Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Master
    Well Bob in St. Louis you are in good shape with your herco with a heavy payload , the wads are more of a 1-1 1/8 oz but you can find some 1 1/8 herco loads , the buckshot is interchangeable with lead shot data just count and weight for amount , lee has data out for the slugs , but one of the most important ingredients is the hulls , and that are not the same . Not just 3 or 2 3/4 inch but the tapering of the hull and the base of hull will affect the pressure big time . I have smashed out 12s for over 20 years with my lee load all , you can mix up all kinds off loads with the bushings that come with it . Sit down and load a hundred right quick or mash out a box to go hunting with . I have loaders I can load a lot more on , but I don't have a loader I have had more fun with . Be safe and do some pattern test on your shotgun , pop can patterns count to *** well as paper just don't know wear the ones that missed went .

Thank you!
    What do you feel about that part where the load installed in the wad should fit down the barrel with a light drag?
    The Lee 1 oz slug in this wag won't fit at ALL!! (yet I've fired a few)

Boolit Master
    Bob in St. Louis if you go to the top of the page on the right side , there is a Google search if you punch in ( lee 1 oz slug load data ) you will open up a wealth of knowledge . Figure out what slug you have lee has a key drive , or the one that looks like a big airgun pellet . Follow load data as stated earlier pressure can vary greatly with switching between components . You feel the recoil but that is not the pressure you need to worry about . Herco will work for you , it's good for 10-12-20 gage plus hand guns ,even light rifle loads . Spend a little time getting to understand your load combinations and it will quickly start making sense .witch wad and hull for witch payload of shot . If you need a few different wads or hulls to put together your load p m me ill see what I have .

Boolit Master
    I just thought I'd mention if you don't have the directions for the lee load all , I can get you a copy . Or lee offers you free download you will see witch powder bushings for different powder charges , but you need to check the real weights with a scale when at the top end .

Thanks for the heads-up on the search bar up there!
    I've got the Lee chart, but every one of the Herco listings show "none" on the bushing size.

Boolit Master
    Bushing .198= 28.9 herco that's the largest bushing after that you must hand weigh with a scale. 1500 fps is moving .

Ahh... gotcha. Thank you.
    Yes, 1500 is indeed moving. The VEPR12 likes the high octane (which is why I'm wanting to reload).

Boolit Mold
    Hello fellow enthusiasts! ... And you know you've taken this hobby too far when you find yourself on a boolit casting website!

I am a 100% neophyte in the world of casting, so please bare with my tremdously elementary questions! I'm starting from scratch here!

thanks for having my aboard

Trev
    Last edited by ChromeArty; 04-10-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Boolit Master
    Welcome ChromeArty your going to have fun . Start reading and asking questions .

Boolit Bub
    Hi all,
    Long time lurker here starting to get real interested in casting some of my own. Been reloading for many years and now that I bought a .38 I want to make up some SWC-HP loads. Planning to start with regular SWC when I get around to actually getting some molds. I did cast some pure lead Great Plains conicals for my muzzle loader but that is about it. I hope to learn about hardness requirements and all the rest. This site is a wealth of info for a newbie. Any others around the South King County area of Washington? Finding a tutor would be great.
    Last edited by drifterdon; 04-11-2016 at 09:43 PM. Reason: spellin

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Hi yall. I just joined. I had some questions regarding casting in the THR forums and they recommended for me to check yall out as yall have a wealth of info on this stuff. Thanks for letting me join!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Welcome!!
    "THR" forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
    Welcome!!
    "THR" forum?
    The High Road forum..nice folks too but casting isnt their field of scope

Boolit Master
    We'll I suppose this is the best place to say "hi" to everyone, so hi. Before I get going I'd like to apologize to user JimB if he or she exists, please let me know and I'll change my name to avoid any confusion, just wasn't thinking about it.

I've been a poor shot for a number of years and was recently tempted by reloading to feed my NFA habit. Having loaded just a few thousand rounds I'm getting subtle pressure to at least begin thinking about casting, so here I am.

Honestly have been lurking for maybe a year and find that you're a pleasant and helpful group, I will strive to maintain that standard.

Make it a great evening,
    Jim

Boolit Master
    Welcome aboard.

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome,
    We can provide the info you seek if it is related to cast. We are not like THR in many ways. Take your time and enjoy the place.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by cobra246 View Post
    Hi yall. I just joined. I had some questions regarding casting in the THR forums and they recommended for me to check yall out as yall have a wealth of info on this stuff. Thanks for letting me join!

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard JimB..

Once you decide what name you truely want let me know and I will change it.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    We'll I suppose this is the best place to say "hi" to everyone, so hi. Before I get going I'd like to apologize to user JimB if he or she exists, please let me know and I'll change my name to avoid any confusion, just wasn't thinking about it.

I've been a poor shot for a number of years and was recently tempted by reloading to feed my NFA habit. Having loaded just a few thousand rounds I'm getting subtle pressure to at least begin thinking about casting, so here I am.

Honestly have been lurking for maybe a year and find that you're a pleasant and helpful group, I will strive to maintain that standard.

Make it a great evening,
    Jim
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Buddy
    This looks like the place to say hello. I am definitely a novice when it comes to casting. I had a few lessons back in 1966. I kept up the reloading part but for various reasons never pursued the casting. So I think it is about high time I expand my horizons and try my hand at creating some of my own boolits. I know lead still melts the same way (ok the "new" bottom pour pots are sure nice) and I know there have been tremendous improvements in lube. I plan to do a lot of lurking (absorbing information) and hopefully will be able to contribute occasionally.

Thanks for letting me join the site.

Banned

Welcome lurkers...

Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast