me join the forum. I have so much to learn but I am looking forward to getting into reloading with cast boolits for my 357 magnum Chiappa 1892 lever action. I have not reloaded a single shell for the last 30 years or so but I am sure it will come back to me, with some help from you guys.

Howdy from Southeast Texas!
    You do not fight out of hate but rather the love and compassion you have for those you are trying to protect.

I've just joined this forum and am introducing myself. I have been reloading jacketed bullets since 1980 and am just getting started casting boolits for my 1873 Trapdoor Cadet rifle.

Boolit Mold
    I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking awhile . I am a avid reloader. Thinking about getting in to casting. This is for sure the place to learn! Merry Christmas to all!

Larry in South Bend

Boolit Bub

Hey Y'all

Hey Y'all from Tennessee. I've been reloading for a while for 9 different calibers, cast bullets in all my pistols and one rifle from a vendor in Oregon. Now I'm starting casting myself and all of my casting stuff will be here next week and I will be powder coating. I have several friends who are members here and figured this is where I need to be for answers to questions I have. Thanks for letting me join and I look forward to the knowledge I'll gain here and maybe hand out as well.

Name:	IMG_2707.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	185503

Name:	IMG_2480.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	185504
    Last edited by Madoktor1; 01-18-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Hello,

My name is Matthew and I am here to learn more about casting. I love to hunt and fish. My hobby is airguns and I am a member of Gatewaytoairguns.org . I am going to be getting a .357 Air rifle to hunt coyotes with and I would like to cast bullets for it.

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Bub
    Greetings from Belgium!

I enjoy recreational shooting since 20 years now, I shoot 16 different calibers including the little 25acp, I reload all of them. Actually about 10 calibers see more usage, the others are more seldom used.

2 years ago I became father so the time I can spend reloading in the basement is more limited. My shooting volume is slightly going up, so I'm graduating from slow presses to fast ones, and to faster casting and lubing equipment. Casting is fairly new to me.

Guess I'll spend most of my time in the Star equipment corner. Later on I may need some input on casting for surplus rifles, i intend to experiment with epoxy coat with gas checks in WWI-WWII surplus rifles like Mausers.

Looking forward to this.

Thanks for sharing so much information!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    Greetings from Belgium!

I enjoy recreational shooting since 20 years now, I shoot 16 different calibers including the little 25acp, I reload all of them. Actually about 10 calibers see more usage, the others are more seldom used.

2 years ago I became father so the time I can spend reloading in the basement is more limited. My shooting volume is slightly going up, so I'm graduating from slow presses to fast ones, and to faster casting and lubing equipment. Casting is fairly new to me.

Guess I'll spend most of my time in the Star equipment corner. Later on I may need some input on casting for surplus rifles, i intend to experiment with epoxy coat with gas checks in WWI-WWII surplus rifles like Mausers.

Looking forward to this.

Thanks for sharing so much information!
    Welcome from Texas!

Since you are way farther down the road of reloading and casting then me, I am glad to have you on this forum and I hope you can help me out sometime when I need it.
    Seriously though it is good to have you here. You will enjoy the vast knowledge that can be gleened from here and the help of some really good people.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Bub
    Thanks!

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome to the forum Pebbles!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast